What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,270 comments
Dinner last night was a pot pie with buttered bread and a...

dBk4wZg.jpg

Funny how it was mentioned before.

Breakfast was oatmeal and a HBE with a glass of pineapple orange juice.

Beer, whoa, hu, what is good for, absolutely nothing!

4 pints by my count but I'm not finished yet. Drinking out of a coffee cup to avoid Thai drinking laws.

Haven't actually eaten anything yet.

Not much, I'm not really hungry. I slept for at least 10 hours straight and that is for someone with depression and serotonin problems a big no, no.

Got a seitan sausage bread (sausage replace by seitan) and a coconut cookie.

Saturday I made fried flounder and roasted vegetables for dinner in the air fryer.
image.jpeg

For lunch on Sunday I put some ham and cheese on the leftover rolls and heated them up in the air fryer.

image.jpeg

Last night my wife made taco cups with rice and black beans.
image.jpeg

My wife's cooking leaves a lot to desired. Her version of low sodium is following a recipe but leaving out all traces of salt. Even I found it bland. It was amazing how much a little lime juice and a sprinkle of potassium chloride did for rice and beans and a shot of hot sauce on the tacos made them really good.

The trick is figuring out how to explain this to my wife without insulting her or making her feel like I'm complaining about her cooking. I used the excuse that I took too long to get to the table and my food had gone cold so I could take my plate too the kitchen and fix it before popping it in the microwave for show.

I try to humor her because she feels like she isn't a proper wife if she doesn't do some cooking (thanks Kentucky upbringing), but sometimes I just want to to walk in, push her aside, and take over.

In this instance she was following a recipe and leaving out the salt. I could have walked in and made it without a recipe and made the low sodium adjustments.

And I'm not being unfair. She chose to throw out the leftovers rather than pack them for lunches.

Not really sure what to call it but I basically made mush for dinner and it looks horrible but tastes pretty nice. Browned up some ground beef, then sauteed some onions and mushrooms, threw it all in a pot with 500ml of water and a beef bouillon cube, and cooked a cup of rice to add which soaked up the broth. It made a nice beefy mushroomy soup kind of thing that's really hearty with the added rice.

Last edited:
If you're cooking for yourself it doesn't have to be pretty or have a name, so long as you enjoy it.

That said, use barley next time and it sounds like a beef and barley soup.

Just ate a 1/4 pound hotdog. Cold. Straight out of the refrigerator.

Not sure how I feel about myself now. :indiff:

Dinner was the last of my pork barbecue from when I smoked a lot of meat in 2015. Alas, I'll miss you barbecue.

But with my hernia repaired I'll smoke enough meat in 2016 to last

El Chef Ramon pollo milanesa, morros, tostones, and boniato. From calle ocho deep in the ass-end of Miami.

lPTfYpZ.jpg

Cuban food is funny because it's so, so good when you're eating it, but after about an hour all you want to do is kill yourself. Seriously, it swells up in your stomach and stops digesting. You literally want to disembowel yourself because you're so full.

Decided to eat something I have not tried in many years. Liver. It was not too bad. I only ate one liver last night and will eat the other tonight. All cooked in a pan.

• Beef Liver
  • Fresh pea pods
  • Fresh grean beans
  • Butter
  • Seasoned with Mrs Dash
IMG_20160112_182105.jpg

Soft-boiled eggs, Flax-bread toast, marmalade, butter, coffee.

If that is unimaginable . . . I'm going to be very interest as to where on Earth you are located.

El Chef Ramon pollo milanesa, morros, tostones, and boniato.

Just two English words in there - no wonder I can't understand what you're saying. I have to taste it, I suppose to know. :sly:

Just two English words in there - no wonder I can't understand what you're saying. I have to taste it, I suppose to know. :sly:

Cuban food. That's breaded fried chicken with ham and white cheese melted on top, white rice mixed with black beans, smashed fried plantains, and cuban/caribbean white sweet potato, all in order.

Last night we went to a Mexican restaurant and I got the Enchiladas Supremas (four enchiladas: beef, chicken, bean, and cheese) and a Vampiro to drink.

This is a Vampiro.

image.jpeg

Tequila, sangrita, citrus soda, and hot pepper. Basically, it's a bloody mary made with tequila and mixed with citrus soda. I'd never had one and it was advertised on the sign, so I tried it. I prefer it over a margarita any day.

Last edited:
Back