Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Edge

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 81 51.3%

• Total voters
I’ve been playing around with Edge Insider. Being built from Chromium, it’s a very stable experience considering it’s not even in beta yet.

I must admit I am using Brave a bit more than Chrome. Not sure if it is because of its ability to block certain ads or if it is overall better performing than Chrome, but I am using it a fair amount more. Possibly even is Brave's ability to prevent being followed ad-wise by certain ads posted online. I am even playing along to the tune of the BAT (Basic Attention Token) cryptocurrency of Brave with the private ads. I disabled hardware acceleration in Brave and Chrome to see if it will minimize screen tearing when watching videos.

Vivaldi still remains my primary browser. However last night, the one thing I stopped using Vivaldi for previously happened- unable to right-click through my browsing history to get back to previously viewed pages. All you can do there is simply restart the browser. It still remains my main browser. So I guess my main rotation of browsers is now Vivaldi, Brave, Chrome, Waterfox, (maybe) Opera, and a tie between Edge Internet Explorer.

[OMISSION] I am posting this in Brave, by the way! :)

What? I was just trying to point out if that's your explanation there.

So why would 'the amount of people using chrome' exactly scare you? What do you find about it?

Disabling hardware acceleration in Google Chrome and Brave have made YouTube not give me any fears of screen tearing. So I have been using Brave more than Google Chrome. I honestly gave Chrome another second chance simply for game development long ago. Brave just seems much lighter and smarter than Chrome. So I want to thank Law93 for the endorsement of Brave.

I kind of thought... it was SecretAgentZero who convinced me to use Vivaldi, and it was Law93 who convinced me with Brave. Just goes to show how great the GTPlanet community is. Love you guys! 👍

What? I was just trying to point out if that's your explanation there.

So why would 'the amount of people using chrome' exactly scare you? What do you find about it?
... yeah ... "tried" ...

Before I answer your question, I want to know if you would use a Twitter-, Amazon- or Facebook-Browser, IF there would be one and it's good.

Opera is honestly the one.
  • Pop Out Player for most websites (especially useful for YouTube) - no need for App like Floating Youtube
  • Visually appealing theme/browser - I like a dark theme
  • Built in VPN and AdBlocker
  • Sidebar apps!
  • Google Keep Notes and Youtube Extension can be played on the left of the browser. No need for another tab or browser open
  • WhatsApp built into the sidebar too, as standard (FB Messenger too, dont use it though)
  • Doesnt annihilate my RAM like Chrome

The amount of people who use Chrome scares me.

No, the AMOUNT of people. Is the concept of reading and understanding unfamiliar to you?

There's a cross implication - the amount is scary because Chrome is scary, that makes the idea of people using it scary.

On the main topic: I've started to really like Chrome on Windows, I use the Google ecosystem quite a lot now for sharing work with other Google users and it's been very good. I use IceWeasel when I'm on Linux but with the way work is right now that's hardly ever.

Well, the Vivaldi for Android beta is out.

Haven't given it much of a spin yet but if I like the experience on mobile, Chrome's getting demoted to certain pastimes (not that I would know what they'd be I'm a good boy) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I still have a 1-2 browsing tandem of Vivaldi and Brave that I still use. The only difference is that I am no longer entertaining the BAT cryptocurrency as part of the Brave Rewards system. On rare circumstances, Brave has crashed my computer to restart. So while I prefer Brave over Chrome (heck, Google's own site loads better in Brave than in Chrome!), I do have my doubts in using Brave at times.

I recently went back to Waterfox a bit just to simply update it. I was wondering what I could still do with Waterfox. Waterfox is still very slow. However, I don't get the sort of bloated feeling with Waterfox as today's Firefox has.

Brought Firefox into my desktop rotation, mainly for reliably accessing certain sites that don't play nice with Vivaldi. (casts side-eye at the C8 Corvette configurator)

I am strongly considering retiring Brave Browser. On some rare occasions, Brave has crashed my computer. I praised Brave mostly for being a better-performing Chrome. However, I had nowhere near some of the number of PC crashes with Chrome than I had with Brave. The most recent Brave crash I endured was earlier tonight. After about a total of about 3-5 total times Brave crashed my PC to force a restart, I felt it was time to let Brave go. Oh, and that Brave Rewards system with the BAT cryptocurrency? I stopped getting involved with that last month or so. So you can keep the change.

Brave was a good experience, but I think it is time for me to return to a Vivaldi and Chrome main rotation. Opera, Waterfox, and Edge are my "bullpen" and "relief" browsers, to use baseball speak.

[UPDATE/OMISSION] I forgot I use the Brave Browser on Android! Just that I stopped the BAT cryptocurrency on Android too. I do still have Chrome on Android, but I disabled it at present. I may have Chrome and Brave as my mobile browser main rotation.

I am strongly considering retiring Brave Browser. On some rare occasions, Brave has crashed my computer. I praised Brave mostly for being a better-performing Chrome. However, I had nowhere near some of the number of PC crashes with Chrome than I had with Brave. The most recent Brave crash I endured was earlier tonight. After about a total of about 3-5 total times Brave crashed my PC to force a restart, I felt it was time to let Brave go. Oh, and that Brave Rewards system with the BAT cryptocurrency? I stopped getting involved with that last month or so. So you can keep the change.

Brave was a good experience, but I think it is time for me to return to a Vivaldi and Chrome main rotation. Opera, Waterfox, and Edge are my "bullpen" and "relief" browsers, to use baseball speak.

[UPDATE/OMISSION] I forgot I use the Brave Browser on Android! Just that I stopped the BAT cryptocurrency on Android too. I do still have Chrome on Android, but I disabled it at present. I may have Chrome and Brave as my mobile browser main rotation.

Have you tried out Edge running on Chromium yet? The last beta before release (On January 15 2020) was just put out. It works really well!

Edge on Chromium is going to be released on my birthday! :) But no... I never tried that out. I uninstalled Brave Browser this morning. So it's gone. I am actually using Chrome right now posting this message.

Two years ago today on Facebook (because I checked my Memories), I told my Facebook friends that I have started using Vivaldi as my main browser. I still use Vivaldi as my main browser. I still mostly have a browser rotation of Vivaldi and Chrome as my main browsers. In my "bullpen" of browsers are Waterfox and Edge. I wish I could say I posted this post in Vivaldi, but I am not. This is a post using Chrome.

As far as mobile browsers go, I still mostly use Brave. For me, Brave is good so that I don't get unnecessarily tracked for where I go if I were to use Chrome or something on my mobile devices. I may re-enable Chrome in the future on my mobile devices.

Two years ago today on Facebook (because I checked my Memories), I told my Facebook friends that I have started using Vivaldi as my main browser. I still use Vivaldi as my main browser. I still mostly have a browser rotation of Vivaldi and Chrome as my main browsers. In my "bullpen" of browsers are Waterfox and Edge. I wish I could say I posted this post in Vivaldi, but I am not. This is a post using Chrome.

As far as mobile browsers go, I still mostly use Brave. For me, Brave is good so that I don't get unnecessarily tracked for where I go if I were to use Chrome or something on my mobile devices. I may re-enable Chrome in the future on my mobile devices.
This still being the old Edge or the new Chromium Edge?

After continually being either recommended or asked about using it, I finally have installed the Chromium Edge browser. It is still in Beta stage, but I decided to finally try it out. I have not fully tested and used the Chromium Edge browser. However, I will say it is a fairly stylish browser. It's been a while since I profoundly used any kind of Microsoft browser as my primary browser. In fact, there were times in my past where I used Netscape more than Internet Explorer. Then came Firefox over IE. Then came Opera (before Chromium) over IE. Then came the earlier times of Chrome over IE. I still use IE as my primary browser, but I rarely use it. Microsoft Edge in its current state is good enough for me in simply browsing certain HTML pages and other media. If this upcoming Chromium Edge is being worked on with input from others, then I'm sure Chromium Edge is going to be a slam dunk for a lot of us who simply want a stylish and powerful browser. By the way... I have my qualms about using Chromium Edge since it is a Beta. The qualms I have are just the doubts about possible bugs or flaws that could screw over my PC.

My browser "starting rotation" remains Vivaldi (which I am using to post this reply) and Google Chrome. On the mobile side, I brought back Google Chrome but still also use Brave Browser.

I use firefox, but when I visit gtplanet the home page seems to be stuck on a super old version that shows articles from last April! anyone know how to fix this?

I remain using Chromium Edge for testing. There is one thing I will say about it- it plays online games very well. I used it to play a few games from Flash and HTML5. Most of these were 3D titles, and they played much better in Chromium Edge [Beta] than in my usage in Chrome or Vivaldi. In fact, a few online applications and demonstrations ran with much better frames per second in Chromium Edge [Beta] than I have using Chrome or Vivaldi. So I may consider this browser for certain gaming and some online app usage.

I’m always on my iPad. I do have a Windows PC, but I rarely use it because it’s an old Dell that’s so old it still runs on Windows XP, so I’m usually using Safari. Does everything I need it to, it can be veeeeeeeeery slow when loading pages with lots of adverts
I’m looking at you, Fandom/Wikia with your twenty million ads on every page

I suffered my first PC crash with Chromium Edge [Beta] last night. Crashes will happen, but as long as they aren't frequent, then it isn't a real problem. Frequent crashes is why I retired Brave Browser earlier this year. I still think the Chromium Edge [Beta] browser is still very good for browser-based gaming with its solid speed.

My main browser rotation remains unchanged- Vivaldi and Google Chrome are still tops.

Back