What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
At the moment I am playing the following games:

Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
Grand Theft Auto Online (PS4)
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4)

Really enjoying the story of Yakuza 6 but not getting enough time to play it at the moment.

Still racking up hours upon hours on The Division (PC).

Playing more of Project CARS (PC) also now.
As for the Division, same here. I would like to move on to other games I have waiting in the wings but I can't pull myself away from The Division - immersive and addicting :crazy:

A whole swack of ****.

- Yakuza 0: First time with the Yakuza series. Verdict? It's good. The more I play it - the more I see how Sleeping Dogs (Another fantastic title) was very much a Western-made Yakuza game in spirit.

- Max Payne 3: It was only a matter of time considering I was binging on the soundtrack. Found a cheap copy for 360, and been having fun. Unfortunately, having to deal with a two disc game due to size sucks. Makes me wish I still had it for PS3 where it was the one disc.

PGR 3 - Whittling down the Platinum medals, one by one. The style ones, AKA the worst ones, are made incredibly easier by the winning of the Ford GT90. It ain't no cakewalk, don't get me wrong - the AI and the goals are as hard as they come - but the GT90 makes it so much easier.

SquareCells - Minesweeper meets Picross

Ace Combat 5 - Over the top story, interesting characters, and jets, lots and lots of jets. I don't know how it took me so long to get to this series. Though it does feel like I'm going to kill the controller if I have to R1 any longer...

Far Cry 5 Surprisingly good! I didn't expect much from it.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger PC HD Remaster Trilogy I'm on the third one so far.

Dynasty Warriors 9 came out earlier this year. Most of the cool weapons in that game were ripped out and are being re-sold as DLC, the open world doesn't work with the franchise's hack-and-slash formula of fast-paced battles as it makes everything excruciating slow, and whatever difference the harder difficulties makes, doesn't really matter that much. So going on that information, DW9 was a no-buy from me, but then I decided that I still wanted to play a Warriors game. So I looked on the PS Store and saw Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition for $25: A much better deal than if I were to buy DW9 for $80, despite it having a surprisingly authentic and superb (IMO) Chinese dub, which ended up being the only thing I like about 9. I expected a lot from 8, and I think it's safe to say I spent my money very wisely.

Persona 5 (PS4)
- This one's a bit on-and-off. I won't spoil any of the plot, but I thoroughly enjoyed it so much that I beat it three times. My first playthrough was on Safe difficulty as it was my first time ever playing a game like this. For the 3rd playthrough, I managed to beat most of the bosses on Merciless difficulty, and I'm planning on starting my 4th playthrough soon.

Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - Well, seeing as I'm on GTPlanet.net...then again, I'm not obligated to play it every day. It may not be my favorite game of all time, but there's no reason why it should be.

My fav game is League of Legends now. I play it through eSports platform here https://dreamteam.gg/lol/teams regularly to practice my gaming skills. I'm planning to create my owm team and take part in different tournaments. Hope one day I'll become a pro gamer.

Last edited:
I finished Far Cry 5. Amazing game! But the ending was a bit... confusing. Can't wait for the expansions!

I am currently playing Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. I know, old game... I've been wanting to play it since I saw the trailer, but kept on forgetting about it. I'm not really an AC fan myself. Played AC1 and AC2, which I forced myself to finish. I found that second game a bit buggy back in the PS3 era, and quite repetitive. Never went back to the franchise ever since.

But man, AC4 is such a different game! I can't believe what I've been missing out since 2013. the game looks gorgeous for being so old too, and OMG it is so much fun. All the stuff that made me forget about AC is gone in this game.

Destiny 2 for some reason. Currently 347 light and working on it. Daily planet milestones, a couple of strikes and some Crucible matches. Tried to solo Nightfall. Failed. Badly.

Swapped out Project Cars (PC) with Project Cars 2 (PC) a week ago.

Haven't looked back. The 2nd iteration is so much better, and I found it at a great price with season pass included.

Overall happy with the game, though it has a few issues that hopefully will be resolved.

I thought it was high time to explore one of the many games in my backlog, so loaded up Bastion. What a great game. It's very much in the old-school mould of an action/adventure RPG, and I'm okay with that. It also wasn't too much of a slog (I platinumed it in a matter of three days), which I feel is a good thing. So many games introduce a grind for the sake of it, and I'm honestly just tired of feeling like I'm making incremental progress after months (looking at you, modern racing games).

A nice change of pace this was. I'll probably explore some of the other smaller games in my library now because of it. Aiming at Bound or Journey next.

I have put a few hours into Bastion. Whenever I finally get around to addressing whatever is wrong with my computer, I need to pick it back up.

Bought Assassin's Creed Origins on Xbox, it's 50% off right now, started playing it last night, seems like it will be a fun game, love the open world setting too, combat seems engaging and fun as well.

Other than that, still playing Modded Skyrim on PC, Minecraft Battle with my son, and I'm trying to get around to playing the Crew to unlock some of the reward cars in TC2, need to make time for that soon.

I have put a few hours into Bastion. Whenever I finally get around to addressing whatever is wrong with my computer, I need to pick it back up.

It reminded me a lot of Scott Pilgrim vs The World, which is a game I've been itching to play for months now. My ex had it, and while it was on my PS3 years ago, I didn't realize deleting her profile would lock me out of it. Whoops...

Speaking of PS3, I loaded it up to continue the steady march to clear out old games. I breezed through an evil playthrough of inFAMOUS over this week to platinum it, and then promptly deleted it off the system. It's a fun enough game, but it hasn't aged very well, and I can't see myself wanting to replay it. Plus, it was one of the five free games from the PSN outage, so I think it's safe to say I got my money's worth out of it. :D

I just got my new HP Omen yesterday so I'm going to be testing its ability with Assetto Corsa, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

These were games my previous computers couldn't handle so I'm hyped to see what they actually look like and feel like on a good rig.

Before someone asks - it's the mid-range Omen with the GTX 1060 and i5.

I've decided to tackle my enormous gaming backlog with a new quarterly approach... At the start of each quarter, I pick nine games to try and finish before the next quarter.

So for the quarter starting in July, I'm playing these nine games:
Cave Story+
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Hybrid Heaven
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Shenmue
Lost Odyssey
Octopath Traveler
Trackmania Turbo
Wild Arms 3

I'm still waiting on Octopath Traveler and the Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection to be released (Got them both pre-ordered though), and I haven't yet started Link's Awakening DX... but everything else I've been actively playing this past week.

Out of these, the one that's impressed me the most is Wild Arms 3. This is an excellent JRPG with a really interesting take on traditional turn-based combat, and fun dungeons with Zelda-esque puzzles. I had a wall of text typed up gushing about it and comparing/contrasting its combat system to Final Fantasy XIII which has some similarities in the sense of it trying to make each battle more meaningful and interesting than mindlessly mashing attack (and how I think Wild Arms 3 greatly succeeds at this, whereas XIII only half-succeeds)... but I'll spare you and just give you the TL;DR: Frankly, this game is kinda brilliant.

Oh, and when I saved up enough money to buy the world map... I nearly shed tears of joy upon opening it for the first time. It's Morrowind-esque in that it shows you, with a satisfying level of granularity, which sections of the map you've traversed. Just lovely.

I recently picked up a Nintendo Switch. Until yesterday, I only had Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I have been playing MK8D quite a bit, but decided I needed another game, so I picked up Super Mario Odyssey. I have only put a few hours into Odyssey. I am somewhat struggling to adjust back to a controller after playing exclusively on a PC for the past five years, the vast majority of which was with a mouse and keyboard.

Well I finally bit the bullet. I will be building a new computer. I have ordered components.

I recently picked up a Nintendo Switch. Until yesterday, I only had Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I have been playing MK8D quite a bit, but decided I needed another game, so I picked up Super Mario Odyssey. I have only put a few hours into Odyssey. I am somewhat struggling to adjust back to a controller after playing exclusively on a PC for the past five years, the vast majority of which was with a mouse and keyboard.

Well I finally bit the bullet. I will be building a new computer. I have ordered components.
I still play stuff on PC with a pad. I gave up on mouse/keyboard years ago. Having said that I don't play FPS on PC.

I'll be buying a Switch in five months or so myself.

Skyrim Very Special Edition. For giggles.

Reminds me of playing Crowther and Woods' "Colossal Cave" game back in the day

Edit: Playing on iPad using the Alexa app

Currently playing

• Forza Motorsport 7 (XBOX ONE)
  • Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
  • F1 2017 (XBOX ONE)
  • Forza Horizon 3 (XBOX ONE)
  • Battlefield 1 (XBOX ONE)
  • MotoGP 18 (XBOX ONE)
  • Gravel (XBOX ONE)

I don't normally juggle that many games but right now I'm playing:

The Crew 2- having a hard time putting this game down, it's very fun, and you can play it at your own pace which is nice. Exploring is insanely fun, I have found a lot of really cool areas and some easter eggs too.

Assassin's Creed Origins- was just getting into this game before The Crew 2 came out, still playing it but in bits an pieces. Just about to travel to the third area in my game, this game is gorgeous visually even on an non-Xbox X model and the gameplay sort of reminds me of Prince of Persia.

Skyrim SE (PC)- Next to the Crew 2, it dominates my game time, I finally have a mod list that overwrites just about every texture in the game so it looks fantastic, especially for a 7 year old game. My newest favorite mod is Lean Wolf's Better-shaped weapons, swords look like swords now, not paddles, oars, etc. Don't know how I played without this mod before. I also have a mod called imaginator which make my game (almost) look like I am running an ENB, game looks so colorful now. Sometimes I just pause and stare at scenery with my jaw on the floor.

Elite Dangerous- Finally started slowly playing this again, there's at least 4 new ships that I want to check out. Flew out to Jameson memorial to check out the Krait and the Chieftan, both look great. The Krait is a med-range ship like the Python but it can be equipped with a fighter bay, whereas the Python can't. It looks intriguing and I have 342 million (cost of the ship is 42 million) right now, so I have more than enough, probably will go with the Chieftan first though, it's only 14 million

Back