What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,275 comments
Made a big pot of chili yesterday. (Carroll Shelby's recipe) That was dinner last night with extra cheese, onion, sour cream, and some cornbread.

Plenty left over so I portioned out some for lunches, then froze the rest.

This morning it it juice and yogurt.

• Steamed fresh vegetables
  • liver
  • Eggs

untitled.png

My wife and one son are on their way to Minneapolis for his appointment so my other son and I are livin' it up. We went to Lucy's and both had a General Tsos chicken combo:

20160125_180940.jpg

Fried rice, pork wontons, egg roll (already consumed) and , obviously, General Tsos chicken.

TB
My wife and one son are on their way to Minneapolis for his appointment so my other son and I are livin' it up. We went to Lucy's and both had a General Tsos chicken combo:

View attachment 507155

Fried rice, pork wontons, egg roll (already consumed) and , obviously, General Tsos chicken.
Isn't it awesome how well food is a direct form of spending quality time?

A record of my hospital stay.

Thursday lunch.

image.jpeg

Thursday dinner

image.jpeg

Friday lunch

image.jpeg

Friday Dinner

image.jpeg

Saturday breakfast

image.jpeg

Saturday lunch

image.jpeg

TB
I spy Benadryl Cumberbun. :P
Since my mom was staying with me while I was in the hospital in Louisville I introduced her to Guardians of the Galaxy and Sherlock.

I sold her on Sherlock.

That's looks like some pretty decent hospital food. When I was in the hospital for 9 week, plus 6 weeks rehab, I had horrible food. The only thing I would eat at rehab, since the food was so horrible, was roasted chicken legs, peanut butter sandwich, oatmeal and HBE. On occasion the soup. By then, I had family and friends bring me meals to eat.

That's looks like some pretty decent hospital food. When I was in the hospital for 9 week, plus 6 weeks rehab, I had horrible food. The only thing I would eat at rehab, since the food was so horrible, was roasted chicken legs, peanut butter sandwich, oatmeal and HBE. On occasion the soup. By then, I had family and friends bring me meals to eat.
From Thursday dinner and on I was in a hospital with room service style dining, where I can call in my order. I've been there enough to know what is good and what isn't.

This pie was pretty good, though the crust could have been a little more tender. It had lots of really good sauce and a lot more cheese and sausage than I expected. It cost $5.98 and it wasn't on sale. That is less than three dollars a pound.

Now I just have to figure out how to reheat the leftovers.

CAM00150_zpsculggfxt.jpg

Chinese Leftovers: Yeah, I overcooked the sunny-side up eggs. Oh well, still was good, though.

Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chicken Lo Mien and Egg Fried Rice
XPobbde.jpg
I gave up on sunny side up eggs ages ago. If you notice all of the runny yolked eggs I post in here are over easy. They are just so much easier.

I used to cover the eggs to cook the whites, but no matter how hard I tried, the yolks always came out like yours.

I recently saw a technique on some cooking show (Worst Cooks in America, maybe), where you baste the egg with the butter you are cooking it in.

When I give this a try, I will post the results here.

mHdaLef.jpg

I'm a bachelor.

I gave up on sunny side up eggs ages ago. If you notice all of the runny yolked eggs I post in here are over easy. They are just so much easier.

I used to cover the eggs to cook the whites, but no matter how hard I tried, the yolks always came out like yours.

I recently saw a technique on some cooking show (Worst Cooks in America, maybe), where you baste the egg with the butter you are cooking it in.

When I give this a try, I will post the results here.

That's dumb. Your eggs aren't coming out right because your pan is probably way too hot. Leave the pan on the lowest heat, and crack your eggs into it, and then just leave them alone while you go do other stuff. They should be done when you finish your morning routine lol. That's how to get those perfect model eggs. Otherwise, just steam them by melting a pad of butter, cracking the egg, and covering on medium-low heat.

Sunny-side-up eggs aren't ever flipped. Otherwise they're done "Over"

Last edited:
I hope you didn't carry that bag by the handles.

I used to work at a small, but busy, take-out and delivery only, pizza place. More than once I have handed a customer a fresh out of the oven, gooey cheesy pizza only to watch in horror as they tucked it under their arm and walked out. I can only wonder what the thing looked like when they got it home.

I hope you didn't carry that bag by the handles.

I used to work at a small, but busy, take-out and delivery only, pizza place. More than once I have handed a customer a fresh out of the oven, gooey cheesy pizza only to watch in horror as they tucked it under their arm and walked out. I can only wonder what the thing looked like when they got it home.

I didn't, they were fresh from the oven, so I took them the way you see them, the bag was only for ease of transportation without showing 3 boxes.
Well that was lunch (although I only posted it late), for dinner I went full on Portuguese. Boiled codfish with boiled potatoes and garnished with olive oil.
1454190092191.jpg

Back