Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Edge

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 81 51.3%

• Total voters
I've edited the poll so that your choice can be changed.

I still mainly use Firefox but I also use Chrome on my work laptop and on my phone so I've changed my vote to reflect that.

Firefox is GONE from my PC. I held onto it for when I needed to do some things most other browsers couldn't do. After I experienced an error from it while my PC was idle, I decided it was time to let Firefox go. Wasn't as good and as reliable as it used to be. So it's out of my browser rotation... FOR GOOD.

Last edited:
Darin Fisher, engineer who worked on Netscape, Firefox, and Chrome, is moving to The Browser Company to work on Arc, a browser focused on web apps.

Has anyone here tried Arc yet? It's only available on MacOS at the moment, so I haven't yet. From what I've seen so far, it seems kinda clunky with how big the sidebar is. It takes up way too much screen real estate.

Despite that, a lot of people seem to be really loving it.

Noticed this thread was replied to, so I might as well join in.

Chrome currently, since Mozilla decided to release a rubbish version that doesn't work. Clicking on the URL bar crashes the browser :lol:

Firefox for me. It works like I want it to do, and thus don't really feel the need to use anything else.
On phone? Chrome, though it's less cuz Chrome is superior on phones and more cuz... IDK, I'm too lazy to care about what browser to use on phone lol

I've been using Opera GX for a little while now and been generally impressed with it.

maxresdefault.jpg

It might be too much for most but I like the slick design and dark / neon colour palette that can be customised a decent amount.

It's an easy transfer from Chrome for the most part, and you can add extensions directly from the Chrome store as well as Opera's own so all your add-ons should work with it without any fuss, not had any problems with mine.

I like the sidebar you can add different widgets to, you can have pop outs for various chat services inc. Facebook and Twitter as well as your Insta feed, Spotify or other music service controls and easy access to settings.

It comes with a controller which limits how much RAM or CPU the browser uses, right down to specific tabs. It has a built in free VPN that you can toggle on and off from the address bar and select various regions to connect from as you would with a fully priced one. Same with the built-in Ad-Blocker which functions as your favourite plug-in likely does already with an easy toggle on and off.

I just fancied a change of scenery honestly without having to change the whole way I browse or use the internet and this does the job nicely.

My rotation is a bit changed. With my new PC, I am now going with a rotation of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge seems to work better and faster on my new PC than on my previous one. I may decide to go with a fresh build of Vivaldi and maybe Waterfox. I'm not going back to Firefox or Brave due to complications I had with both programs.

I still prefer Chrome, but I've embraced Edge a bit more now than I ever have.

We're currently using Edge, what I should do is download Google Chrome, I heard that 75-80% of the global population use this browser. And it's supposed to be quick loading up the pages/sites you go on.

Here is my current rotation of browsers on my PC: Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi. I MIGHT install/use Waterfox, but I am still done with Firefox after 15+ years and the program crashing on me from my previous PC after closing it.

I "soft retired" Vivaldi as I was getting used to my new PC. Now, not only have I installed the latest edition of Vivaldi, I am also using Vivaldi on my newer PC. Chrome has acted well for the most part on my newer PC. Only thing I really notice is Pinterest acting up on me as I am viewing Pins. I still have a lot to get going on my new PC, but it's all good here.

I found out my Chromebook can't install Microsoft Edge, so I'll stay with Chrome on my Chromebook.

I've been done with Brave (crashed my PC several times) and Maxthon (not as efficient; also couldn't adjust my PC registry files to stop calling HTML files as "Maxthon HTML" files). If another funky or interesting browser comes up, I may give those a try.

I've been using Opera GX for a little while now and been generally impressed with it.

View attachment 1208166

It might be too much for most but I like the slick design and dark / neon colour palette that can be customised a decent amount.

It's an easy transfer from Chrome for the most part, and you can add extensions directly from the Chrome store as well as Opera's own so all your add-ons should work with it without any fuss, not had any problems with mine.

I like the sidebar you can add different widgets to, you can have pop outs for various chat services inc. Facebook and Twitter as well as your Insta feed, Spotify or other music service controls and easy access to settings.

It comes with a controller which limits how much RAM or CPU the browser uses, right down to specific tabs. It has a built in free VPN that you can toggle on and off from the address bar and select various regions to connect from as you would with a fully priced one. Same with the built-in Ad-Blocker which functions as your favourite plug-in likely does already with an easy toggle on and off.

I just fancied a change of scenery honestly without having to change the whole way I browse or use the internet and this does the job nicely.
That looks appealing and cool to see, where can I find it? I switched to Chrome a week ago, Edge was too slow for me.

I'm finally giving Firefox a go after I had a really long run with both Chrome and Opera for more than 10 years.
I've also had to take the time to set it up properly with extensions and privacy options just like I want to and I am not complaining at all! :cheers:
(Well, maybe except for the fact that some sites just don't like Firefox at all but there's always a workaround for those situations.)

I'm finally giving Firefox a go after I had a really long run with both Chrome and Opera for more than 10 years.
I've also had to take the time to set it up properly with extensions and privacy options just like I want to and I am not complaining at all! :cheers:
(Well, maybe except for the fact that some sites just don't like Firefox at all but there's always a workaround for those situations.)
I haven't used Firefox since 2010.

I been using Google Chrome more on my PC than Vivaldi lately. Vivaldi has become rather slow, especially when using Facebook. I mostly use Microsoft Edge to generate AI images or to possibly use the Natural Voices for if/when I want to do certain media projects or for personal use for voice acting.

Yes, Google Chrome is a more-popular web browser because most websites load faster and more smoothly than Edge or Firefox.

Back