What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,319 comments
I just discovered this. It's really tasty.

download (2).jpeg

View attachment 953818

My latest attempt at cooking pork belly was considerably better than my previous two attempts!!

Slow-cooked pork belly strips for 6 hours before drying them off and putting them under the grill for 5-10 mins.

Made a honey and ginger glaze while that was under the grill, and it was very tasty... the pork was lovely and soft, and the fat on top was delicious.

That said, I did nearly get blinded by burning hot fat - I was crouching to look into the grill to see how they were coming on, and about 2 seconds after I lifted my head one of the strips spat out a tonne of fat which would have gone straight into my face... I will definitely treat them with a bit more caution next time!!

That looks delicious.

That looks delicious.
It was nice, thanks. Given how utterly disgusting my first attempt was, and how many failed slow cooker recipes I've tried, it was a pleasant change to have something very edible. I actually went out this afternoon to buy something else for dinner just incase it was terrible... ye of little faith.

EB0D49C9-D70F-488A-8EE2-02C3F1C72670.jpeg

Loowit Brewing, Vancouver, Wa
Shadow Shinobi IPA 7.2%
A typical west coast IPA.

Color: golden straw in color with a very light head of tiny bubbles that quickly disappear leaving zero lacing on the glass.

Smell: sheer disappointment here. Absent are the hop notes. Maybe candied pear with a rubbing alcohol scent.

Taste: it gets a little better here, but not by much. It’s crisp, a touch dry with slight bitterness. The taste lingers until you take another sip. Again, absent are any hop flavors from beginning to end.

Overall: 2.8 on a scale of 5.
I’d skip this one if ya see it. It’s just a mediocre west coast IPA. Sooooo many better beers available.

Had a pressure cooker pork chop tonight, browned in a pan after pressure cooked. It sat in soy sauce before being cooked. I did not care for the taste.

Made a super simple pasta with langoustine tail in a white wine sauce. Pan cooked the langoustine tail in butter, olive oil, shallots, garlic, parsley and serrano peppers (because I had some in the fridge I need to use up and because I like a tiny bit of kick). Added 1/3 bottle of white wine and let reduce, then add almost done pasta and a little bit of starch water to the sauce and finish the pasta in pan. Top with parsley and Parmigiano Reggiano.

85D380BF-07B0-4869-AE53-BAFC87C5DE22.jpeg

Not much actually. Actually not enough to stay healthy.

I had some raisins, a few dates a mandarin orange, a little bit of vegetable soup and jam on bread x3.

Apple pie, bonus points if you can guess the brand name!

20200903_095021.jpg

ahhh, that was my next guess!
I've always liked the Tastykake ones, and they have these at the work vending market so I thought I'd try it. Really good. Haven't found too many Mrs. Freshley's products I don't like to be honest :lol:

Deviled egg salad sandwich topped with green leaf lettuce, tomato and bacon, and it's Derby Day so a Mint Julep.

Back