What will be the first car-track combo you drive in Project Cars?

..and 30mins to complete a lap.

See told you, you would laugh. A lap should take about 12 minutes or so, maybe less because of how a cart will be able to corner without to much braking. I think the bumps will slow down a cart more than the corners. But this will be a great test of the physics of the game.
A 250cc Superkart is faster on short to medium length tracks than most race cars. The problem on the Nords is the bumpiness of the track, the unforgiving curbs and the longer straights where the Superkart will lack some top speed. If you can keep it on the track, I'd say a lap time around 7:00 would be feasible. Here you can see a Superkart lapping the Nurburgring Sprint Circuit in around 1:28 or so.

Speaking of karts, reminds me of this hybrid kart I drove in GT5 and my plea for shifter karts in GT6, which I take full credit for of course:sly:. My first every Youtube video, shot from my phone:lol:

A 250cc Superkart is faster on short to medium length tracks than most race cars. The problem on the Nords is the bumpiness of the track, the unforgiving curbs and the longer straights where the Superkart will lack some top speed. If you can keep it on the track, I'd say a lap time around 7:00 would be feasible. Here you can see a Superkart lapping the Nurburgring Sprint Circuit in around 1:28 or so.

Speaking of karts, reminds me of this hybrid kart I drove in GT5 and my plea for shifter karts in GT6, which I take full credit for of course:sly:. My first every Youtube video, shot from my phone:lol:

I'd like to go back to the Nurburgring to blast around it again one day as I never really noticed all this bumpiness people keep going on about when I went there. Yeah sure, it's got a few more bumps than say Silverstone but the reality is it's like driving on a smooth carpet.

I wonder if you will be able to change the gearing on the carts? Put on a lower toothed sprocket on the rear axel, higher toothed sprocket on the clutch, or a larger diameter tire. All would give the kart a higher top speed.

As i practiced a lot at monza (gt5) these days, I think I might drive a "normal" car around that track at first. Just to get a good comparison.

I'm starting to drift towards a Proto car like the Radical or Palmer Jag around Imola, then go back and drive around every single track in alphabetical order in any random car.

and that's just the first night!

My first car/track way back was the Asano now Audi R18 at Bologna, now Imola.
My first car and track of today however was the Ginetta Junior at Brands Indy
Followed by a career race in the Junior at Oulton Park.
So much win

Mine would have been the Ford GT40 MKIV at Curcuit de la Sarthe but, the limited edition (PS4 disc version) isn't sold in the US

PS4 user :gtpflag:
Track: Monza, with 24 hour cycle scaled to 1 hour
Classes: LMP1, GT3
Entries: 30 cars
Car: BMW Z4 GT3 or Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Controller: Pad

Latest Posts

Back