WGTC, season 1, please use new thread, link in post 1.Finished 

My GT6 name is T.otalsience just so it's recognisable.

Am I right in saying that AM drivers have to be in a team with a PRO driver, and that they can't be independent and choose their own car?

My GT6 name is T.otalsience just so it's recognisable.

Am I right in saying that AM drivers have to be in a team with a PRO driver, and that they can't be independent and choose their own car?

Yes AM drivers do have to have a team mate and should decide as a team 👍

CARS ARE BEING RETESTED!

After more thought on fuel / tyre usage of all the cars we are testing the cars using a weight limit.
This in theory will make all the cars weigh the same and so use their tyres and fuel in more similar ways to eachother.
So far in our testing we have found a couple of added bonuses:
R8 with ballast as we know handles better.
GT-R also handles a little better with some ballast to balance it up a little better.
:D
R8 takes 135kg of ballast (this is where we think it handles best) making it 1385kgs, so this is the weight we are testing all cars at.
Once we have tested properly and have some proper provisional specs to share I will update you all 👍
A lot of mucking about I know but we want to be sure we get this right as it will make or break the races :D

Last edited:
Are the racing soft tyres set in stone? Because I'm really not feeling them. With the last event using cars of a similar weight and power but hardly any downforce I was kind of hoping we could get away with using a harder tyre now we have loads of aero.

If everyone is happy 'as is' then cool. But I think you'll have to carry on without me.

Not yet in stone and wanted to use the medium and force the hard in race but with the tyres in GT6 it will mean that everyone will 1 stop without doubt as every car can do a race distance on 1 tank of fuel and the medium tyre will last as long as 1 tank of fuel and the hard lasts even longer so just seems pointless to use them :(

I did think just turn the wear rate up but as this also does the fuel then the tyres will still have loads of life when the car runs out of fuel :(

New provisinal car specs:

After 2 long days of testing this is what we have:

All cars now weigh 1385kgs

R8:
135kgs ballast
Stage 3 engine
87% power limiter
595BHP
1385kgs
596pp

Z4:
195kgs ballast
Stage 3 engine
96% power limiter
568BHP
1385kgs
596pp

SLS:
35kgs ballast
587BHP
1385kgs
614pp

GT-R:
35kgs ballast
621BHP
1385kgs
614pp

These are still provisional and cars are still being tested so there may still be small changes made.

If any driver that has already given me their list of preferances now wants to change their list then just PM me your new list
For those of you that have not yet given me your list plase try to do so before new year so I have a chance to try to sort the cars according to preferance to hopefuly give everyone the car they are happy with :indiff:

I am going to be testing options on how to go back to the medium and hard tyres for the races but if I cannot find a way to avoid binning the hard tyre before they are ready to go the sorry guys but soft and medium it will be :nervous:

New provisinal car specs:

After 2 long days of testing this is what we have:

All cars now weigh 1385kgs

R8:
135kgs ballast
Stage 3 engine
87% power limiter
595BHP
1385kgs
596pp

Z4:
195kgs ballast
Stage 3 engine
96% power limiter
568BHP
1385kgs
596pp

SLS:
35kgs ballast
587BHP
1385kgs
614pp

GT-R:
35kgs ballast
621BHP
1385kgs
614pp

These are still provisional and cars are still being tested so there may still be small changes made.

If any driver that has already given me their list of preferances now wants to change their list then just PM me your new list
For those of you that have not yet given me your list plase try to do so before new year so I have a chance to try to sort the cars according to preferance to hopefuly give everyone the car they are happy with :indiff:

I am going to be testing options on how to go back to the medium and hard tyres for the races but if I cannot find a way to avoid binning the hard tyre before they are ready to go the sorry guys but soft and medium it will be :nervous:
Since the Z4 has 195 out of the 200kg possible, does that mean that there won't be a ballast system?

I think you'd be surprised how much grip the sports soft tyres give on these cars. And the ratio of corner speed to straight line speed certainly feels a lot more natural. Plus they would give the high wear rate you are looking for? Just not sure where you would go from there with having a second tyre compound.

I have used my SLS anniversary ed GT3 in career on the sports soft and yea it felt OK but wouldn't really want to go to sport tyres and the 2nd compound being the sport medium would be tricky.

The only option I can see (will test how it works in a bit) is to run the race on Medium and Hard with fast tyre wear but I assume the fuel usage will increase aswell meaning tyres will still have plenty of life in them when we pit :(

Ok, so having tested fast fuel/tyre wear i can confirm we will be using the soft and medium tyres. This is because even on fast tyre wear the hard tyre still has more than half its useable life left when the cars run out of fuel :(

Sorry to those who do not like this but i cant see any other way to run this :( really the cars should have a fuel tank that is at least twice the size as they do in the real world.​

Fair enough. I wish you well with the series but in a Dragons Den stylee; I'm out. I did say from the beginning I was only a maybe so hopefully it'll not mess anything up with the Pro/Am driver pairings.

Sorry to see you go mate, if anything it will make life easier where driver parings and car allocations are concerend with 8 pro drivers left.
Shame the cars don't have the right size fuel tanks, then we wouldn't have this issue.
Good luck to you in your future series 👍

You can view psn names on the member list of a lobby. But my driver is T.Poole

Just noticed my mistake

Driver name
Troels K hansen so T. K Hansen

And now for something completely different

I got my ps4 now. But GT6 is only out on ps3 and i am trying REALLY hard to earn credits there
Hope to be training in gt3 cars this upcoming weekend

Gt6 was always planned for ps3 :lol:

Shame you didnt know earlier but there was a 20million credit glitch pd just patched with update 1.02 :(

Hope to see you online soon

Fair enough. I wish you well with the series but in a Dragons Den stylee; I'm out. I did say from the beginning I was only a maybe so hopefully it'll not mess anything up with the Pro/Am driver pairings.

Shame, that you won´t attend. One rival less :grumpy:

OP UPDATE

INTRODUCTION

Room open: 17:30pm latest
Please arrive before 18:00 in case network issues
18:20 qualifying spec checks
(18:10 @ Nurb)
Qualifying 18:30 - 18:45
(18:15 - 18:45 @ Nurb)
18:45 – 19:00 Pre-race break
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO SETTINGS DURING THIS TIME
AS NO FURTHER SPEC CHECKS WILL BE DONE
19:00 race start
lobby settings

Events will be hosted in a friends only session

Qualifying tyres: Racing Soft
Race Tyres: Racing Soft - Racing Medium
(both compounds must be used)
Driving Aids: Prohibited except ABS on 1.
Tyre/Fuel Consumption - Normal
Damage - Heavy
Slipstream - REAL
Penalties - Off
Boost - Off
Grip - Real
Race Finish Delay - 180 seconds

SPEC CHECKS
Before Qualifying can begin all cars will need to pass a spec check to ensure that all cars are running at the regulation specification.
This will be done by setting the car regulations within the lounge settings for each car.
Weight limit in the lounge will be 1380kgs
Then the individual car's pp's will be used to test each car.
ONCE THIS IS COMPLETE ALL CARS WILL BE IN PARC FERME
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO SETTINGS AFTER THIS TIME!
THIS INCLUDES THE TIME BETWEEN QUALIFYING AND RACE!
IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE TYRES YOU CAN DO IN THE DRIVING OPTIONS MENU.

QUALIFYING

Qualifying will take place before the race on the day.
This will be done using the practice or "free run" part of the lounge.
After spec checks are complete and all cars are on track the message:
"Qualifying is green"
will be typed into the chat box by the race director.
You will have 15 minutes to qualify.
In this time your best time will count.
IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR TIME AND WISH TO STOP DRIVING PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON TRACK
DO PLEASE DRIVE TO THE PIT LANE AND PRESS START.
Once the 15 minute session is complete the message:
"Qualifying is over"
will be typed into the chat box by the race director.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FINISH THE LAP YOU HAVE STARTED!
The race director will drop off track and use the live timing feature of the watch race feature to take all your lap time's.
PLEASE STAY ON TRACK WHILE THIS IS DONE TO MAKE SURE WE CAN SEE YOUR TIME!

TYRES
We will be using the racing soft and medium to race with.
You will be required to use both compounds.
I am not going to dictate a minimum stint length but you must use the medium tyre for a sensible time and tyre life.
Failure to comply, will result in being disqualified from the race results!

CALENDAR

Is in the process of being updated, once done it will have:
Provisional dates (inc pre-season)
Calendar may be postponed by 2 weeks if not everyone is ready!
Track map
Track image

CARS

I am going to put in the new provisional car specs as they are now.

CURRENT INFORMATION

As a new update has changed the name displayed in the online lounge we will no longer need to know every drivers driver name they used for their career mode.
As there is now only 8 PRO drivers (not 9 going for 8 cars) I will also be putting in the car choices I know so far, other drivers will need to get their car choice in before pre season testing begins.

NEXT EVENT INFORMATION

I will put in as much as I can confirm about how and when pre-season will be done.

EDIT: ^^^^ ALL DONE :D

Last edited:
I have been looking for a series and seeing that one person dropped in this one, I thought I would throw my name into the mix
GTP TAG: vetteman24
PSN TAG WaReAgLe1997
TEAM NAME: N/A
CAR CHOICE: BMW Z4 GT3

AndI will send PSN friend requests ASAP

Welcome very happy to have you on board :D need to figure weather you are a PRO or an AM driver, do you still have GT5? As we all done a time trial on there and it would be useful if you could do the same :D

EDIT: After a little thought i think i would like you to team up with one of the existing teams for now. Once we know if you should be a pro or am then we can work it out from there. If you are pro then your team will be split to make 2 independents. If you are am then all has worked out well :D

Last edited:
Having just found some big holes in the idea of spec checking using each cars pp, we are having to test other ways to spec check each car.Unfortunatly this means changing the car spec's again Once we have decided on new spec's you wil be informed

EDIT: the issue wont make enough difference so you can ignore my above post

Last edited:
I would prefer to be an Am but will do the GT5 time trial to see if I a good enough to be a pro just tell me when I need to do it

I'm away right now and using the mobile website but will be able to get online soon. Will the test be on gt5 or gt6?

Back