What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,317 comments
Finally London broil went on sale again.

Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet and Spicy.
Green onion.

I could live on this.

D719AD81-D62D-4144-B19F-D440E28F34B8.jpeg

Screw tradition.

Easter lunch was a "Hot Dog XL".

XF70D2w.jpg

rWD6AzT.jpg

GKriiF9.jpg

Homemade dough, sausage, cheese, fried onions and pickles. Ketchup and mustard were already inside as well when it went to the oven, so it was nice and moist.

Dessert was gelatine and cream over a cookie and butter crust. And a lemon cake.

VL4E22s.jpg

bYa5SZj.jpg

Last edited:
For dinner, cooked chicken thigh in a skillet with garlic, oregano, onions and a little chicken broth. Used reduced liquid in pan to cook garlic green beans in, but allowing liquid to completely reduce down to allow for green beans to be finished pan-fried. Served with some pasta lightly tossed in olive oil.

IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG

Fresh Pasta with home made pesto, pine nuts, garlic, cherry tomatoes & Parmesan. Topped with a few basil leaves. This was my work from home lunch today.

View attachment 915318
Early lunch huh? My kinda guy.

(Well, actually, time zone difference probably.)

Pasta though... My guy!

TB
Trying to keep the low carb thing going but holy crap is that difficult with these around.

View attachment 916283
If only they were covered in real chocolate. Would be hard to pass up all the same though.

We have Chinese takeout. I got General Tso's and the wife got orange chicken. We honestly struggled to tell which was which.

You guys probably know I love Spam. I ran out of Spam right before all this crap happened. I order it from Amazon; 24 packs of singles. Amazon has been out since all this crap happened.
All of these pictures are mine.
lqz6g65.jpg

The last time I ordered was in October of 2017. I don't eat it very often, but the Best By date is always like three to four years after you buy it. I keep it as a staple. If there is nothing else in the house to eat, there is always Spam.

I can always whip up a great Spam and cheese omelette.

IGUnaVE.jpg

Or an awesome Spam, egg and cheese sandwich.

pqyT1LM.jpg

So Amazon has been out since this thing happened, except for price gougers charging $12 for a 4 pack.

Well guess what I found.

On Amazon, I searched for Spam, my Spam 24 pack was not there.

I went into my orders, found my last Spam purchase, and just for *****, and giggles, I clicked 'Buy Again'

Guess what, they have a shipment coming in this month and I bought some!

frCmuzt.jpg

For you Spam loving guys in the US, you won't find it by searching, but here is the link.

They are selling it for less than 85¢ a single!

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FIZW00/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spam Single Pro Tip: When you open a Spam single, rinse it with hot water to wash off the gelatinous broth. It will brown much better, and won't get a tough skin.

Last edited:
Considering that SPAM is essentially luncheon meat with fancy brand name, I really don’t see the urgency in buying multiple stocks of it.
That said, I do enjoy SPAM, or it’s alternative, when going for a hotpot, but there’s no way I’d pay SPAM prices for what it is; essentially compressed offal.

I find the low sodium
SPAM to be much more tolerable. Regular SPAM is normally much too salty. It's definitely not a staple in my cabinet, but I do enjoy SPAM, eggs and rice occasionally.

Back