[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
Team Owner Camyron Jackson Announces that Jackson Racing will be competing in the series. The team has already decided that it will stay with BMW power as it goes from the M3 of the past season to the Z4 for this season. So far, sponsorship will include Playstation so expect the same livery currently in Super GT under the "Playstation Team Technocraft" name to appear with the other major sponsors to be announced at a later date.

Team chief, and overworked driver, B.K.Glover has announced that he will continue to follow the constantly changing GT championship. What he didn't disclose is if the team will expand, simply stating that if circumstances reveal themselves it will determine if such action is taken, or even if after last season's utter disappointment they will keep running Porsches. The certainty, though, was that last year's driver, Gregory Dammit, was no longer a part of the team at all.

GREENBEAST Motorsports has decided to move up in motorsports to participate in the GT3 World Series! They will be using the Matech Competition Ford GT this season. Team Boss, Roman Green, is feeling very good and well prepared for this season. "Ever since we were a karting team, and now moving up to here, it's going to be a dramatic change, but in all my years that I have been with this team, I trust and have trusted them them to work their hardest no matter the challenge, no matter the car, no matter the track. I have faith in both my drivers, Cody Brusser and Adrien Chevalier, that we will not only finish, but finish on top." More news to come...

The small-time racing team "Total Control Racing" has been shut down, but some members of Total Control have formed a new team named "Nameless Motorsports". They had participated in the Le Mans round of the RGT series, and the Lightweight GT Series.

They are going to run a Matech Ford GT, a powerful mid-engine American supercar modified for racing, that has been proven across many circuits.

Team owner Lenard Ross is a small-time team team owner, who formed a team after his success in the GTSEC series
(It's a mod for GTR2 that I use a lot). His team was "Total Control Racing". It also was a tuning garage, where supercars would be tuned to be more controllable. After poor results in racing, sponsors started dropping, and the team eventually had to shut down. The tuning garage was eventually abandoned due to low profits. Determined to get back into the Motorsports world, he formed a new racing team: "Nameless Motorsports".

We met up with Mr. Ross and asked him about his new team:
"I didn't want to just throw in the towel after Total Control went bust, we just kept getting noncompetitive cars, and, in some cases, drivers. Fortunately, I was able to establish some partnerships with other manufactures and racing tech companies. Matech provided the car, and Ford provided other things such as the engine, transmission, and all that good stuff. I feel like we finally got a winning car."

He had also hired a new driver, who was a teammate of his during his time in GTSEC, Stefan Bellof.
"We had dominated GTSEC for two years in a row, and I know he has the smarts to make a good team. I also know that we'll be competitive, I'm behind the wheel."

Mr. Ross also told us how he got some of his sponsors:
"Some need convincing, others I had to act like somebody else so they wouldn't look at me as that guy that ran down a racing team! (Laughs) However, our main sponsor Polyphony Digital came to us, so we got very lucky. I got to meet Yamauchi-san, and now we have Gran Turismo 6 to help train for certain circuits. It's a huge advantage."

With their entry into the RACE GT3 World Series, hopes are just as high as expectations. Mr. Ross has stated that he is very nervous that history may repeat, but still optimistic about the future.

"We might crash out in every race, or win every race, you never know. Regardless of any doubts, I still believe that we have good shot of at least making top ten. At this point, that's all I could ask for, because then we'd know that we're here to stay."

-RACEtv

SRT Press Release

SRT Confirms Viper Available For GT3 World Series Teams

GTR2_2015_09_28_07_13_01_748.jpg

American sportscar manufacturer SRT has today confirmed that the GT3-R version of the Viper will be available for teams wishing to enter it in the GT3 World Series.

A spokesperson from Chrysler was quoted:

"We know the Viper is very much competitive in the sports car segment, and given the racing pedigree of the car, it was a simple decision to offer it to interested teams."

"We've kept all the traditional Viper values in the racing version: an 8.4 liter V10 up-front, all the power the driver will ever need and a little more, rear wheel drive, extra aero parts to improve cornering - everything that defines a racing machine can be found on the GT3-R."

"We're confident the car is capable of bringing SRT to the top 5 of the manufacturer's table by seasons end, and maybe even score a podium finish or two."

Other news:

Template pack uploaded!

It can be downloaded here (currently only available in .psd format - .psd plugins adviced!)

Car registration now available!

It can be found here (please note that every one of you can only enter one car, with two names at most attached to it)

Only the R8 LMS Ultra (which largely - if not entirely - can use the regular LMS template) and BMW Z4 non-'11 version (say, @RACECAR , aren't you using that exact car in Super GT? Any chance you could send the template over? :) ) are now without working templates!

OP updates with further information on liveries coming later today. Basically what you need to know is that we're still operating with a primary, a secondary (for up to four rounds) and a Spa special livery. These will only count for the actual season, so if you want to use something completely different for the preseason rounds, you're free to do that. That, and there is no such thing as numberplates on the templates themselves, because they have to be created individually for each car, meaning that once a car has been registered, I'll begin working on the numberplate and send it to those responsible for that car. It'll then be your job to put one on each side (mandatory) and, if you want to, one on the front, back and/or roof. There are no actual requirements on the size, but it must be reasonable considering its position. And yes, I will check to make sure it's fine and make aware of it if it isn't :)

Last edited:
Only the R8 LMS Ultra (which largely - if not entirely - can use the regular LMS template) and BMW Z4 non-'11 version (say, @RACECAR , aren't you using that exact car in Super GT? Any chance you could send the template over? :) ) are now without working templates!

Of course I can you bug-eyed dummy, should've asked in the first place :P
BMW Z4 E89 Template (Includes both body and windows for the 2010 and 2011 cars)​
Audi R8 LMS-Ultra Template (Includes both body and windows for the original LMS and the LMS Ultra)

Also just to make your decision easier regarding the Gallardo:

LP560 GT3:
4207-2.jpg

LP600 GT3:
Leipert_Lamborghini_Gallardo_2011.png

FL2 GT3:
73223e4aa1d80c3a1e881e5a4b9d32b7.jpg

Kinda bummed not to see a update featuring the Extenso as it kinda improves the looks of the FL2 somewhat.​

Last edited:
Ahm, by now I'm pretty sure there's a problem on my end.

The '11 version (which was what I meant :dunce: ) is just as broken as usually:

upload_2015-9-28_9-44-46.png

..and the R8 Ultra is no different.

We're not even 24 hours in and we're already having technical issues :lol:

Nope.

Paint.Net with .psd plugin.

So unless there's something in it literally only Photoshop can do..?

Nope.

Paint.Net with .psd plugin.

So unless there's something in it literally only Photoshop can do..?

I just asked because it was just strange how it worked for me but not you. Let me see if I can get a Paint.net friendly version for you.

Also, I'd actually like to put together a numberplate for you if you don't mind.

I just asked because it was just strange how it worked for me but not you. Let me see if I can get a Paint.net friendly version for you.

Also, I'd actually like to put together a numberplate for you if you don't mind.

I owe you a lot if that's possible!

And, you know, I'm always open to suggestions :)

Just tried it myself in paint before I started converting and it works just fine for me.

Out of curiousity, what version of Paint.net do you have? Is it 4.0.6?

I do, but no .psd plugin for that version (long story short, I might have two different versions and things get confused).

Don't tell me that's where the problem is.

I do, but no .psd plugin for that version (long story short, I might have two different versions and things get confused).

Don't tell me that's where the problem is.

Two different versions of Paint.net or PSD plugin?

If the former, then that unfortunately might be where the problem lies.

Also, @swiftsmith and everyone else, I can paint your cars if need be. My school schedule is pretty relaxed so I can get some good time in to do so.

Ahm..

I might have 3.5.something and 4.0.6. somehow running alongside eachother :lol:

Just copying everything over to 4.0.6. as we speak. Hopefully that fixes everything.

Ahm..

I might have 3.5.something and 4.0.6. somehow running alongside eachother :lol:

Just copying everything over to 4.0.6. as we speak. Hopefully that fixes everything.

Was going to say that might've been your problem. Mine would not open XCF files even with the proper plugin. As soon as I updated it to 4.0.6, worked brilliantly.

So, I removed 3.5.something, reinstalled 4.0.6., copied all plugins from 3.5.something over to 4.0.6. and updated the .psd plugin, and now it works just fine.

I feels so schmartzy :dunce:

So, I removed 3.5.something, reinstalled 4.0.6., copied all plugins from 3.5.something over to 4.0.6. and updated the .psd plugin, and now it works just fine.

I feels so schmartzy :dunce:

Figured that was it. Paint.net is one of those finicky programs that demand an update before it does anything you want with the plugins.

Figured that was it. Paint.net is one of those finicky programs that demand an update before it does anything you want with the plugins.

Well, I guess that sorta goes hand-in-hand with GTR2, then :lol:

Thread title also pretty much says everything about what's going on :D

After two days of team owner Seth Smith going back and forth with multiple manufacturers. The team has decided to go with the Callaway Corvette Z06.R- Spec I. Sadly, Swift Autosport will not be receiving full factory support from Callaway or Chevy.

The team would also like to introduce their two new rookie drivers Erik Mitchell, Erik is a young English men who has spent the last two seasons driving in the Pirreli World Challenge Series for LG Motorsports. His co-driver is two time BTCC champion Jim Owen.

To end this announcement Swift Autosport would like to Introduce Falken Tire as the manufacturer that will once again supply the team with all of their tires. When asked about the new tire contract Seth had this to say "It feels good to have Falken back supplying tyres for the team." No word yet on who will be sponsoring the team but rumors are speculating that either Red Bull or Monster will make a come back. More news on these announcements coming in the next few days.

Ok so here is my first attempt at the Number decal, featuring two versions:

Regular Season:
GT3 World Series Number Decal (Regular Season).png

Spa Special:
GT3 World Series Number Decal(Spa Special).png

Ok so here is my first attempt at the Number decal, featuring two versions:

Regular Season:
View attachment 453207

Spa Special:
View attachment 453208

Well, they're certainly big, so the size shouldn't be a problem :lol:

What I had in mind (taking an example in my car):

GTR2S3 official number plate example.jpg

Oh yeah, and, speaking of tyres, all cars can do following tyre suppliers (purely cosmetic, I promise!)

Avon
Dunlop
Falken
Hankook
Michelin
Pirelli
Toyo
Yokohama
Blank

The 650S also has textures for Bridgestone, but other cars can just use blank for that.

Well, they're certainly big, so the size shouldn't be a problem :lol:

What I had in mind (taking an example in my car):

View attachment 453209

Oh yeah, and, speaking of tyres, all cars can do following tyre suppliers (purely cosmetic, I promise!)

Avon
Dunlop
Falken
Hankook
Michelin
Pirelli
Toyo
Yokohama
Blank

The 650S also has textures for Bridgestone, but other cars can just use blank for that.

Well I had basically repurposed a Number decal and it just so happened to be huge so no problem noticing it :lol:

I can do that if you want, give me abit.

LOS ANGELES, CA- The GTR2S team, STARtec Developments, revealed their entry for the regular season at the Croatian Hall in San Pedro as a media event.

The car used would be a BMW Alpina B6, which were all loaned by some Canadian dude named James, maintains the BMW partnership.

The two drivers were a shock, as rumored driver Austin Cindric wasn't even at the event. Yuki Nagato from Nishinomiya, Japan returns as the second driver. The new driver, Shinka Nibutani, from Ota, Japan, debuts as the first driver. Media were stunned by the absolute inexperience in the team's choice.

"Whoever is running that team is on crack," described Matt Yocum, who was invited to the event. "Nagato isn't even best girl."

"Why did they let little girls drive the car again?!" Said Kyle Petty.

"eeerr that's my girl you f-" Said Josh Steele, some Kiwi.

With STARtec set, team owner Pancho Villa Jr. and team director Rhys Millen have a lot to prove.

Last edited:
So, @GTRacer22, have you found that C7.R template yet? Just wondering...
Working on it....

In the midst of all the chaos surrounding GTPlanet B Spec Series, Corvette Racing has made their announcement that they will be taking part in the GTR2 GT3 Series. The car of choice will be an old-spec Callaway Corvette Z06.R Spec I (w/canards), fit with the usual Compuware and SiriusXM sponsorship. The car will also be sporting Michelin slicks.

The two drivers for the car have also been announced. Driver 1 is Jacob Descoteau, hailing from the USA. Giulanio Ansaldi takes the second spot, with the nationality of Italian.

While the team works on building the Z06.R, they'll start planning for possibly converting to their C7.R. It will also feature the same sponsorships and tires.

LOS ANGELES, CA- The GTR2S team, STARtec Developments, revealed their entry for the regular season at the Croatian Hall in San Pedro as a media event.

The car used would be a BMW Alpina B6, which were all loaned by some dude named James, maintains the BMW partnership.

The two drivers were a shock, as rumored driver Austin Cindric wasn't even at the event. Yuki Nagato from Nishinomiya, Japan returns as the second driver. The new driver, Shinka Nibutani, from Ota, Japan, debuts as the first driver. Media were stunned by the absolute inexperience in the team's choice.

"Whoever is running that team is on crack," described Matt Yocum, who was invited to the event. "Nagato isn't even best girl."

"Why did they let little girls drive the car again?!" Said Kyle Petty.

"Nice." Said Josh Steele, some Kiwi.

With STARtec set, team owner Pancho Villa Jr. and team director Rhys Millen have a lot to prove.

Random Kiwi appearance made me laugh. Nice "press release", Bayne-man. :lol:👍

Working on it....

In the midst of all the chaos surrounding GTPlanet B Spec Series, Corvette Racing has made their announcement that they will be taking part in the GTR2 GT3 Series. The car of choice will be an old-spec Callaway Corvette Z06.R Spec I (w/canards), fit with the usual Compuware and SiriusXM sponsorship. The car will also be sporting Michelin slicks.

The two drivers for the car have also been announced. Driver 1 is Jacob Descoteau, hailing from the USA. Giulanio Ansaldi takes the second spot, with the nationality of Italian.

While the team works on building the Z06.R, they'll start planning for possibly converting to their C7.R. It will also feature the same sponsorships and tires.

Sure thing man, I don't want to rush things anyways, we still have plenty of time before the actual seaon starts. As I said, I was just wondering whether you had it ready or not...

Sure thing man, I don't want to rush things anyways, we still have plenty of time before the actual seaon starts. As I said, I was just wondering whether you had it ready or not...
You want the C7.R, don't you? :P :lol:

You want the C7.R, don't you? :P :lol:

You may not know, but I am a major fan of the C7 Stingray, and an even bigger fan of the ZO6 version. If I can have the chance of racing one in this series, I want it badly. :sly: :lol:
If you want, I can even join you in your 'Vette team, with only one condition; I do want a sponsor of my own for the car, and I'll try to implement it myself if possible. How's that?

Back