What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,273 comments
I've never come across those Belly-Flops over here - guess I could find them if i searched. The regular sort are in plenty - from mini-boxes to the big boxes that contain fifty flavours.
I try to eat one at a time to experience every flavour, then i get impatient and mix, then some weird combinations started happening . . .
Plus the sugar rush to add to the brain damage.

Have to now look for Belly Flops. :dopey:

Edit: And, no, the regular sort don't come cheap - but the other brands don't compare.

I've eaten a lot of that. No, not all at once - but in many different forms, too. And also from other palm flowers. From where do you get yours - does it come dark brown, slightly grainy, in crescent-shapes about 250g? I've noticed over the years that you eat it quite often. 👍

I haven't had any in years, though. Well, I have to console myself with these:
iphonedec15%20191_zpsndjqn1ka.jpg
From a store nearby. :D

No seriously > http://www.noble-house.tk/en/products/food/gula-java-coconut-blossom-sugar

Made this for tonight's festivities. 2 cans of Ro-Tel, 1 onion, a lot of garlic, 2 green bell peppers, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice.

IMG_20151231_135824615.jpg

Literally the most addictive food I ever make for friends and family.

Had a belated Christmas dinner.

Prime rib, scalloped potatoes, and some green beans sauteed with scallions and topped with cream sauce and pistachios.

Made this for tonight's festivities. 2 cans of Ro-Tel, 1 onion, a lot of garlic, 2 green bell peppers, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice.

View attachment 496928

Literally the most addictive food I ever make for friends and family.
As great as that looks that would send me straight to the hospital. Especially the bold words. :guilty:

Chinese Leftovers: Yeah, I overcooked the sunny-side up eggs. Oh well, still was good, though.

Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chicken Lo Mien and Egg Fried Rice
XPobbde.jpg

Over the weekend I ate at our local all you can eat Asian Buffet with the family. Sorry no pics but that is my favorite place to eat. So much great food. Looked similar to this.

Leftovers for most of this week.

Last night was root beer braised short ribs and mashed potatoes.

Lunch today leftover Hoppin' John from New Year's. (black eyed pea "stew" over rice with smoked ham)

Dinner tonight will be tacos.

Tonight I had ham sandwiches on sweet Hawaiian rolls with chips and ranch dip.

image.jpeg

Just had a glass of chocolate milk so I could take some ibuprofen for a raging headache then followed that with a cup of coffee which helped the sore throat nicely. What's really making me feel better, though, is the neti pot* to clear out my sinus cavity and guaifenesin to finish the job. Being able to breath is glorious.

*strangest damn feeling ever, by the way

As great as that looks that would send me straight to the hospital. Especially the bold words. :guilty:

I'm hesitant to say it's something that'll send people to the hospital (at least in the case of the people I make it for) but for the people who haven't ever had any, it usually sends them running to the bathroom about half an hour later. Doesn't ever bother me like that, but since I love everything from the ingredients list except tomatoes (the Rotel) it doesn't bother me. The standard pico de gallo you find in places like Moe's isn't anything like this and probably won't kill you (most of the time, there's no onions and a very small amount of garlic in theirs.)

TB
What's really making me feel better, though, is the neti pot* to clear out my sinus cavity and guaifenesin to finish the job. Being able to breath is glorious.

*strangest damn feeling ever, by the way

Squeeze bottle or the teapot design?
Can agree, it's a weird sensation from either one.

A review of notable foods consumed, Q4 2015.

New Year's veal piccata and salad.

0P8KXb5.jpg

7rF0jF9.jpg

Christmas lamb bake.

UvZoG85.jpg

UZVqYsq.jpg

zvjW7UH.jpg

Sonny's Famous Steak Hoagies

UM71EFg.jpg

Beer brunch. Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin, Twisted Trunk Watermelon Saison, 5 Rabbit ChocoFrut Guayaba. Grillades and Grits, and a fluffy vegetables and eggs loaf.

NFpl1Ka.jpg

Thanksgiving was a spatchcocked, smoked turkey. I made an asparagus pie with the other leftover half.

TCgH1Os.jpg

zuNsg92.jpg

Very easy. It's just a lemon zest persillade and breadcrumbs. Finely chop parsley, lemon zest, and garlic, then mix it in with fresh breadcrumbs. If you use canned, then mix half unseasoned and half panko. Season to taste. Then oil salt and pepper on the lamb, bake, then take out and dress, then 2nd bake to temp

Last night I got creative with my air fryer.

Venison steak nuggets with white gravy for dipping and mashed potatoes on the side.

image.jpeg

Back