What competes well against the GT1 TOYOTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter Claytonb
  • 57 comments
  • 1,567 views
Now, it IS worth a note that PD totally screwed up two cars.

The Tommy kaira ZZ-II, whilst being very, very quick is not a race car. But GT3 considers it to be a race car, rather than the road car it clearly is. So yo ucan enter it in the Formula GT series.

Conversely the Toyota Altezza LM, clearly being a race car with numbers, decals and a spoiler you could strap on a Spitfire, is actually considered a ROAD car by the game, so you can't enter it in the Formula GT series.

Strange, but true.
 
The only cars that are really in the same league as the GT One are the R390 and the 787B. If you are very very good you could maybe beat it with something else like but it's sheer acceleration and speed are matched only by the the two cars mentioned above.
 
Famine:
So you're saying you can use the Altezza LM Race Car in the PD Cup and Trial Mountain Enduro?
 
Sadly not - the Altezza LM has modified parts as standard (race 'box, brake balance controller, race suspension and full LSD (which is what PD were on when they programmed it)).
 
Sorry - just had a thought...

Round 10 of the 9 Boards Challenge - one of the two races I did - was to drive a fully-tuned Honda Integra Type-R on Arcade Mode/Normal (3 laps)/Seattle. Your opponents on this race were, amongst others, the three lead GT1 cars - the TS020 GT-One, the Nissan R390 GT1 LM and the Mazda 787B. It was possible - I did, and I wasn't that high on the leaderboard - to win this race. Remember that the 9Boards rules were no AI contact, no wall contact...
 
I guess either of these stock could beat a stock AI driven GT-One quite easily:
-Mazda 787b
-Nissan R390 Race Car
-And the Toyota GT-one itself...;)
 
I Got the 787 last night and it rocks man.
Just for the record the GT1 Creamed my s2000 LM big TIME !!
Gonna get me that R390.
 
As a quick reference, can anyone tell me where i can get the Nissan R390
 
OH yes, and what FIAT is it that everyone is raving about ?

I have not seen a Fiat like this anywhere in the game !!
 
there only having a go at Ving
he loves Fiats
there is a fiat coupe turbo in the game but its not very good
 
I actually had little difficulties in beating it with the Calsonic GTR
 
Oh, ving is the only one who appears to "like" the Fiat Coupe in the game, it's not that good...the Pink Vitz (Pitz) is better. :)
 
when i first bought the fiat coupe i though ah good turbo i can do it up and use it for FR races
i done it up and it went like a piece of crap.............what a heap
 
FAMINE
I went to the Vault and there are no settings for the c5r under your name ?
 
Originally posted by Gil
You will have to mod the racing R390 to run against the Toyota. The Nissan R390 is under 500 HP when first won. The GT-ONE road car is at 600, the race car has more HP.
I don't think that's true. I just drove the stock + oil change R390 against the TS020 in the SS R11 Enduro. I started from the back of the pack, without qualifying, on T3 tires. I had the lead by lap 4 and never lost it. SS R11 is my worst track, too, and I had no prior experience in the R390. In 50 laps I had the TS020 2 laps down. Against a human-driven TS020 it may be a different story.

Actually, Gil, I believe you mean the R390 road car is under 500 hp.
 
Originally posted by Claytonb
FAMINE
I went to the Vault and there are no settings for the c5r under your name ?

Err... Sorry, what?

What on Earth makes you think that I'd have submitted settings for anything to GTVault? I've never even been there...
 
Sorry my fault, I meant to say 'Fumes' Settings bet it came out as Famine.
 
:D Don't shoot the messenger, eh? :D

I'm not a big fan of settings sites myself - you can find that settings which work superbly for one person blow hard for another.
 
Thats true, I stumbled on to it because my friend said he was going to beat me C5R versus C5R because he had found this ultimate website that gave him the perfect settings.

He got to my house, and I asked if he wanted to compare settings. Except for a large difference in LSD (Mine is more reserved for better tire wear) and some differences in ride height, he had just about the same settings as mine.

Next I was like 'Where did you get this" Seeing as how it looked so much like mine and he showed me. Gah. The Fumes set up works well for people such as this guy, who jsut needs a way to win without really wanting to find out for himself.

But yea, most settings do blow hard for each other, definite differences in Driving style.
 
I did the" like the wind race ", man it was a sweet race...

On the 19th lap i was in 1st possy, all of a sudden the 2nd place viper was catching up to me around 4 seconds every 1/4 lap, just as i begun the final lap he passed me.

into the first corner i caught his slip and he bumped into a back marker i shot away from him and ended up winning by 2+ seconds...

WHAT A RACE !!!

I now have the 787b and it rocks...
 
SHOT ALOT...

Thanx to all those dudes that helped me,
This is a awesome site
 
well im in the the gt all stars race im using a fully tricked out zz-II
and i smoke all of em except the test course i skipped it anyway im still in the lead w like 70 pts on average im beating em by like 20 or 30 seconds even races aganist thr 787b r390 or gt1
 
Alot of Racing cars can do it..I guess you need better driving skills. I would say uhm Esperante, Viper, 787B definitely, 3000GT, Supra, Vertigo..A longer list can be made..
 
I was kicking the GT One's ass all over the track in a stock Oreca Viper over the weekend. I don't know if you can beat it on every track. For instance, I had a tough time on Tokyo.
 
Back