What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,282 comments
Having a snack:

eVfFLki.jpg

Q1qU1UJ.jpg

Apple cake and a coffee-cream drink. Oh yeah.

It takes all my willpower not to eat the entire container in one sitting.
View attachment 917360
I used to have a Chobani cup 3 or 4 times a week. I don't know why, but Greek Yogurt just stopped appealing to me at some point. Much prefer the more traditional now so I just get Great value brand.

I used to have a Chobani cup 3 or 4 times a week. I don't know why, but Greek Yogurt just stopped appealing to me at some point. Much prefer the more traditional now so I just get Great value brand.
This hardly tastes like Greek Yogurt (Which honestly tastes like thick, very bitter/sour, liquid cheese), but it retains it’s texture. It’s actually really sweet, which is why I love it.

Which honestly tastes like thick, very bitter/sour, liquid cheese
That is very good way of describing it. It wasn't like that to me when I first started eating it, but then it grew into what you described. I'm not sure why though. Taste buds changes I guess... lol.

93RO1Nk.jpg

5ThqQhf.jpg

uvWq2qW.jpg

ov6Iuhb.jpg

LCIL83m.jpg

Homemade Francesinha, with fries and a beer (of course).

Edit: added more photos.

those look so good. I’ve just had my evening meal and I’m salivating at those.

There are only two flavors of Chobani I need, well one really. It would be the mixed berry and cookies n cream. The other flavors are a miss. I found the Open Nature brand flavors to be better overall.

Picked up some MSU grade rib eyes for our first home cooked meal.
20200505_184400.jpg
After cooking to a perfect medium...
20200505_191343.jpg
And plated...
20200505_192000.jpg
It was amazingly good. We haven't had a properly grilled steak since December. This definitely was needed.
Damn do we need some new plates though.

And to worsh it all down... I feel a bit spoiled.
20200505_194330.jpg

Last edited:
It's Taco Tuesday on Cinco de Mayo. I'm pretty sure it violates the Geneva Convention if I wouldn't have had a taco salad today.

Hah...great minds. Did tacos with a couple of options for filling (rajas con crema and nopalitos con chorizo) that also worked well combined. Cheap blue corn tortilla chips were tolerable accompanied by homemade pico de gallo. Also made Espolòn Blanco blue margaritas.

Dessert was a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream with a drizzle of bacon caramel sauce.

Now I'm sipping a different rooibos tea (ginger-peach this time) because I wanted something more robust but still without the caffeine.

I sorely blame this thread for making me buy a tin of Spam last week for the first time in around twenty years. Forgot how good it is and definitely will be getting it regularly from now on.

I sorely blame this thread for making me buy a tin of Spam last week for the first time in around twenty years. Forgot how good it is and definitely will be getting it regularly from now on.

I think spam gets a hard time because it’s heavily proceed and actually not that cheap (depending on where you buy it) but it certainly is tasty. Almost as good as corned beef.

I think spam gets a hard time because it’s heavily proceed and actually not that cheap (depending on where you buy it) but it certainly is tasty. Almost as good as corned beef.
It's not as processed as I suspect many assume. It's pork shoulder and ham ground with salt, sugar, potato starch as a binding agent and sodium nitrite which slows bacterial growth and helps to maintain the pink color. And it's cooked in the can.

It's high in fat and sodium, though there's a version that reduces these and adds chicken, but the only major concern is the sodium nitrite which you're getting in virtually all commercial cured meat products (including corned beef).

In case anyone was wondering about these Spam singles, they last quite a while. I'll eat one soon.

Uq13Cte.jpg

Remember to rinse off the gelatinous broth before frying. I tear off the top and just let hot water run into the envelope for 30 seconds or so.

Last edited:
I've never had SPAM in my life, but you guys make me want to try it so bad. :dopey:

An article popped up on my phone that said I was cooking chicken breast incorrectly. Reading said article and realizing I hadn't used the Dutch oven (quiet) yet, now was the time.

20200512_203934.jpg

Flavor-wise, not bad but not awesome but I can fix that. Texture and juiciness is somewhere between pan cooked and pressure cooked, which makes sense. And as it was pretty hands off, I'm a fan.

Back