Air fried cod fish
Cabbage and ranch
Buns
Chips and a pickle
Wine

BE0A984B-979D-4436-872B-A5C758E83BE7.jpeg

Simple but great.

View attachment 1237274

Tried a new recipe I found online for Chinese pork belly, and despite looking decidedly ropey for most of the cooking, it turned out really well... better yet I have the other half of the ingredients to try it again tmrw with a few tweaks...

I bought some 'cooking wine' from my local Chinese minimarket (which I've never visited before) and was surprised to discover that pretty much everything was written in Chinese, and even the lady behind the counter needed to use Google Translate to tell me what the wine was for - her answer was 'deodorant'... that didn't exactly fill me with confidence, but I do remember a Taiwanese friend telling me that they often cook with alcohol "to kill the smell" (of the meat), which sounds horrible but it is tasty nevertheless.

I also bought Jasmine rice and it seemed to cook very quickly, and it is under the meat and veg in the pic above. The pork belly gets boiled to remove "impurities" and it looks truly revolting after it has been boiled, but then it is covered in 'cooking wine', soy sauce and eventually you can add sugar or honey and then reduce it down into a glaze that covers the meat. Definitely a success, and although it takes two hours and a fair bit of monitoring, esp. at the end, it was well worth it.
Hmm, I think it's time for a chicken version of this for me.

Popped by my local store and they had a new Monster in stock so I'm obliged to try it. It was very nice, Nicer than Watermelon Reserve.
311945963_633968881596503_7493573938545331304_n.jpg

Not even drunk and Having a Mixed Doner Kebab midweek.... I really should raise my standards in adulthood.... (It was lovely though) - (And was my only meal of the day) - (Look at all that healthy salad) 😉😄
281089474_806978240264518_467384725448855451_n.jpg

Monster Energy and Takaway food...What else can a gamer need? (I eat better than this honest) 😅

Popped by my local store and they had a new Monster in stock so I'm obliged to try it. It was very nice, Nicer than Watermelon Reserve.
View attachment 1243500

Not even drunk and Having a Mixed Doner Kebab midweek.... I really should raise my standards in adulthood.... (It was lovely though) - (And was my only meal of the day) - (Look at all that healthy salad) 😉😄
View attachment 1243502

Monster Energy and Takaway food...What else can a gamer need? (I eat better than this honest) 😅
Yeah love those Monster Energy drinks, cool dish you had there!! I might try that in the future.

@Chris30
I normally stay to the Sugar Free Ultra versions of Monsters but I will try a new one when I see it.

Thank You, It was delicious if a bit on the large side 😊 Do you have these styles of Kebab in America? I know you have Shawarma's/ Gyro Wraps, Shish and stuff like that but I haven't seen this style of Doner Kebab in the US... If you do I would highly recommend👍

I know Canada has them because Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys was always at the King Of Donair Shop😄

Last edited:
@Chris30
I normally stay to the Sugar Free Ultra versions of Monsters but I will try a new one when I see it.

Thank You, It was delicious if a bit on the large side 😊 Do you have these styles of Kebab in America? I know you have Shawarma's/ Gyro Wraps, Shish and stuff like that but I haven't seen this style of Doner Kebab in the US... I know Canada has them because Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys was always at the King Of Donair Shop😄
Most gyro shops offer it, at least in my area that is.

My dinner while waiting for FH5 to update: a bowl of beef curry and a 1.5L bottle of Korean purple corn tea, both from Uwajimaya.

Does this seem familiar? This seems familiar to me.
92D95491-E87A-4E51-81B7-D509C21F82E3.jpeg

I can see why they went with Breaking Bad for the Super Bowl commercial, these things are dangerously addictive.

Attachments

• 0810607020710_0_A1C1_0600.png
    0810607020710_0_A1C1_0600.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I’m not sure if this should go here or the “What did you buy recently” thread. I normally get the smaller bottle, but I always run out too soon. So I switched to the bigger 12 oz bottle. Food is really just a Tabasco Delivery System for me, anyway.
32419F78-DECB-4D46-889F-01138D0589CC.jpeg

I’m not sure if this should go here or the “What did you buy recently” thread. I normally get the smaller bottle, but I always run out too soon. So I switched to the bigger 12 oz bottle. Food is really just a Tabasco Delivery System for me, anyway.
View attachment 1244891
Nice! So what meals do you usually pour the tabasco sauce on, I can't eat it much because of the spiciness.

Nice! So what meals do you usually pour the tabasco sauce on, I can't eat it much because of the spiciness.
Eggs, burritos, pizza, soup, mac and cheese, microwave meals, etc. there’s very little that isn’t made better with a dash of Tabasco.

131891820_3725868097475617_8297084942544262915_n.jpg

Another take-away of Khao Mun Gai Tod - this time I got a fried egg with it for £1 extra (not my pic, but this is exactly as it looked, minus the egg)... it was great, although I'm mindful of the old "Mother and Child Reunion" scenario - Paul Simon allegedly took inspiration for the song title from a visit to a Chinese restaurant where they had a dish of chicken and egg.

Back