What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,308 comments
I'll concede since my opinion of them it pretty tainted due to the one by me being atrociously ran.

That's okay. I don't frequent fast food places anyway.

Before the virus, Culvers became my go to. Before that it was Portillos since it was close to work. Also do the occasional chick-fil-a for the spicy chicken sandwich.

My oldest just got his license yesterday so he picked Applebees to celebrate. We shared an order of onion rings and I had a burger and fries.

Now I'm drinking this:

20200919_201427.jpg

It's not bad but I don't think I'd get another one.

20200920_152614.jpg

:crazy:

Yes, I find it quite spicy. Definitely not a scooping queso, more of a dunking queso. But more importantly, I'm not a fan of the flavor. Hope my wife likes it more or it might get tossed.

Some people can't handle spicy food, that's all. Good for you guys that can.

Not saying you will necessarily be able to just be eating ghost peppers someday, but regularly eating spicy foods and make it progressively spicier over time can help you improve your spice tolerance.

Not sure what we are having for dinner tonight. Wife is cook ATM, I'll report back on that later.
The spice thing though, I definitely agree that you have to work up to higher heats. Or just go full in. Thats how I did it. I would go to a lot of thai restaurants and get the hottest they had, get things like daves insanity hot sauce to mix with meals to bring up the heat, stuff like that. There were definitely some very, very painful nights and mornings. Never bothered my stomach. Just put a flame to the exit. Like mace to the face, but not the face. Now I can eat raw habenero.

Spicy Mandalorian Stew 2.0

20200920_181457.jpg

Better without the apples but still needs a touch more refining. It's getting there, though.

A tasty salad with poppyseed dressing, bacon, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, craisins and walnuts. And some tots...

I’m saying this as a man who ate a vindaloo for dinner last night. So make of it what you will. Your weak arse guts are the problem. Not the food.
Vindaloo is possibly my favourite food. Doesn't normally hurt on the way in but makes a mess later.
I'm told that chewing well is supposed to reduce the exit trouble a bit.

I haven't eaten any nuts in a long time. More than one month at least.
I got a big bag of smokehouse almonds from Costco that I've been munching on while gaming and working. Those are gone so ill need to be picking up some more. I wish they would stock the Wasabi soy flavor.

Guys, when was the last time you had a BK Whopper? Probably not in a minute right? After having been bombarded with those tv commercials as of late, I decided to risk it all. Always found the BK Lounge to be a bit on the poor side of cleanliness for even fast food, but couldn't fight the flame broiled deliciousness they had to offer. And it did not disappoint. It was glorious. To be honest, it tops the Golden Arches masterpiece, the Big Mac; which is a difficult feat. But! But it fails in the meal department. The burger was solid, but the fries were trash, and the Coke wasn't remotely the same. But pretty enjoyable after the tuna noodle mess I made yesterday (how does one mess up tuna noodle I don't know, but I did).

4/5... and only because of the fries and drink were a let down.

I have a Freddy's, 5 Guys, and a Culvers all within a quarter mile of my apartment, as well as some solid bar offerings in my town; all offering a great burger, but just like the Big Mac, the Whopper in my opinion, easily sits on the front row of the Great Burger 500.

Just gotta find a location that doesn't make me feel as if they only passed their health inspection by slipping the inspector a small wade of cash.

I've been trying to use up some of the random stuff in my cabinets/fridge so I combined brown rice, andouille sausage, black beans and corn along with some Cajun seasoning. Certainly not as good as proper Cajun food but still pretty decent for an "ingredients I already have" meal.

A neighbor brought over a few smoked, bacon-wrapped armadillo eggs. Jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and pepper Jack, surrounded with sausage and then wrapped in bacon before being smoked. Having them with extra garlicky homemade ranch dressing and a Kentucky Buck made with Four Roses and Reed's Extra.

Between the peppers, garlic and ginger, my mouth is experiencing some pretty wild spice sensations.

That is the spiciest take on a scotch egg I've heard of. Sounds delicious though.

I made myself some Philly "sliders" this afternoon for lunch/dinner. Had left over steak from dinner last night. Sliced it thin and sliced it a little more. Pan fried that in butter with some added garlic. Then caramelized onions in the same pan. Tossed the meat back in with some Swiss cheese (i detest cheese whiz and will never have that on a philly) then tossed in all on a couple of small, freshly baked sourdough buns. It was quite good and didn't survive long enough for pictures.

Last edited:
Back