WGTC, season 1, please use new thread, link in post 1.Finished 

Well as others have been at it, I thought I'd give it a go!

venomracing.jpg

Venom Racing, continuing from Venom Motorsports from last season, but no Viper. Open for anyone who will give me a decent shot at the teams title. Open for a different team name/logo if wanted.

Very true :D

So that means that the independent drivers at the moment are:
HMilan
Rob
Jammy
As we now have as many teams as we have AM drivers :D

PRO drivers looking for a team mate:
RS
Caine
Merlin

AM drivers not in a team:
Jordan
TK
Sience

Last edited:
I'm not planning any team thing now because first i wanna make decision what car i'll use and then if someone free AM driver like same car we could teamup.
I'm happy with it that i'm independent.
@gtpcaine: Best team logo :)

Discussions going on atm and might have everyone in the teams champ and marking any independents within the teams champ. That way the AM drivers have more coice :D

Very true :D

So that means that the independent drivers at the moment are:
HMilan
Rob
Jammy
As we now have as many teams as we have AM drivers :D

PRO drivers looking for a team mate:
RS
Caine
Merlin

AM drivers not in a team:
Jordan
TK
Sience

It's ok for me if i stay independent, i'we always been a lone wolf anyways :lol:

I am thinking that all PRO drivers will have a team name and the remaining AM drivers will be free to join who they want 👍 any single driver teams when we get started will be in the teams championship with the rest but will be shown as a single driver team and will be able to see where they are to other single driver teams 👍

So if all PRO drivers can get a team name to me at somepoint, that would be great but no rush, loads of time 👍

For those of you that have the game and are looking to buy your cars please be careful as to which car you buy as some have different specs

Audi R8 LMS ultra 12 (no livery)
Mercedes SLS GT3 11 (no livery)
Nissan GT-R GT3 13 (no livery)
BMW Z4 GT3 11

No livery cars are so we know you are not using the the wrong car as some with different liveries have different specs 👍

More cars may be added yet!

Last edited:
OK so 1st run on the game done and got 3 of the 4 cars in my garage now. Just need the Merc and tyres for them all and my 1st impression is good 👍 :D big improvement on GT5 :D

On topic of the series my decision about the cars is that we will stick to just the 4 cars we have for season 1 in the interest of cost saving, more cars will be added to season 2 once we have all had a chance to earn more credits 👍

There are a few lounge settings that need to be tested and confirmed how things will be set.
I will next be on the game on Sunday and will be looking to earn the credits for the remaining car and the tyres and then will get testing.
So this week if you see me on GT6 I will most probably be testing things out so feel free to join if you are on 👍

Got my anniversary edition yesterday, i'm away wi' the mrs the now for a couple of days..won't get on it till sunday night..god damn!..it will be worth wait!

At last I have all 4 cars :D

I have done:
Oil change
Improve body regidity
Nothing else atm.

I assume as I start racing with tyre wear on these cars will run in but atm I have:
Audi R8: 597pp
BMW Z4: 600pp
SLS: 618pp
GT-R: 617pp
Cars will be spec'd to a pp rating as downforce has no effect on the pp of a car :confused:
I have not tested these yet so don't know how they will run together.

I am about to open a friends only session to start testing these cars. Anyone who has any of the cars is more than welcome to join to help check each cars pace against the rest 👍
From now any time I'm online and on GT6 I will probably open a friends only session so feel free to join. If I don't show as in a session just message me and see what I'm doing :D

So that's interesting, all cars seem to produce a similar lap times around Spa. I haven't yet started tuning the setup of any of the cars so are as default and on racing soft tyres I have done the following laps:
BMW: 2.22.225
SLS: 2.22.920
R8: 2.23.233
GT-R: 2.24.194
I felt that the difference in lap time from fastest to slowest was my ability to drive the car on it's defult setup and that with a good setup for each car they could be on pace with eachother.
Obviously further testing needs to be done (this is just my 1st impression on 1 track) but I think we are safe to call the above specs (in my previous post) our 1st provisional spec sheet, please let me know how you all get on :D 👍

My test results at Silverstone:
Normal tire wear.
Racing soft.
Completely stock(except for buying the upgraded trannsmition, and suspension for the GTR)

SLS: 1:59.643. 618pp

Z4: 2:01.4. 600pp

GTR: 2:03.626. 617pp

R8: 2:02.985 597pp

Last edited:
Do you think the difference in lap time is down to your ability do drive the cars on the defult setups as mine was at Spa?

Do you think the difference in lap time is down to your ability do drive the cars on the defult setups as mine was at Spa?
I could get everything a little faster. But in my opinion, the SLS is just to stable and faster than the GTR and R8. The Z4 is pretty close to the SLS. I really don't know how good the R8 and GTR could be with a good tune. Overall, I think we should get a few more opinions from people that have a tune on all the cars before you make the final specs.

The reward car for getting all gold in the Super License is the Audi R8 LSM Ultra (Audi Sport Team Pheonix) car, saves people buying it :)

OK so I have been back to Spa this morning and have lapped in the 2.22's with all 4 cars on racing soft's with default setup 👍

Finally i had a little bit of time for practcing on 2 tracks (it took 4 hours) with only one car, i tried to find a fast and totally driveable setup.

The car was the BMW Z4 GT3 '11 (the Crowne Plaza sponsored car.)

- Racing Soft tyres , no tyre wear, it was not a race simulation, only continous hotlaps
- 597pp
- 524 bhp (100%, no tuning)
- 1190 kg
- Oil changed + Body rigidity improved
- No driving aids, except abs @1

+ Proper setup (i think its good enough)

These times came out :

Silverstone : 1:55:241 (at one point i was driving a very little bit wide but thats about only 1 tenth advantage)
Spa Francorchamps : 2:14:993

I saved the replays, i can send anyone who interested, just add me as a friend at psn and pm me...
It seens like the default setup for this car is kinda fcked up, slow and hard to handle.

I tried to find the friends only session but it didnt show up, maybe tomorrow i can join, i'd like to improve these times, i think there are a few tenth was left on the track, and i dont know anything about the tyre wear with this setup, maybe its fast but what if my front tyres lasts only 3-4 laps? :rolleyes:

Well for a start the soft tyre will only be used in quali, not in the race, so there isn't much point doing long runs on them. Have a go on med + hard :) Lap times were about 1-1.5 seconds faster on GT5 with tyre wear turned off, so really we are looking at a 2:16 - 2:17 at Spa... Where are you loosing 5 seconds Mike???

I would guess my 5 seconds is in the default setup I was using and I had tyre wear on, didn't even try to tune the cars to start with to find out if my suspicion was right that as standard they were all close to each other (and they were :D) once set up I'm sure I can get at least an extra few seconds :D

Let me know what you guys are doing at the ring, did a 6´35 on Nordschleife with the Z4 GT3 during a test session with Mikey. I think with a good setup you could get 3 to 5 secs off that time.

I didn't get any times in at the ring :(

It would be good if all drivers could post their times in all cars and a direct comparison with other cars would be very useful and much appreciated 👍

Let me know what you guys are doing at the ring, did a 6´35 on Nordschleife with the Z4 GT3 during a test session with Mikey. I think with a good setup you could get 3 to 5 secs off that time.

I'll test on that track tomorrow with the Z4 and the GT-R, only these two cars i have yet...

My afternoon/evening of testing has gone well :D

Been to Suzuka and Monza
Also have tuned all the cars

Suzuka:
GT-R: 1.58.836
Z4: 1.58.967
SLS: 1.59.033
R8: 1.59.078

Monza
Z4: 1.44.652
SLS: 1.45.365
GT-R: 1.45.372
R8: 1.45.776

So all cars seem good on 1 lap pace, am going to an all out handling track tomorrow, Monaco, to see what's what there and then will go testing race pace with all the cars :D but so far so good :D

My Monaco test results

GT-R: 1.31.519
Z4: 1.31.562
SLS: 1.31.628
R8: 1.31.665

So in conclusion I would say that the cars are very well balanced as long as you are getting the same out of your setup for each car :D

I will now start looking at testing each car over a stint to see how each car uses its fuel and tyres. If anyone is online then other cars to race would make this a lot more interesting 👍

Back