What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,318 comments
Kefir with stuff in it.

Stuff = pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, raisins, coconut flower sugar.

I'm going to have some vegetables mixed with mayo, honey and raisins.

I forgot what I had this evening. :ouch:

Really.
I forgot that I wrote this post. :ouch:

Really.

Last edited:
I’ve eaten whatever came out of the smoker tonight. To narrow that down; a chicken thy, several cuts of fatty pork belly (the fat is so palatable when smoked), pork loin, pork something else, several deep fried grasshoppers (because Asia), a few chicken wings and a bag of jerky. The jerky didn’t come from the smoker, I bought that elsewhere.

Also a ****-ton of beer. Over the past 3 days (Thursday, Friday, today) I’ve put away around 24 pints and so far haven’t given the DTs a chance to ruin me. Not looking forward to tomorrow though, if I’m honest. If I have more beer I’m fine, if I stop drinking I might just end up dead.

3DFF7E30-702F-4800-935D-B6E624602EF6.jpeg

:D:tup:

I'm making delicious zucchini soup. I hope it is a delicious soup. It's been many months that I made zucchini soup.

I'm making delicious zucchini soup. I hope it is a delicious soup. It's been many months that I made zucchini soup.
Have you ever tried zucchini bread?

My grandmother used to make several loaves every year around the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas and sometimes for Easter.

Last edited:
Have you ever tried zucchini bread?

My grandmother used to make several loaves every year around the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas and sometimes for Easter.
No, never heard of it, until ................ now.

I have to look up the receipe.

What’s left over from an everything bagel plus blueberries and some tea that is going to be too strong.

F7EB58F6-B9D6-4AD1-B5CB-A62C9AE11A59.jpeg

I can’t go to sleep, so I’m deciding to have an early breakfast

Last edited:
Wisdom tooth pain has me on a soft diet so dinner tonight was a Penang curry with rice. Even that hurt to eat.

Wisdom tooth pain has me on a soft diet so dinner tonight was a Penang curry with rice. Even that hurt to eat.
Ice pack! But you probably already know that.

Ice pack reduces the swelling of the abscess. Swelling = pain. Unless you don't have an abscess.

Helped my wife with a batch of chicken tikka masala.

20201019_174513.jpg

Her typical "close enough" way of measuring of ingredients usually works out alright but the tomato paste is a bit stronger than I'd like. Still completely edible, though!

Edit: An extra splash of heavy cream made it a lot better.

Last edited:
Had some pretty tomates that were getting soft and I didn't want them to go to waste, so I made a *fresh* shakshuka for brunch. Fresno chiles provided a little heat, and onion and garlic rounded out the produce, while lots of smoked paprika and toasted whole cumin seed made it spiceful without making it more spicy. Cracked some of the hardest-shelled eggs I've ever cracked into it and toasted some pita bread for us to scoop it. I added some harissa to my own for more heat.

I bought some egg nog tonight at Costco. Clearly I'm a lightweight because that stuff is hitting hard!

TB
I bought some egg nog tonight at Costco. Clearly I'm a lightweight because that stuff is hitting hard!

Make your own! We made this recipe: Aged Egg Nog over the weekend. We tried a very small taste and it was wonderful. We substituted half bourbon and half rum, instead of equal parts bourbon, cognac, and rum. We are going to be a bit drunk come the holidays though.

Also, you need to try Braum's eggnog. Unfortunately, it is a regional thing and they only have stores within a day's driving distance of their farm in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
I committed the sin of Pizza Hut for my last meal. Slept on it. Now I have heart burn. Could be the beers but most likely the pizza.

The real deal...
View attachment 966811

Insanely spicy and hot, because Chinese. Awesome food though.
I have have tried those Lays and they do fairly imitate the taste of hot pot. They just miss the whole point of mega spicy spam and lotus root. ;)
Good thing there is a sign for finding the toilet!

Dinner tonight: An Italian beef/Italian sausage combo on garlic bread, covered in mozzarella cheese and hot giardiniera. Inside the box is an order of jalapeno poppers and a tub of ranch dip. For a drink, it was spiced rum with a little Pepsi added for color.

Made the remaining shakshuka tomato-chile sauce into a creamy soup by adding cream (go figure) and chicken stock, plus more chiles with the seeds because it was just my daughter and myself and she got the spicy food appreciation gene (because that's a thing, right?) from me. And because it was essentially tomato soup, I made white cheddar bacon grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon strips on the inside and bacon crumbles pressed into the outside...because why not? It was fanta--*thumps chest to restart heart*--stic.

Back