What changes have you noticed since the update (08/01/08)?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 422 comments
- Improved vehicle sound at idle

- changing the tyre-grade from S3 to R1 now achieves a significant increase in P.P

I, however, dislike the not being able to quit online races. They should activate this feature only for the host; doing so for non-hosters makes very little sense. If you need to quickly change races, such as when you realise that you had forgotten about the organised race event you were meant to attend and/or miscalculated the time length of the current race, not being able to quit the race makes it intensely annoying - the only other alternative is quitting the game and restarting. The only benefit I can see is that the racers have, well, one more person to race against should that person decide to keep on racing (even if he has been punted out on every corner). I don't possibly see how this is a benefit on the whole. 👎

Last edited:
Quitting online races is pretty much frowned upon unless you're having real issues. I dislike drivers who bail out just because they're at the back of the pack.

Being punted by a punter should really only happen once in a race, twice if you're unlucky. You have to take yourself out of those situations where you leave yourself wide open to being pushed off the road. Not easy I know, but practice makes perfect.

i really like this update. Downloaded in 30 mins at once (!!!), installed and now game engine is cleaned and much more smooth in fps (i'm in sd res), tyres have the right sound and they even turned "the real scaring simulator" in pro mode to perfect simulation. No "on ice" feeling of high powered cars, you have now more control and even drift or spin if you like it, but not spinning into sandtraps all the day on 1/5th of gas and rotate in 250 km/h like it was on ice. I knew those nuts who learned the old "on ice" pro simulation the hard way will scream, but i like the new pro mode to the bone. I really love newly discovered delicacy of f599, ford gt and even nsx-r. They are perfectly nailed and thanks to pd for that! Now i'm really playing. Like the new penalty decisions also, no more penalisation of naturally used little shortcuts and really well punished wall riding. New sounds are more homogenic and believable and i like them too. But still no real colission physics as the cars are still bumping to each other and the track objects the funny way.

1++:)

Here is a video which I recorded before 08/01/08 update. Compare the sound of M3 for that what is it now. You hear a clear difference at low RPM. (But you can hear the difference only when you are using in car camera.)

In which race/event/game mode are you able to start from the stands with starting engine ? 💡

freaking the AI is deffenently more fearce and agressive....they even punt now, for instance the pack was spread out at suzuka, i was in a evo x. it was 10 out 15 laps. then i see four cars comming up moving fast, next thing i know they were fighting with me....i mean they use to fight but now. its every man, or woman for them selves....and that was just 8th place...a 350z,bmw i35,mazda rx7,nissan skyline 350 coupe...i mean i was impressed they were really going at it.. kudos pd:tup:

Really ? I did not try offline races so far, but if they changed something to the AI behaviour it would be great because I found them a little boring..

Im gonna check this out...

I noticed the 3rd person view is no longer like its stuck to the car on a rod. The car wobbles a little more and feels like the other GT series cameras.

this is a sweet update. Waiting for some new content though. The GTTV isn't fully setup yet.

Really ? Im gonna have to check this too...
This is one thing I complained about several times and I thought I was the only one who wasnt satisfied with the chaseview.
If they really fixed it it is confirmed that PD READS THIS FORUMS !

The whole game feels faster.
I was driving the Mine's GTR at Fuji and I can notice a huge difference in handling and sound.
The R8 sounds awesome now.
Beef.

Wow this sounds amazing. The update is downloading at the moment, and I hope it works as well for me as it does for all the happy people here. Imagine combining these new improvements with the Nürburgring :D

Wow this sounds amazing. The update is downloading at the moment, and I hope it works as well for me as it does for all the happy people here. Imagine combining these new improvements with the Nürburgring :D

Imagine combining this with the Nürburgring, Race-cars (Sauber C9), Pit-Stops, Tuning-Parts, 20+ Laps, Tyre-Wear... OMG :):):)

Has anybody else noticed that the strength of the force feedback of the wheel has been increased (G25, set to strength 10 in GT5P in my case)? Or is it my imagination?

Quitting online races is pretty much frowned upon unless you're having real issues. I dislike drivers who bail out just because they're at the back of the pack.

That may be true, but they shouldn't just hold someone in a race against your will. It's a dumb idea and they should get rid of it.

I also wonder this :confused:

Yes, impossible to find the answer even with Google.

I will be very grateful if somebody can give me a explanation...

I try in TT mode with the M3, but starting occurs on the track. In events, the only track with M3 is not Fuji like in the video.

:dunce:

Starting from pit happens in the limited time events (were you have say 10-15 mins to make a quickest lap time)

But that posted video he probably just drove into the pits and started filming from there, the engine start sound was dubbed in.

Has any wheel users (G25 users in specific) been noticing this happening to them?

At the beginning of an online race, the wheel will sometimes move from side to side or turn all the way to the right or left.

Has any wheel users (G25 users in specific) been noticing this happening to them?

At the beginning of an online race, the wheel will sometimes move from side to side or turn all the way to the right or left.

No never.

Some people reported that after installing the update, the wheel started to go from left to right when you have stopped the car. That doesn't have to be a G25 issue.

tonight at Fuji 750PP yes....... yanked me hard right into the wall when the lights went green.

But has been the only occurrence (so far).....

I haven't noticed it myself.

What I HAVE noticed it a much improved feeling on what the car's doing, namely the exact moment when you start to lose grip, it's all there now.

Also when I set Force feedback to higher strength (let say strength 5) and if I drive fast like 150km/h my wheel start jumping left and right like insane!! WTF

finally DLed last evening. didnt try it out too much, but i used the pad with the ford GT and i could actually drive it out of corners aggressively. i noticed the physics in regards to dropping a wheel in to the sand are much improved. and maybe i just didnt get enough in to the sand...but it seems like there is no longer auto traction control for your off track excursions.

ALSOOOOO, i detected a smoother cockpit view in the 350z...no jaggies. were my eyes just not focused or is this a reality? i noticed less jaggies elsewhere as well.

My wheel rocks side to side at the start of the race.

The cars sound so much better, with the exhaust sounds being amazing when in the aerial behind view. But I'm disappointed that the F1 car sounds just like before - to me nothing like the real car.

I'm also disappointed that there is still no free run option - any circuit, quick switch between cars and being able to tune the car as much as I want. I like to compete against myself sometimes, tuning the car and driving style to get quicker and quicker with no need for the leaderboard which prevents any tuning in the Time Trials.

Overall, though, it is great to see PD fine tuning the game in so many areas - by GT5 it should hopefully be perfect! :) 👍

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and im not reading through almost 300 posts to find out....

I just took my Mine's Skyline around Suzuka with professional physics, the AI set to level 86 and all aids, etc turned off.

Usually I can get to the front within 2 or 3 laps, however this time the front 2 cars just kept getting further & further away, best I could do was 3rd.

So has the AI got better, or have I just got worse???

Back