What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,314 comments
BF80C145-1370-4FF6-85CC-BBF59A60B452.jpeg

Anyone ever heard of Tigernuts?

Cyperus_esculentus_MS_4388.jpg

I have. I tried these things that aren't nuts at all. Besides being initially hard as rock, these "not" nuts are delicious. Yesterday, I soaked a handful of them in water. The water is very delicious as well.

Oh, I bought 100% pure (cacao) chocolate again. It truly a test of willpower to see if I can eat as little of it as possible.

Coconuts are also, surprisingly, not nuts. There’s a funny song about it on YouTube.

Im currently eating a Kitkat Chunky and drinking a lime soda.

Frontera barbacoa bowl. I added two fried eggs and some salt. Not bad.

It was frozen for a few months and the meat is still better than Chipotle's steak

I missed the deadline for Girl Scout Cookies, so I gave Keebler's Coconut Dreams another chance to give me a Caramel deLites/Samoas fix.

8d8.gif

If you have an Aldi nearby, then give their "Girl Scout Cookies" a try. They are every bit as good.

I've made curry sauce. I got the recipe from the owner of the grocery store I frequent a lot.

So lunch is:

• Home made courgette soup
  • Home made curry sauce with pine apple
  • Whole grain brown rice
  • Turkey filet

An Aldi knockoff Magnum-style "Gianni's" almond/chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar which tastes better than the real thing.

Also one of these.

bZ9XONr.png

Last edited:
I have heard that that beer smells like a blueberry pancakes/waffles breakfast.

I’m not much for sours, so it’s very unlikely I’ll ever try one but what was your take on it @UKMikey?

Were those made with King's Hawaiian rolls?

No but she hit the tops with butter. The ham got a brush of hot honey before the grill action. They’re literally fantastic.

New to me beer. They say rich hints of coffee, chocolate, vanilla and a roasted finish. First gulp agrees with that.

9A116D91-599B-4857-8F79-95A95E384AA2.jpeg

I have heard that that beer smells like a blueberry pancakes/waffles breakfast.

I’m not much for sours, so it’s very unlikely I’ll ever try one but what was your take on it @UKMikey?
Once you get used to the taste it's much lighter than you'd expect from a 6.5% abv beer. I could easily session this which isn't the case with other beers of this strength.

A470AEFB-B923-4BC5-B316-94B185F52960.jpeg

I went to the supermarket to buy the only Grape soda I could find - sugar-free Grape Fanta - but just before I got there, I found a local shop that had a can of Grape Fanta in the window, and I couldn't believe their stocks... I was literally like a kid in a candy store, but ended up getting a few different cans to try them. They were all £1.59 a can, which is not much more expensive than standard cans, so I was very pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to try them out.

I'm preparing Lasagna.

Last Wednesday I found Kefir life cultures and yesterday I tried for the first time to make Kefir. This evening at 7 pm it is ready. I hope it is any good.

Back