WGTC, season 1, please use new thread, link in post 1.Finished 

Yeah thats the issue about that.. Would also like that the aero settings would have an effect on the pp.. But yeah, it ensures that noone will win the championship too easy.

Hmm, I like how aero doesn't effect PP, because in real life you don't get more HP if you have low DF.

Silverstone PRE-Season test results
PRE QUALIFYING TEST TIMES

QUALIFYING TIMES

RACE RESULTS

Race Infractions

All the usual Pit lane limits.

@@Kimster71, Pit 1,
You were seen to cross the pit exit line before the end of the pit lane

@@Ittybitty Stigy, Pit 1,
You were seen to cross the pit exit line before the end of the pit lane

@@Glenalz81, Both pit stops,
You were seen to cross the pit exit line before the end of the pit lane.
I would guess you probably forgot about the pit limits as you were the worst offender.

Please watch this in the main races guys as warnings will be given.

SUZUKA

I would like to test the PP penalty system at Suzuka so if the following drivers could run the following:
@HMilan21: -8pp
@P1K3Y_M1k3Y: -5pp
@Ittybitty Stigy: -2pp

The tyre rule will be enforced as always so please use both the Medium and Soft tyre.

Other OP upades

RS and TK now running under the team name of RT Performance.
Kimster71 will be joining us as an AM driver and racing with NRG Racing
Daniel Pinho will be joining us as an AM driver in an Independent GT-R

Race laps added to OP​

Last edited:
"The tyre rule will be enforced as always so please use both the Medium and Soft tyre."

There will be a minimum lap number where anyone must use medium, or no? I mean its ok if anyone uses med for only one lap, or it should be used at least as many laps as soft tyre? (knowing that med will last more than soft)

"The tyre rule will be enforced as always so please use both the Medium and Soft tyre."

There will be a minimum lap number where anyone must use medium, or no? I mean its ok if anyone uses med for only one lap, or it should be used at least as many laps as soft tyre? (knowing that med will last more than soft)
Pretty sure in the OP it states that you must use them for a reasonable length.

Me to Glen:mad:

Mike will confirm, but the standing with the medium tyre as far as I'm aware at the moment, is minimum of 40 minutes / worn below 5 on all tyres.

In the pre season race both tyres shpuld be used (@Ittybitty Stigy is correct) "for a reasonable duration". 1 lap will not count but as the race is shorter than normal race distance this will be considered when looking to see if drivers complete this part of the race 👍

Also guys, I just thought there is still an opening for our last steward. Anyone interested should PM me to show their innterest and then names will be put to the current stewards and a decision will be made before race 1.

EDIT: @gtpcaine, correct, 40 min / below 5 on wear indicator (shorter race distance will be considered)

Please sing me for reserve spot

GTP Tag: roberte
PSN Tag: roberte

Welcome aboard, as soon as a space opens up you will be 1st on the list to take that spot 👍
Out of interest, would you expect to be a PRO or an AM? Will need to see your pace to be sure for myself still :D

issue3.png

So with the final pre season test only a couple of days away i just wanted to remind a few drivers they MUST attend the test this weekend to keep their place for race 1.

The following drivers will need to attend as they didn't attend test 1:
@JordanDaly
@Daniel Pinho
@vetteman24
If you know you will not be able to attend you can save your place by sending me a PM with your reason.

@roberte please attend so we can evaluate your pace. I am sure there will be space, if not then we will make space for you.

Thanks guys and see you Saturday :D

PD need to get their **** sorted!:mad: thats the second big race i've had ruined by some sort of glitch where by you enter the pit with damage and the whole time you're in pit your looking out the back window on exit still back window on track still back window and it doesn't change back!..rear view button did nothing,also couldn't look to either side...only reset after pulling usb on wheel :odd:....by which time i was at least a lap and a half behind..so fk it!
Sorry folks for not finishing but the ds3's not for me.:grumpy:

PD need to get their **** sorted!:mad: thats the second big race i've had ruined by some sort of glitch where by you enter the pit with damage and the whole time you're in pit your looking out the back window on exit still back window on track still back window and it doesn't change back!..rear view button did nothing,also couldn't look to either side...only reset after pulling usb on wheel :odd:....by which time i was at least a lap and a half behind..so fk it!
:( That really sucks.

Yeah that does suck! Haven't heard of that bug before. :(

My race was good, except for the pace RS had! :lol:

I was initially planning to 2 stop, 2 stints on softs and the mediums inbetween, but with RS right behind me, I didn't think I had enough speed to gain a pitstop on him, so ended up taking it easy for most of the 1st half of the race trying to conserve my tyres. Managed to pull out abit of a gap after the stop, but then a lapse of concentration saw that go along with the lead. After that I just had to push like mad to try and catch up which caused another silly spin at the chicane, and that was that! Nice pace at the end Nifty btw, sorry to hold you up :lol: In hindsight I wish I had stuck to my original plan, would have let me push harder at the start! Think I only got into the 54's once in the race :( And then have decent tyres at the end too, but hey. It's only pre-season!

Well done RS -- good effort mate! Also wd Stigy, another podium!

EDIT

Whole race had big lags, I once ran wide in T1 and nearly crashed several times because of that...
Yeah I had one near the start going through the esses, all of a sudden Milan was infront of me! Again at 130r, and once into the chicane.

Congratulations for everyone, it was a hard race on an unforgiving track, podium finishers showed some great pace, i did what i was able but i had no chance to catch them :bowdown:

For me the race began way better than i expected, first of all i was lucky for finishing 3rd on qualifying, i should have been around 5th place, as we see the practice times... and then i made a good start, i passed RS on the outside of corner1 , i was able to drive with Caine on the first few laps, and then that big lag was strange, i passed him only because of that, otherwise i couldnt do that anywhere... we almost crashed there, it was really close... then i made a stupid mistake, and Caine and RS passed me, half a lap later Stigy too, before the 130r i lifted off a little bit, i knew there is not too much reason to fight, i'd just slow myself down always doing defensive moves...

So i was running 4th, Glen was also a bit faster that time, always using my slipstream, was able to pass, but then he couldnt break away, he went to pits on lap 10, i think its a bit early, 20 laps would be killer on meds here i think...

I was in the pit at the end of lap 16 to avoid that pit-lane traffic, came back to 4th...i had no chance to catch anyone ahead... just had to watch not to make too many mistakes...which i did on the last lap at 130r,(i also spun at the last lap of the silverstone race :lol:) i went wide, lost few seconds but i was able to bring the car home without damage...

My race time was 1.00.10 which is good, i made many race simulations and usually this time came out (+ - 5 sec)
16 laps on soft, 14 on med. I tested a different pit stop strategy, 9 lap soft + 13med (which is a bit more than 25 minute) +8 soft but it was always 10-15 seconds slower than the 1 stop strategy...

Anyways i think i can be satisfied with the result, as i said if someone says me i'll finish 4th in this race i'd sign it that moment :lol: ..Waithing for the next race without penalty pps :cool:

Well my plan was to do 2x 17-18 minute stints on the softs which was about 10 laps and then finish on the mediums..but all that went to 🤬. but yeah well done rs 👍

I got a great jump off the line , passing Glen(I think?) on the outside of T1. I could've gotten into second by T1, but there was just no room left in the straight, so I had to settle for 4th.

Milan went into the sand after Degner 1, allowing RS, and Caine to slip through, but I wasn't close enough behind to get through myself(Nice save BTW Milain, thought for sure you'd be stuck in the sand).

Can't remember what lap, but after I passed Milain, I didn't see anyone else except for lapped cars.

The only other eventful thing that happened to me was a spin at Degner 2 that really pissed me off because I was only 11 seconds off RS and Caine, and that was the only point during the race that I was gaining on you guys:ouch:

Overall, it could have been better, but I'm pretty happy with my result.

Great job RS and Caine, you guys showed some good pace:bowdown:

Qualifying, on the other hand, was crazy for me...

I somehow managed to crash into a wall going in a near straight line, which put me on tire set 2:banghead:. Later that lap, I crashed at 130R, had to pit again before I had even set a lap:ouch:

Looking foward to the first race of the regular season!

Will get Mike to add it to the OP when he does his next update, but here is a link to all the tables for the season. Add it to your fav's so you can check it whenever you want: Championships

Also, Independent drivers now score 1.5x points in the teams championship only, to help keep them in contention in that championship.

Also, in an effort to tidy up the OP, we will be putting different sections onto separate documents. Here is the calendar.

Last edited:
Wow did I sleep :lol: after no sleep night before last I was 🤬. Both in myself and for pace :( so a slow race for me but surprised to only make 2 mistakes :D wont bother giving all the details as uneventful and slow about sums up my race well :lol:

I just want to add another big :cheers: to everyone who attended last night and was really happy to have the same number of cars on track at the end as we did at the start (even if some were in pits) at least they retired properly and didn't just quit the race :D

:cheers: guys and well done.

Now to get down to the real racing :D

Back