Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Edge

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 81 51.3%

• Total voters
I'll stick to chrome, both it and FF suffer from the same issues that I always end up dealing with. Too many tabs eventually makes it wish it wasn't alive.

Currently using Chrome but thinking of switching to the new Firefox. Just haven't done it yet since I am too lazy to update all my passwords.

Why not use Lastpass to keep your passwords? Lets you use any browser with the extension

I've always used FireFox, and while I didn't like the new 'Quantum' at first, I'm getting used to it and it genuinely is performing better than old.

I’ve been playing around with Firefox 57 and Chrome on my work computer. It’s running Windows 7, i5 and 4GB of RAM. Throughout the day, I’ve noticed Chrome would use a bit less RAM, but Firefox seems to be smoother in some cases, but Chrome would run other instances better too. At this point, I think the browser world is plainly all up to personal preference, with the difference in speeds now just milliseconds apart.

I guess this makes me the second Edge user. I like Edge because it has a fast startup time. Literally takes seconds and loads pages much faster than my Chrome. I have noticed that Google's services work much better with Chrome (probably on purpose) and is the only reason I ever use Chrome anymore. Besides that, I prefer Edge because it is more integrated with Windows 10.

I am the third Edge user, heh. For mainly the same reasons as the post above. I only have Chrome installed for YouTube viewing.

Since SecretAgentZero recommended to me Vivaldi, I have been using it a lot. I still do. My 1-2 tandem of browsing is Vivaldi and Firefox. I sometimes use Edge often times for some quick browsing or for some better performing online stuff (such as online games). I am SO done with Chrome. I used to use Opera on my former PC.

After getting nagged one too many times by Firefox 55.0.3 for deliberately leaving it "critically out of date", I've finally found a worthy alternative in Waterfox. It's nice to be a little more secure again while maintaining my customized and native Windows-9x-style interface with Classic Theme Restorer. As a bonus, I can already tell it's quicker than Firefox.

Firefox a while back. But I use Opera now for its built-in Youtube ad blocker and because it takes very little resources. Also the foreground video display is helpful.

I switched to Firefox from Chrome when they released Firefox Quantum. Overall, I like it better than Chrome, but major gripe is the general Google ecosystem stuff like not being able to print Google Drive stuff easily and not being able to Chromecast with the browser. RAM usage is definitely better with Firefox. Once I upgrade to 16 GB in the future, I'll probably switch back to Chrome.

I've been using Chrome forever, but a recent update from Avast (not the free version) installed a new Avast Secure Browser. So I decided to give it a try for a week or two.

So far I can't tell much of a difference, very similar to Chrome, but I haven't done much with it so far as it installed Thursday night. I do like how it carried over all my favorites/bookmarks & browsing history from Chrome.

Firefox for at least 5+ years now, probably a lot longer. It's where my thousands and thousands of bookmarks are. I use Chrome if I'm watching something and put it up on the secondary monitor. My one gripe with Firefox is that it creates a separate tab in the Windows taskbar for every browser tab open. It means you have to click the Firefox app in the taskbar and then select the tab you want, rather than just open the browser tab that was up last. Makes it harder to switch to the same Firefox browser tab you were on when you've got another program open full screen, unless you use alt-tab to switch back to Firefox. Chrome only adds tabs to the taskbar for each Chrome window open.

My one gripe with Firefox is that it creates a separate tab in the Windows taskbar for every browser tab open.
That's weird. I've never experienced that before on any certain of Firefox. All of my tabs are normal in one window. Maybe it's something you can toggle in the settings?

I'm using Opera, for me it is a great combination of plug-ins, syncronisation and performance, everything combined in a clean and simple-to-use interface.

I've tried Firefox (even the new one) and Chrome, but I always go back to Opera. Especially the built-in WhatsApp functionality is quite handy sometimes!

That's weird. I've never experienced that before on any certain of Firefox. All of my tabs are normal in one window. Maybe it's something you can toggle in the settings?

You're right. Just found this checkbox right at the top of the settings page:

Show tab previews in the Windows taskbar

Thanks! :cheers:

I'm using Opera, for me it is a great combination of plug-ins, syncronisation and performance, everything combined in a clean and simple-to-use interface.

I've tried Firefox (even the new one) and Chrome, but I always go back to Opera. Especially the built-in WhatsApp functionality is quite handy sometimes!

Opera is one of the great browsers that is probably a well-kept secret. I used Firefox a lot in the early days of Firefox, but kept going back to Safari. Firefox is a great browser though.
Now it depends on what machine I'm using. If it's an Apple then Safari, any other gets Chrome.

I have had recent problems in which Firefox would redirect me to Bing for some reason. So my two-browser tandem now is Vivaldi (primary) and Chrome (secondary). I've seen Twitch streamers run iRacing with Chrome. Part of why I went to Chrome and wanted to use Chrome was exclusively for online gaming and online game development. As much as I love using Vivaldi since going from Opera to Vivaldi, online game performance is rather slow with Vivaldi.

I think when I previously used Chrome in Windows XP, one problem I had was that Chrome kind of took a lot of space on my PC and even kind of performed slow. I haven't noticed too much performance issues between Firefox and Chrome.

Did you guys know you can download something in Mozilla Firefox without loss of internet speed?

When this window appears, don't click on the download button.
Képernyőfelvétel (16).png

Leave it like this until you think the download would be finished if you would have clicked the OK button.
Then you can now click the OK and Voila! The download is already finished!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

This is really useful for me because when my brother always plays online games on his PS4 and with this method I don't make his game laggy.

Yeah, probably you guys alreeady knew this before, let a stupid kid be happy that he discovered something.

I have stopped using Firefox for a good while and have used Chrome instead as my secondary browser. Vivaldi is still the browser I use as my main browser. Part of the reason I stopped using Firefox was because it would sometimes crash in trying to close. It got to be an annoyance that I stopped using Firefox. Well recently, I am perhaps trying to diagnose why the Crash Reporter would show up. Then too, I noticed Firefox actually uses more resources than Chrome. Sometimes to the point of the old "(Not Responding)." So maybe my secondary usage of browsing is a combination of Firefox and Chrome. But still- Vivaldi is my main browser.

I changed a few options today for when Firefox closes; and for the past two attempts, the Crash Reporter didn't activate. So maybe things are good enough.

I am now using Waterfox. I may retire Firefox after years of using it as an alternate browser. I am told that Waterfox is basically Firefox with support for legacy plugins. If I find Waterfox to be more stable and useful compared to Firefox in its current state, I may uninstall and retire Firefox. Just like I followed recommendations to use Vivaldi, I took in recommendations from GTPlanet to use Waterfox.

I may have a new tandem of browsers I use regularly. To use gridiron football speak, I have Vivaldi as my "starting" browser, my 2nd string browser as Waterfox, and my 3rd string browser as Chrome. I made the mistake earlier of importing my Chrome information to Waterfox rather than my Firefox information. Thankfully, I found a way to import my Firefox information to Waterfox by visiting some other site and figuring out how to import my Firefox profile info to Waterfox. So I'm straight for the most part with Waterfox. I am still technically using a Firefox style browser, just not Firefox proper.

I have recently been test driving Maxthon. Maxthon apparently is more than a basic desktop browser- it is a cloud-based browser that could be used across a handful of platforms. From what I have done so far, Maxthon is slotting nicely as a happy medium between Vivaldi and Chrome. I actually don't know how I became convinced about downloading Maxthon.

A few gripes aside, this is how my "depth chart" of browsers go at present: Vivaldi, Maxthon, Chrome, Waterfox, Edge.

Completely off Firefox I see?
How has Waterfox been? I myself haven’t really played with it at this point

Honestly, Waterfox is slower than Firefox. However, at least I don't get errors constantly where recent builds of Firefox didn't close properly. The fact Waterfox is slower for to me is why I don't use WaterFox as much. I mostly use it for FireFox functionality from certain past extensions I've used from Firefox.

I am now mostly in the process of taking past search engines from other browsers to use in Maxthon. The ones Maxthon provides can be quite slow. Google searches run quicker on Maxthon than Maxthon's own Google search (which is a Google Custom Search). Funny enough, Maxthon has its own multi-search engine where you can look up one item across many different categories. For example, if you searched Gran Turismo with Maxthon's Multi Search, you can look up Gran Turismo on different websites, pictures of Gran Turismo, shopping links to buy Gran Turismo games... all from the side. I also noted Maxthon doesn't let you in on if you misspelled anything. Or maybe there are certain options I am not aware of.

If Maxthon ran better and faster to me, I'd even make this my main browser over Vivaldi. Only Vivaldi complaint of late is that the menus and right-clicking the Back button sometimes may not properly work, and the only way to get it to work again is to close and restart the program. It is currently a battle of Maxthon and Chrome as my 2nd browser.

[UPDATE] I found a little workaround in terms of searching. Instead of using the Search Bar, I basically use a new tab and use whatever search I want to use. The Maxthon Multi Search is still slow, so I'm not going to use that much for when I need to search for something.

Last edited:
Back