What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,308 comments
Chicken tacos.

20201004_175824.jpg

20201004_180934.jpg

A little strong on the oregano but the jalepeno lime sauce totally made it.

Cinnamon roll from Hardee's. These are criminally underrated. Especial since they are available at 4:00 A.M. :lol:

Seriously though, they're great.

H_Site_705x501_CinnamonRoll.jpg

The chicken breast is sliced and absorbing the dry rub. In an hour or so I’ll throw it on the grill and and put it in wraps.

@TB I had something similar the other night, never thought to use rice to bulk it out... and jalapeno lime sauce sounds great!

I marinaded chicken pieces in a mix containing soy sauce, lemon (or lime) juice, garlic, chilli, and a bit of olive oil, and left it overnight.

I fried the chicken and put it in a tortilla wrap, with just some habanero sauce and sour cream... it was super-tasty, but next time I'll maybe add some grated mature cheddar too. I was planning to make it a proper meal with onions and fried peppers, but I fancy the rice idea so will try that next time.

never thought to use rice to bulk it out
I had the bright idea because 1) we had some leftover rice in the fridge and 2) places like Moe's and Qdoba use rice in their burritos so I figured why not.
jalapeno lime sauce sounds great!
6afa2a4d-bb83-4e50-b391-8e0e321bb1d0.29bb855d6f577fad6c35cab92e8da098.jpeg

I'm a sucker for tasty sounding taco sauce and salsa but since I usually skew towards hamburger based tacos, the jalapeno lime didn't sound like a good pairing so it's been sitting in the fridge for a bit. With the chicken it was great and, bonus, grilling dried the chicken out a bit so the sauce added some moisture back in.

I marinaded chicken pieces in a mix containing soy sauce, lemon (or lime) juice, garlic, chilli, and a bit of olive oil, and left it overnight.
I should have but no marinade on mine, just a dry rub because I tend to not plan ahead enough to let the marinade do its thing. :lol:

Onions and peppers are always a good addition, too.

Damn it. Now I want fajitas. :lol:

I benefit from working at home in only one way:

20201008_121433.JPG

Home-cooking three Bhut Jolokia thighs and blurry greens that I could have for a low price and without some nonsense like chips and batter. They were really nice, but now I regret to have finished them and be back to the e-mail forwarding that I'm mysteriously unable to get promoted away from

Having decided on beer for dinner my snack in the form of buttered wraps was quite nice. Something had to complement the Doritos.

I was starving and forgot to plan any dinner. Ended up eating an entire frozen pizza with pepperoni, garlic, and jalapenos.

Stovetop popcorn tossed with lime salt, fresh ground cumin and fresh ground coriander seed. Zesty.

Last edited:
One day in 19 90 something I saw this kinda big oval shaped can of sardines. It was cheap for its size, so I bought it. Imagine my dismay when I saw that that big assed can held like three or four giant fish torsos.
That is when I decided that the smaller the better, for sardines.

I just bought 12 cans of these on Amazon. $3.15 a can.

AuWZieL.jpg

These may be too small. I have many more cans left to help me make up my mind.

Pizza.

I forgot about my pizza being in the oven and the cheese is mostly brown with dark brown patches. I bet that it doesn't taste that good. :ouch:

Last edited:
Hospital visit, food with less than 2g of sodium.

C53B9018-0593-4C52-ADD4-43E3FA238CA7.jpeg

C6045131-CF4E-4428-826F-07FEC48DE239.jpeg

8D7A9331-B1DB-4794-8A2A-A90744544E3D.jpeg

Nothing to say really except I now really like banana pudding parfaits. I had more as I was there for three days like a dry burger, and a dry meatloaf sliver. Not recommended!

Last edited:
00015300014985_C1L1.png

Apparently Cheetos Mac N' Cheese is a thing. I actually like it more than the Kraft stuff, hopefully this lasts longer than products like this usually do.

They also have Cheesy Japaleno and Flamin Hot versions which I purchased one each of, hopefully they are also decent.

Well, I've now tried all 3. The Cheesy Jalapeno pretty much tasted like spiral noodles with nacho cheese sauce, which is fine as I like nacho cheese. The Flamin' Hot version on the other hand was so vile I only ate 1 forkful.

Woke up early to put a ~10lb pork shoulder on the smoker. Ended up being done earlier then expected (expected a stall, but didn't have one) , around 3pm. Going to make a sandwich or two tonight and freeze the rest.

Before shredding:

After shredding:

(Yes, those Bear Paw things work amazing)

Did biscuits and gravy from scratch this morning. Yesterday I even seasoned and herbed ground pork for the gravy instead of using prepared breakfast sausage; pork shoulder with a little loin, fresh thyme, savory, marjoram and sage with granulated onion and garlic, plus salt and red pepper flakes.

Got an order of Szechuan Orange Chicken from a local Chinese place. Plus egg rolls and crab rangoons.

Everything was amazing, and I have enough for another meal, if not more.

Back