WGTC, season 1, please use new thread, link in post 1.Finished 

Nordschleife with the Z4 : 6.32.612 but the car is too nervous, no fun to drive, it seems like i cant find the real good setup for bumpy tracks like this....

... and im always falling out of the caroussels i dont know why :lol:

These GT3 cars don't feel right to me. Not that I would know what a GT3 car should feel like, but you know what I mean. Maybe it's the default setups but I have tried my own too and am still struggling. My Ford GT felt way more planted and stable and that had harder tyres are virtually no downforce. And all the road cars I have been using with sports tyres also feel fine. Weird?!?

And do we think the body rigidity improvement makes a difference because I haven't done that? Also have almost 400miles on the Z4 and it says the body rigidity has started to deteriorate! Wants 175,000 Cr. to fix it!!! Should I?

Last edited:
@HMilan21, have you tried any other cars?

@ROB 256R, I get what you mean they do seem to give a very similar lap time to what we were doing last season.
I have done the improvement, not sure if it helped but I would assume so and the restoration should also in theory do something, also the oil change ads power to a new car still 👍

I been testing again today, after Monaco I went to Brands Hatch for some long runs.
Conclusion based on 1st set of long runs on the medium tyre.
All cars driven by me and xxGIGGTY-GOOxx so results are based on our setup's.

All cars will be able to complete a race distance using under 2 tanks of fuel :D

Z4 is instantly fast, easy to keep consistent and looks after its tyres well enough to run our of fuel before tyres.

SLS is also instantly fast and easy to keep consistent but uses its front tyres quicker.

GT-R is quick but has a lot of understeer to get rid of and so uses its front tyres quickly.

R8 seems to be deadly and a tough beast to tame, if you can reason with it and stop it from trying to kill you then it can provide the lap time but is difficult to keep consistent but looks after its tyres very well and will run out of fuel before grip from the medium tyre.

More data and thoughts from you guys would be very useful to know if everyone is geting similar results and help show up any issues 👍

EDIT: I know not everyone has the cars and it takes ages to earn enough credits to get set up but remember there is still pleanty of time 👍

Last edited:
I'd agree the R8 is very unpredictable. Going 2 mins in that thing without having a moment is tough, never mind 2 hrs! Mine steers itself under braking and randomly snaps on me all the time, even when I'm being super careful and just maintaining part throttle. The Z4 was better but I think I've buggered it up with dodgy settings and because I used all 3 pages I have no idea what the original settings should be and there doesn't seem to be a 'return to default settings' option as far as I can tell which is pretty damn silly. Only used the loan SLS in whatever Mission race/license test/Goodwood you get it for so not got a proper idea of that yet but initial impressions were understeery (although SRF might have been on - forced!). Not used GT-R at all but 4WD is not for me.

I've not even got into the lap time setting stage yet. Still fiddling with the setups.

I kind of have a setup for the R8 that sort of works and can get a time with but still isn't good enough to run for a race distance without it trying to kill me some how :lol: if you see me or GIGGTY online you are welcome to try it out, its very strange to look at on the settings sheet but seems to work (ish) 👍 also I have also noticed the missing reset to default option :banghead:

Also yea the GT-R GT3's are FR :lol:

Can try it yeah. Thanks. Will jump in next time you have a room open. Will try and buy the other 2 cars before then aswell.

FR you say! I just figured it would be like the other GT-R N24/Shultze endurance cars. Worth a look then and definitely can't be worse than the R8! Hands down the worst handling car I have driven in the game so far and I reckon tried 100+.

I kind of have a setup for the R8 that sort of works and can get a time with but still isn't good enough to run for a race distance without it trying to kill me some how :lol: if you see me or GIGGTY online you are welcome to try it out, its very strange to look at on the settings sheet but seems to work (ish) 👍 also I have also noticed the missing reset to default option :banghead:

Also yea the GT-R GT3's are FR :lol:
I tweaked your set-up a bit:mischievous::P

@ROB 256R, as always you are welcome anytime :D
I am comming to the conclusion that something has gone wrong in the codeing of the game as far as the R8 goes as I'm sure the real thing can't be that bad, it won this years championship and don't remember there being any dead Audi drivers on the news :lol:

@Ittybitty Stigy, tweaked in a good way I hope :sly:

I have been on here today doing some updates to the OP.

Lobby information updated.
Points system update to allow for 9 drivers in the PRO category.

Cars:
Information has been added to show what the correct version of each car that should be used, unfortunately I am unable to find images of the correct versions but as soon as I find one I will update this 👍

Underneath the sign up list is a teams list with the logos some of you have supplied :D
AM drivers that are not in a team yet will need to sign up to a team that has space 👍

Voting Station:
I am about to open a conversation and invite all drivers to join called the voting station.
This is to vote on certain things for the series and avoid people who are not racing with us voting on a vote within the thread and getting data we do not need.
1st vote will be for the tracks not yet decided or confirmed.
Feel free to vote as soon as you like or wait and test the tracks properly before voting as we have loads of time to figure this out before the season starts 👍

PRO Drivers (team managers) only:
Once you have tested all the cars and know your preferences please PM me with your choices.
You will need to number the 4 cars 1-4 in order of preference, 1 being your preferred car and 4 being your least preferred car.
Once all 9 PRO drivers (team managers) have given their cars in order of preference we will then allocate the cars evenly between all the teams.
If too many people put the same car at the top of the list then they will be allocated in order of sign up so others will be given their 2nd choice or 3rd choice etc.

AM Drivers
Please PM me your car preferances also to help us see who will pair up with who hopefuly making the allocation process easier 👍

ALL DRIVERS
Please can all drivers provide their driver name, this is the name you set for yourself on GT6 👍

Last edited:
Looks like i will have to buy gt6 for ps3 too...

I am way way way behind all off you.
Just hope i can get up to par before season starts :embarrassed:)

@ P1K3Y_M1k3Y

Not yet, i have the z4 with all the tyres + the gtr with tyres but without the adjustable things, i think i'll have to buy that 1million credit at gtstore, and then i can buy the mercedes too... Money comes too slow in this game :(

get the goodwoods done and sell all the cars won! i've sold almost every car i've won as long as they are able to be bought at a dealer at a later date..

Driver name Tk_Hansen

Not PSN name is the name you give your driver on GT6 as the online lobbies show this and not your PSN tag as they did in GT5

@HMilan21, that's fine still loads of time before we start, I'm just trying to rush ahead to keep everyone up to date and get the cars balanced and wanted to get the ball rolling for everyone to give votes and car choices once they are ready to :D

Is also the name above your car and is just so everyone knows who's who once in a lobby together 👍

As the R8 is a bit of a pig to tune and be consistent in we are testing the team sport pheonix with some ballast to help balance its weight to see if we can be more consistent with it.

Can all drivers either buy both or neither for now (depending on your game credits) until I can confirm witch version of the car we will be using 👍

Sorry for so much messing around but I want to be sure the cars are good before we get started 👍

OK, so after a little testing I know that running the R8 with ballast helps with it trying to kill any driver that dares to try and drive it.

Audi sport team pheonix spec:
Standard car + oil change = 607pp + 90kg ballast in the front = 600pp
Plain LMS spec:
Standard car + oil change = 597pp

Both cars provide the same lap time but the car with the ballast is more driveable and easier to be more consistent with.
These are my findings, if others that have both cars or can get both cars could test this and give me their data that would be both useful and appreciated 👍

Also after all my testing I have decided we will be racing on the soft and medium tyre's. This is because the medium tyre lasts as long or longer than the fuel range of any car and the hard tyre lasts even longer.
Meaning if we were to race using the medium and hard everyone would garantee 1 stop. If we use the soft and medium then 1 stop would be brave and 2 stop would be the normal 👍

Back