What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,561 comments
I call this my 'Spa 24h breakfast'
53283418787_72b3d6bbcf_c.jpg

This is what Laurens Vanthoor was loading up on at breakfast during the Spa 24h - pancakes with banana and caramel drizzle. I also have a glass of chilled caramel macchiato to go with it. Not bad for £4, and I still have enough ingredients to make the same again.

View attachment 1298069

Hah. But habanero. Good stick.
Mmmm!

We have Peperami here in the UK which I guess are similar - they have an extra hot one called a Fire Stick (not to be confused with the Amazon product of the same name, as that leads to disaster).

I do enjoy a Fire Stick, but they aren't without their drawbacks :ill: They are, however, 145% meat :lol:

It had been a while and munchies got me while buying wine. Guy that gave me some ghost pepper sauces said, try this.

Slim Jim trademarked Hot AF™️

These are absolutely Absurd AF if I’m gonna ™️

image.jpg

Mmmm!

We have Peperami here in the UK which I guess are similar - they have an extra hot one called a Fire Stick (not to be confused with the Amazon product of the same name, as that leads to disaster).

I do enjoy a Fire Stick, but they aren't without their drawbacks :ill: They are, however, 145% meat :lol:
I got my first Jonny Cash from a Pepperami Fire Stick. I remember it vividly.

Pub lunch at one of our locals.

Half of Inch’s Cider for me and a Latte for the wife.

I had a BBQ Brisket Burger and the wife had a steak sandwich, with a side of Onion Rungs for the table. Sorry I didn’t get a pic of the food as it was demolished quick sharp.

IMG_9953.jpeg

Pub lunch at one of our locals.

Half of Inch’s Cider for me and a Latte for the wife.

I had a BBQ Brisket Burger and the wife had a steak sandwich, with a side of Onion Rungs for the table. Sorry I didn’t get a pic of the food as it was demolished quick sharp.

View attachment 1298256
Rungs? You mean onion rings, right? Anyways cool picture of the glass.

Since I’m working part time, I can bake pizza and drink wine midday. Gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

Just a spinach and green onion pizza with mozzarella and grated Parmesan. I decided to grate some orange zest on top… tastes great. The wine is just some Cabernet Sauvignon from 2022.

IMG_8588.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't take a picture of my lunch as a friend made it and I didn't want to appear rude, but my colleague made chicken and rice with a potato side as part of her Diwali celebrations and brought it in for our lunch today.

It was absolutely fantastic - the chicken was perfect and the spices were bang-on; a nice heat to it but not too much.

I nearly missed it too - I didn't see the messages on my phone saying that she had brought food for us all, and somewhat to my embarrassment, I came back to the office to find everyone waiting on me before the started to eat. I was stuck in a meeting and was 20 minutes later than usual, but it was really nice of them to wait for me before digging into a homemade feast of Indian food.

A totally unexpected little joy for a Monday. :)

I went to a blind tasting restaurant on Saturday.
We put on blacked out goggles before we entered the specific dining room. We were led one by one to our chairs. Seriously couldn’t see anything.

We had no idea what we were going to eat. It’s up to using your other senes to try to break it down. Over an hour we were served a seven course meal.
It was an odd experience that I would do again in a heartbeat.
No knives were allowed but forks and spoons were on the table with a glass of H2O on the left. My beer on the right.
I ended up eating everything caveman style. I needed to feel it as well as smell it.
I only disliked one of the courses. Everything else was fantastic.

After the meal we were led out and allowed to remove our blindfolds. We met the chef in the bar and handed us a menu of what we just ate.
I was spot on on some and way off on others.
For instance, the water cress salad I mistook for dandelion greens.

They rotate menus every 3 months. I look forward to seeing, or not seeing what I eat.

IMG_2947.jpeg

Back