WGTC, season 1, please use new thread, link in post 1.Finished 

Hi, i'd also like to join this series :)

Of course, welcome :D I will put you in now.

That makes 8/16 so half a full room :D and still others I think are yet to sign up :D

Last edited:
Put me in for now. I'm quite sure my car will be MB - again - if i'll run this season :)
Not sure yet which one of my PSN account i'll be using this time - we'll see.

Put me in for now. I'm quite sure my car will be MB - again - if i'll run this season :)
Not sure yet which one of my PSN account i'll be using this time - we'll see.

Excellent, welcome back.
I will put you in under the tag you used for last season for now, you can change it any time you like before the start of the season 👍

I'd like to put a reserve on the R8. Since that's what I will probably use:)

I haven't been taking car choices yet. They will be done when the game is released and we know what we got and got them spec'd up and drivers split into pro and am. After this is all done then drivers will be asked for their choice in order of sign up 👍

DROP SCORE

We will be adding a drop score system.
Meaning you will be score on 8/9 races only,
and your worst result will be dropped from the final standings.

Only don't want to commit until I know I can. If it fills up then fine. I am keen for that Z4 though. Put me down as a reserve and I will upgrade to FT if/when.

Only don't want to commit until I know I can. If it fills up then fine. I am keen for that Z4 though. Put me down as a reserve and I will upgrade to FT if/when.

As the reigning champion I would rather put your name in (when I'm on the computer tomorrow) and reserve your space. If when it comes to it you can't commit then I will just open the space up again 👍

Last edited:
INTRODUCTION
Welcome to my World GT Championship
The WGTC

LOGO TO FOLLOW

RACE DAYS WILL BE SATURDAY'S
1st race TBC
ALL TIMES ARE IN GMT
Room open: 17:30pm latest
Please arrive before 18:00 in case network issues
18:10 qualifying spec checks
Qualifying 18:15 - 18:45
18:45 – 19:00 Pre-race break
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO SETTINGS DURING THIS TIME
AS NO FURTHER SPEC CHECKS WILL BE DONE
19:00 race start

MOST DETAILS ARE YET TO BE DECIDED AFTER GAME RELEASE

TESTING WILL TAKE PLACE DURING DECEMBER AND POSSIBLY INTO EARLY JANUARY, I WILL BE LOOKING AT GETTING STARTED BY FEBUARY.

For everybody who comes in and takes a look please have a read and sign up if it's something you like.👍
Hope to have more people on board for this one so sign up and be a part of the fun :D .
This is only meant for serious racers and any poor conduct may result in penalty or even ban (full penalty procedure bellow) so if you don't think you are up for it please do not apply!
This will be an 9 race championship (track list below)
with races being approximately 2 hours long.
Drivers will be split into 2 categories:
PRO
AM
Each PRO driver must create a team and recruit an AM driver to their team.
Meaning each team must have a PRO and an AM driver fighting for their respective championship but all teams will be in the same championship and scored on the results of both drivers.
We have not yet decided on how drivers will be split into categories.
Further details to come.

To sign up please post the following :)
GTP TAG
PSN TAG
TEAM NAME – TO BE SORTED AFTER PRE-SEASON
CAR CHOICE – TO BE SORTED AFTER GAME RELEASE

AND MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER TO SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST ON PSN

P1K3Y_M1K3Y
GTP_Caine

I WOULD ADVISE KEEPING A EYE ON THE BELOW POSTS AS UPDATES WILL BE MADE 👍
Rclark83

As the reigning champion I would rather put your name in (when I'm on the computer tomorrow) and reserve your space. If when it comes to it you can't commit then I will just open the space up again 👍
Fair enough. Thanks.

Not sure if I'll be able to commit to the series yet Mike, but you can put me in the list as a possibility if you like

Of course mate I will put your name down 👍 all i will ask is fair warning if you can't commit :D

So that makes 13 drivers so far :D

OK so Dj want's to join but is having net issues atm so I am going to put his name in 👍

That makes 14 drivers now so we are thinking that we might do a 1 night time trial on GT5 to sort the PRO drivers and the AM drivers to see how many of each we have so that once the game is released everyone already knows what category they will be driving in 👍

Full details will be released once they have been decided on 👍

TIME TRIAL DETAILS

We have decided that the best way to decide who belongs in what category would be based on your own driver ability.
We have also decided that as there is now 14 of us we could do this now so that there is less to be done after the game has been released 👍

After a bit of a debate we have come up with this:

FRIDAY 29/11/13 17:00-21:00
SATURDAY 30/11/13 17:00-21:00

In these 2 sessions you will be allowed to "qualify" for each category.
This will be done in my private lounge using free run.
Drivers will be allowed 20 mins to do a few laps of practice and then will be asked to do 5 hot laps.
Of these laps your fastest lap will count.
The lounge will be set as normal for a race day (except for damage):
Driving Aids: Prohibited except ABS on 1.
Tyre/Fuel Consumption - Normal
Damage - WEAK
Slipstream - Weak
Boost - Off
Grip - Real

The car we will be using can be found in the recommended list on the day,
so no need to go and buy and run a car in.

We will be using the:

CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R '08

It will be running at:
493 BHP
1100 KG's
595 PP
You will not be able to tune your car as the lounge will be set with tuning prohibited.
This is so the only difference between each car is the driver.
We will also be using the
Sport soft tyres to give more of a challenge for a more definite time difference between drivers.

ALL DRIVERS WILL NEED TO ATTEND ONE OF THESE SESSIONS
You will not be allowed to attend both

If you will not be able to attend either session please inbox me and we will try to allow you to do this another time.

Last edited:
Currently wheel-less ATM. Sent it back due to sticking throttle. Not sure I will have sorted something new by the 29th/30th.

Currently wheel-less ATM. Sent it back due to sticking throttle. Not sure I will have sorted something new by the 29th/30th.

That's fine mate I noticed your comment on PSN, should have PM'd you as you will be put straight in with the PRO's. As reigning champ I think you can keep up :lol:

True. Just an idea but, to save people from having to buy a car and run it in, I'm pretty sure the Calsonic GT-R is in the recommended list. You could just set the lobby up to allow that car only? Then people just need to turn up, no messing.

@ROB 256R have you had to deal with logitech direct?.. as both my throttle and brake are in the early stages of sticking..you know the bit where there constantly flickering...my 12 month warranty was out 4 weeks ago.. :(

Back