Votes: 181 50.0%
  • Bumper Cam

Votes: 131 36.2%
  • Hood Cam

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Im A Noob So I Use Behind Car View

Votes: 25 6.9%

• Total voters
I find it almost impossible to use anything but behind car view for drifting. For anything else I'll just go with what I feel like. GTPSP is impossible to play in chase view though, the car is huge! It feels pretty immersive in bumper view too, so I am using that right now.

I was using the bumper cam previously, but having since gone back to GT4 and coming from a few weeks of NFS: Shift i feel that there is no better view from the Cockpit. One thing that kept me back was the switch from left to righthand drive but that compromise has since subsided.

The thing is that i never really tried the cockpit view as i always thought i would see less. As that is obviously the case, it does actually bring a lot more energy and fulfillment that is much needed in a racing sim.

I find it almost impossible to use anything but behind car view for drifting. For anything else I'll just go with what I feel like. GTPSP is impossible to play in chase view though, the car is huge! It feels pretty immersive in bumper view too, so I am using that right now.

As in my previous post I mainly use the cockpit view now. (last one :sly:) But i do find it easier to use the rooftop view for drifting personally.

I find it easier to drift with the cockpit view, but I find the bumper cam is best for racing due to the broadened visibility it gives you.

No contest, in car view all way because the interiors are stunning, it’s the most realistic and natural and it gives you an obvious distinction between each car, reinforcing the feeling you are actually driving a different car.

I used to use bumper cam all the time.

I've recently started using the in car view which for Gt5p is rendered brilliantly for each car, when I've been using the same view in Ferrari Challenge I can't always make out the rev counter but I've never had this problem with Gt5p

I use chase view. The main reason being in past GTs i could see the back end spin out. But on bumper cam i found you only felt the back end slip out when it was too late to correct it. (Quite a big problem, because i always tune my cars to be very oversteery, although less so in GT5P)

Recently i have been trying out in-car view and it is much better than bumper view, because you can 'feel' the back end slipping out. I still need more practice with it, so i'm sticking to chase view for now. When i eventually buy a G25/G27 wheel i will switch to in-car view and never go back. I don't think using a wheel would work with chase view, it just doesn't look right and i bet it doesn't feel right either.

Nobody seems to discuss screen size.

"in-car view" on a 20" just takes to much view on the road away, for that "bumper view".
In replay "in-car view" is just a lot nicer to see.

With this thread I went to experiment a bit when drifting, find it quite an effort to change the references where to turn in and when to steer when changing from one view to another. So I guess you have to be really convinced to change or start with a new car/track with the new view.

I always use the in car view unless I Feel like cursing around admiring the detail of the cars.
I even use the "in car" view on GTPSP.

Back