What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,318 comments
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies my mom made for me (uber good) and drinking some fizzey water.

granola bar and a big glass of kool-aid, which i shouldn't really be eating because my stomach really hates me in the morning

I'm not feeling good. Temp, burning eyes, ears and throat and just basically feeling like crap. So, I made fried spaghetti leftovers from yesterday. It always makes me feel better.

I'm not feeling good. Temp, burning eyes, ears and throat and just basically feeling like crap. So, I made fried spaghetti leftovers from yesterday. It always makes me feel better.

Fried Spaghetti? Now I have to try that.

Fried Spaghetti? Now I have to try that.

The next time you make spaghetti, do the following:

1. Mix the leftover sauce with the leftover noodles. Blend them well together, making sure you don't add too much sauce, if a lot is leftover. Adding too much sauce will cause it to pool up on the noodles, which will ruin fried spaghetti.

2. Put it in a large bowl, and cover it up and put in the fridge at once. You need to build up condensation so the water can drip back down into the spaghetti. This helps the noodles get big and fat, which helps the sauce incorporate into the noodles, which is needed.

3. Let it "age" in the fridge for at least 24 hours; 48 being best.

4. Preparation: Heat up a large frying pan. Add one stick of margarine, and margarine ONLY. Adjust if there is not a lot of spaghetti to be fried. Once the margarine is melted, add the spaghetti, which should be ice cold. Do not let it get to room temperature. With a large, flexible spatula, slice off a layer of the spaghetti, and add it to the frying pan. Keep doing this until no more room is left in the pan. Allow the melted margarine to absorb into the bottom layer of the spaghetti, about two minutes time, and then flip over sections like a pancake. Let it cook now for a few minutes, and then constantly flip the spaghetti over, and over, until it is well heated. It should take about ten minutes to heat the spaghetti. Toward the end of the heating process, add a little bit of Parmesan cheese to the spaghetti.

5. Preparation notes: The spaghetti will steam like mad. This is what you want to happen. It also cracks, and pops, like mad, too. This is the water in the noodle turning into steam. You are now caramelizing the spaghetti noodles like it was fried rice. It should take a similar color to fried rice too, but not exactly like it. You'll also notice the noodles are a lot smaller, because you cooked most of the water out. You might, and really should, cut the spaghetti with the end of the spatula. Cutting it will make it easier to flip, and mix the spaghetti during the heating process. It'll make it easier to eat, too.

Enjoy!

Cool, thanks 👍. I'm defiantly going to try that the next time my mom makes spaghetti, it's sounds pretty good.

+rep for that.

A big piece of my mom's home made Oreo cheesecake...it's about the best thing on the planet.

Did a lot of yard work for grandma with the boys. It was cold, dark and windy. So, a hearty meal was in order.

Beef patties seasoned with onion powder, sea salt and fresh black pepper, whipped potatoes and thick beef chili with beans. Damn good meal. 👍

I'm having nachos...Flanders style, that's cucumbers with cottage cheese.

But srsly, I'm eating peanuts and drinking fruit punch mixed with a scoop of whey protein powder.

Im currently eating some sugar free gum! Wheeey!
After all it is pretty late at night.

and i just needed something to chew on in my mouth.

Back