[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
..and that's the quota for at least one real-life-replica/tribute filled, and it couldn't be a better one 👍

That SRT Viper will look amazing in that livery, very good choice! Should've been the car's real life livery in the first place, somebody contact Oreca!

M-Bison-Of-course.gif

That's my childhood right there.
Thanks. Would you also be interested in doing another scheme as well (this one most likely for Spa)?

I plan on replicating a Corvette Racing livery for my car. Not sure which one. It'll be kept a secret. :P

Some things just don't last very long... And you know why?

76_Viper_test.jpg

When it seemed that the two SRT Viper entries would remain separate, a bombshell dropped on the GTR2 Series' world. In an unplanned press conference, SRT driver Taylor Comstock and the female leader of SRT Motorsport Quincy Girlkin decided to bring forth a surprise new guest. Two of them in fact; none other than Portugal's Nico Costa and North-American Victor Blue, drivers of the recently signed #76 SRT Viper GT3.R, who are now members of the SRT Motorsports team. In the process, Nico dropped all his plans of being an Independent entry, and forgave his intentions of creating a team of his own ownership.
For Costa and Victor, the offer came as a surprise; during a testing session in the track of Willow Springs, a personal stomping ground for ex-factory SRT driver Blue, Quincy approached both drivers, offering them a spot in the newly-revived SRT Motorsports team, a team which was born out of the shut-down Chrysler operations that ran rampant all across the racing world. But after figuring that joining a factory-backed team would improve the two drivers of the #76, Victor advised Costa to accept and approve his status as an official SRT driver. From now, both the #76 and the #87 will be a part of a 2-car operation within SRT's headquarters, with all four drivers racing under the SRT Motorsports banner.
One image was recently posted by SRT Motorsports in their official website, where four sponsors can be seen alongside a SRT Motorsports logo, possibly engraved in a Viper body. According to the On The Back Straight magazine, these four logos represent sponsors for both the #76 car as well as the #87, including American television channel Food Network, Japanese media company Bandai Namco, alongside American tire company Dunlop and oil mogul Pennzoil, the last two representing technical partners of the entire SRT operation. More sponsors are rumored to join the team at a later date, including lingerie company Victoria's Secret and GoPro.
All four drivers were present at the surprise announcement, with the #87 being represented by England's Taylor Comstock and Czech Republic's Christapher Moravec, while the #76 will be driven by Portugal's Nico Costa and America's Victor Blue. Bandai Namco will be the #76's main sponsor, whereas Food Network and Victoria's Secret will adorn the #87.
With two, factory-backed SRT Vipers, and four very eager drivers, SRT Motorsports seems to be preparing a strong and consistent season. The GT3.R, a former TUDOR United Sportscar champion car, has been widely promoted by SRT, who claim that the car's 8.3 V10 engine, as well as the improved aerodynamics, will bring forth a strong contender for podium finishes and many races in the top 5 positions. Whether this will come true or not, one can only wonder how much will this team impress throught this year's season...

Thanks. Would you also be interested in doing another scheme as well (this one most likely for Spa)?

M-Bison-Of-course.gif

Also @rallymorten , here's the number decal for the cars you are painting (and anyone else):

Attachments

• GT3 World Series Number Decal V2.zip
    213.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
How about if someone describes it to me.

The numberplate? It's a multi-layered .psd file, which has several country flags and two different "number fonts" of some description. It already has some layers turned off, so I guess those ones aren't necessary.

Hey, RACE? Perhaps you should add a Portuguese flag, since I am racing in this. Although I may actually have to use the American flag as I have joined SRT Motorsports, but...

Well I did find another picture of similar flags (Including Portugal). However, I can't seem to get them in the same shape as those (or find them already in that way). If I could find someone to get them in that exact same shape, then definitely.

Thanks.

Anyway @RACECAR I was thinking for the Spa scheme I was going even further retro. Like the old Blue and White scheme seen in GT2.

Will take me abit to pull that one off proper, but I'll see what I can do.

Well I did find another picture of similar flags (Including Portugal). However, I can't seem to get them in the same shape as those (or find them already in that way). If I could find someone to get them in that exact same shape, then definitely.

Alright, thanks for checking it out, but if the nationality in the numberplate has to match that of the team's, then I may not be able to use a Portugese flag on mine.
Also, another (probably silly) question; regarding the numbers, do we have to use the layers you created (the "regular" and "Spa" things), or can we use our own number fonts?

Hours after releasing information about the entry of the #10 Aston Martin into the GTR2 GT3 World Series, the team announced that it will be entering a second car, the #11. The car's lineup was announced to be team owner Ryan Perlstein, and Scarlett Hartman of New Zealand. The #11 will be sponsored by Pepsi, and is planned to be run the entire season.

Can I request the help of someone who's more competent at painting than I am? :P I was hoping for this livery (green exchanged for dark blue, and the red changed to white), with the British flags exchanged for American flags and the sponsor changed to the one I mentioned. If somebody could help I'd be very grateful. :3
31adb9-Aston_Martin_DBR9_24h200711.JPG

Alright, thanks for checking it out, but if the nationality in the numberplate has to match that of the team's, then I may not be able to use a Portugese flag on mine.
Also, another (probably silly) question; regarding the numbers, do we have to use the layers you created (the "regular" and "Spa" things), or can we use our own number fonts?

For the sake of simplicity, the same number font you see there.

My Lambo body is almost done... gonna work on the windows next and then try to get GTR2 and this GT3 mod (@rallymorten link to the mod would be nice if possible :D) to see how it looks.

Hmm... and how do I change it? I can't seem to able to use the Text tool to edit the layer itself, am I being dim-witted about the way to work with that font?

Are you using Photoshop?

Back