What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,273 comments
Chocolate Stout.

Picked it up from the side counter when waiting in the checkout line.

Absolutely disgusting. Don't recommend. At. All. I like dark chocolate on occasion, but this tastes like pure dark chocolate murdering your tongue.

Who wants the remaining three cans? :lol:

"Stout with chocolate extract and chocolate cacao"

8%

Made by State of Brewing

Brewed in Waunakee, Wisconsin.

20201225_190330.jpg

Chocolate Stout.

Absolutely disgusting. Don't recommend. At. All. I like dark chocolate on occasion, but this tastes like pure dark chocolate murdering your tongue.

8%

Made by State of Brewing

View attachment 980721

If it’s alcoholic I’ll drink it....

Chocolate Stout.

8%

Made by State of Brewing

View attachment 980721
Did I hear someone say "dark chocolate"?
Me, me, .... me. But you can keep the alcohol though. It doesn't go well with my meds.

Did Christmas dinner for one. Made steamed whole lobster with garlic lemon butter dip, and clam chowder with fresh made clam broth, diced potato, onion, celery and bacon bits. Opted for using half and half for the chowder so it's not as heavy. Had sourdough bread, a lettuce salad (not pictured) and Chardonnay on the side.

58098AC2-4E29-4186-A35F-11FFE5CAE543.jpeg

I'm making a winter stew... it's traditional in Scotland to have a steak pie on New Year's Day, but since I'm not able to spend NYD with my family this year, I didn't fancy having a steak pie by myself... though a stew is pretty close. Anyway, I always like to put a small amount of chilli in things, so I took a small orange habanero off my own plant in the kitchen and used that, since the other small chillis I've used from the plant have been pretty mild... not this one though. So I now have 'chilli beef' instead of stew, though I am going to leave it to slow cook on the hob for another few hours, so it should be nice and soft and tasty by around 8pm. Unfortunately, pictures of stew tend to look a bit, well, unappetising, so I won't post a picture of it...

Just having fresh from the oven Croissants with coffee and Apricot Jam.

0768DE52-2DD3-429E-9E11-1A46BD55E938.jpeg

I’ve also been in the kitchen over the last few weeks cooking all sorts of random things. I used up all our plumb tomato’s which were turning and put them into a sweet relish for burgers etc.

CFD61320-BA55-4051-9D22-2DC86F70B23A.jpeg

I also cooked stew yesterday. I don’t have a photo as it didn’t last long enough to snap one.

Last edited:
Back