What are you Eating/Drinking?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 25,608 comments
  • 1,553,451 views
Had a glass of this nice Japanese blended whisky tonight.

8A9F0720-0123-4CFB-BD7A-148C25D4E2A2.webp
 
I've eliminated gluten from my diet and have been trying different flavors for the past two weeks. I was actually consuming too much dough and flour products. They were causing unnecessary bloating. I feel much more comfortable in the evenings now.
 
Actually, I'm on the salad-below-the-patty team. Carl's Junior and Chili's (and others) do this.
Me too. Keeps the bun from getting soggy. But the burger was so dry it didn’t matter. I didn’t realize they had served it upside down and I placed things also upside down. In the end, didn’t care.
 
I wonder how that tasted. Just curious.

I‘d say relatively mild (like most Japanese whiskies), floral and sweet with a relatively prominent grain taste.
 
For dinner, we're having turkey subs with lettuce and onions. And some Lay's Simply potato chips. We might skip dessert tonight depending on how full we get.
 
Damn, these boxes are hard to photograph. But it's a giant Toblerone with added orange peel.

20251011_192233.webp
 
Last edited:
Damn, these boxes are hard to photograph. But it's a giant Toblerone with added orange peel.

View attachment 1484928
Yeah, I bet you had a time trying to get it straight! Anyways I ate some waffles, pancakes and hash browns for breakfast and my mom ate some oatmeal, grits, waffles and 2 bananas.
 
IMG-20251014-WA0001.webp

That is a rather non-traditional Mexican "sope": A thick tortilla, usually fried in lard, covered with a spread of black fried beans, crispy fried bacon strips, cream and cheddar cheeses, and a fresh Serrano pepper/tomato sauce prepared in a stone mortar... which is really HOT.
 
Last edited:
Its been a moment since I've even posted on here, but it looks like folks have been cooking up some good looking foods.

That said, I've had a few moments in the kitchen since I've been away: last weekend I made brined garlic roasted chicken breast with asparagus and mushooms and a spinach - asparagus pan sauce that had lots of seasonings and garlic.

1760480843377.webp


Then here's a cheesy, green-oniony egg I made resembling a Tamago Sando.

1760481028479.webp


Then a chorizo sausage egg and cheese sandwich I made some time ago:

1760481090761.webp
 
IMG_6014.webp


I made a Thai green curry for my Mum and I using the 'kit' above, and it was pretty good.

I marinaded the chicken in lemon juice and garlic first, and added par-boiled new potatoes and green beans, and served it with basmati rice and some fresh basil leaves.

It was much better than my first attempt last week (I always do a trial run before cooking for my family), and it paid off - this was so much nicer, even though it was a 'cheat' kit and practically impossible to screw up.

I'm very grateful for the fact that my appetite is still fully intact, despite my recent cancer diagnosis - and hence why I am keen to have proper family meals while I still can before my treatment starts, which could be very soon.
 
So last night I made Chicken, Chorizo & Chickpea stew and had the leftover for lunch today.

IMG_0061.webp


Had some Red Leicester bread from M&S Bakery too, so a few small slices of that to mop up.

All while doing roast beef for Sunday evening meal later today.
 
Last edited:
IMG_3655.webp


Breakside Brewing in Portland, OR makes some amazing beer.
This is a new West Coast IPA from them that I’ve never had. Found it at the local butcher!

Appearance: very light colored straw. However, it’s not translucent. I cannot see through it.

Aroma: pure west coast IPA. Piney, citrusy, spicy honey.

Taste: magic on the palate. Piney but not resinous. Crisp and floral. The longer it lingers the more the IBUs (international bittering units) come out.
Pleasant but far from a palate wrecker.

Overall: 4.2 out of 5.
It’s a really well done West Coast IPA
 
Its been a moment since I've even posted on here, but it looks like folks have been cooking up some good looking foods.

That said, I've had a few moments in the kitchen since I've been away: last weekend I made brined garlic roasted chicken breast with asparagus and mushooms and a spinach - asparagus pan sauce that had lots of seasonings and garlic.

View attachment 1485568

Then here's a cheesy, green-oniony egg I made resembling a Tamago Sando.

View attachment 1485569

Then a chorizo sausage egg and cheese sandwich I made some time ago:

View attachment 1485570
Wow, fine course meals my man!
 
Back