[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
The Z4 GT3 is my second most driven car in GT6, only the Carl Edwards 2013 NASCAR beats it, so I can easily spot those awesome but huge rear fenders. Not only that, I'm usually watching Blancpain GT Series to see how's Team Brazil (yellow #0 Banco do Brasil Z4) is doing with Cacá Bueno driving it hahaha

Ah, I see, you are a huge fan of the Z4 GT3, gotcha. It does indeed help that Team Brazil is running one, therefore only making the car more likeable in your eyes. No wonder you know the car so well, haha.

Why you say that? I have some kind of crush on Lambos, especially the LP560-4, LP570-4 Super Leggera and now the Huracan LP600-4. :D

'Cause I'm a good guy, that's all. Besides, I ain't that interested in the Gallardo. However, the idea of a C7.R being somewhat plausible is mouth-watering stuff for me, but then I have to consider the fact that I already have a set livery for the Nismo GT-R GT3... Argh, my GM self is clashing with my JDM self again, hate it when that happens. And the car list is still a W.I.P, so imagine that...

Nah, we just hit up Roush Racing and 'borrowed' an engine from them, restricted it, and called it a day.

Not our fault Greg Biffle is now missing an engine. :P

So you got a Roush Ford V8 unit in there? But aren't those too slow to be properly run in a racing car?

Zing! :lol:

Nah, we just hit up Roush Racing and 'borrowed' an engine from them, restricted it, and called it a day.

Not our fault Greg Biffle is now missing an engine. :P

I'm still wondering what you will do to that V12 then. :lol:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Audi R8 LMS**
Audi R8 LMS Ultra (2012)
Audi R8 LMS Ultra (2014)
BMW Alpina B6
BMW Z4 GT3 *
BMW Z4 GT3 '11**
Callaway Corvette Z06.R - Spec II
Callaway Corvette Z06.R - Spec I
Ferrari 458 Italia - 2012
Ferrari 458 Italia - 2013
Ginetta G55
Lambda Performance Ford GT
Matech Competition Ford GT
McLaren 650S
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Nissan NISMO GT-R - 2012
Nissan NISMO GT-R - 2013
Porsche 997 GT3 R '13
Lamborghini Gallardo - Version undecided
SaReni Camaro - 2012
SaReni Camaro - 2013
SaReni Camaro - 2014
SRT Viper GT3-R*

Fixed fer my slight pedantry :P

The Z4 GT3 is my second most driven car in GT6, only the Carl Edwards 2013 NASCAR beats it, so I can easily spot those awesome but huge rear fenders. Not only that, I'm usually watching Blancpain GT Series to see how's Team Brazil (yellow #0 Banco do Brasil Z4) is doing with Cacá Bueno driving it hahaha

Good to see another Z4 driver from GT6, felt like I was alone for abit there :lol:

So you got a Roush Ford V8 unit in there? But aren't those too slow to be properly run in a racing car?

Zing! :lol:

Well, Penske and Roush run the same engines (provided by Roush Yates) so RFR issue is not with the power. :lol:

Well, it was bound to happen; we are already in full "dank memes" mode. We are indeed a strange bunch, hahaha. :lol:

Well, Penske and Roush run the same engines (provided by Roush Yates) so RFR issue is not with the power. :lol:

Well, then it's mostly Roush's incompetence which causes them to be a laughing stock, I guess. My NASCAR knowledge isn't entirely up to snuff, if you catch my drift. :lol:

@rallymorten Getting the ball rolling already, and so many changes, including moving the series away from the RACE channel. Really the only questions for me are this: Do I try the team thing? Do I still have an agreement with VAG? If not, WTF do I use?

I WILL be in regardless.

Well, then it's mostly Roush's incompetence which causes them to be a laughing stock, I guess. My NASCAR knowledge isn't entirely up to snuff, if you catch my drift. :lol:
That it is.

Well my BMW loyalty will remain intact so no worries about VAG for me :P

Totally taking the Maetech Ford GT. I know just what the livery will be... (And I'm sure everyone is going to love it!)

I'm in of course. Might be a while before I decide on a car thought, so much sexyness in one list :drool:

Might go with the Aston Martin or the SLS AMG unless there's any teams that have a vacancy.

I haven't been in any past GTR2 series, but I'm considering it...

*watches as mostly everyone changes their minds*

(From most people in this series I still come off as a bad driver :nervous: , but hopefully that's not the case now.)

Team is registered, looking at the 997, R8, Lambo, or Viper. If the 350Z was an option I'd think about that one too.

@theformidlog it's all AI, so I doubt you can be worse than mine is regularly. Give it a go, what'll it hurt?

Team is registered, looking at the 997, R8, Lambo, or Viper. If the 350Z was an option I'd think about that one too.

@theformidlog it's all AI, so I doubt you can be worse than mine is regularly. Give it a go, what'll it hurt?
Alright, alright, I'll do it.

To start off I might just join a team and then later (if there are any more seasons) make my own, not sure yet.

Totally taking the Maetech Ford GT. I know just what the livery will be... (And I'm sure everyone is going to love it!)

Hmm.. might it be what I thought of doing had I not signed with Ferrari? (Ford GT LM Spec II tribute?)

Oh yeah, and the backstory of this:

I doubt you can be worse than mine is

..is just incredible :lol:

I am starting to think the AI is smarter than we'd like them to, because for some reason it's always the same people at the back :lol:

That reminds me, handicap ballast might become a thing this season, if people want it?

I am starting to think the AI is smarter than we'd like them to, because for some reason it's always the same people at the back :lol:

That reminds me, handicap ballast might become a thing this season, if people want it?

Smart A.I. on a GTR2 B-Spec series? Such heresy! :lol:

And regarding ballast, I'm fine with its usage, if the effect is actually more than just skin-deep stuff. If the racing can remain somewhat balanced without it, then there is no need for handicap ballast.

I may have to join this just because Ginetta :dopey: Besides it sounds like it could be a laugh:tup:

Last edited:
A little bit of what has been (and an even smaller bit of what is still to be) done to the Ferrari:

GTR2_2015_09_27_22_10_40_489.jpg

Templates and signup hopefully available tomorrow!

Yep.

The whole thing about teaming up will mostly have to be done on here, so, for the time being, it's the same for all sorts of teams. You're free to go one-man-army when we get there :)

Decided to go with Aston. If any other Aston drivers want to hook up a team-mate, send me a PM. I also have an idea for a livery based on the Bilstein N24 car, just with the yellow replaced by white and Irn Bru logos rather than Bilstein.

Aston-Martin-Bilstein-V12-Vantage-GT3-1.jpg

Swift Autosport team owner Seth Smith is reportedly in talks with four different car manufacturers, as well as two tyre manufacturers. A final decision should be made in the next few days.

I've decided to go with a Matech Competition Ford GT. @iName and I could team up, or if he decides not to, I can fly solo. By the way, when does this thing start, or is it still TBA?

EDIT: I've decided to go solo. I think it'd be more intresting (for some reason).

Last edited:
Auckland, New Zealand- At the RTi base today, team boss Amelia Neild announced that the team would be jumping feet first into the GTR2 GT3 World Series championship. "I'm super excited for us to be competing in this. It's a great opportunity to get the team noticed and help to spread the RTi brand. I'm thrilled to be able to announce my sister, Jamie Neild as the lead driver in our team, and I'm equally as thrilled to be able to announce that we will be racing the Ginetta G55 GT3 car this season. Ginetta is known for their lightweight sports cars, and we believe that it is the ideal base to create our challenger. At the moment, there isn't anything to say regarding our sponsors, however, expect the livery to feature some form of our dark and light grey team colours. For the moment, that is it. There will be more news in the coming days and weeks."

Back