What's the ugliest new car on sale today?

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T
  • 272 comments
  • 13,103 views
Driftster, do you ever have anything positive to say?

The ridgeline is even uglier than a Dodge M-37, which wasn't even built with loojs in mind. Also, I think the Ridgeline is a dumb idea as a truck,because isn't it a unibody? The commercials say it's got an integrated frame. Above all, it's a Ho_da.

I think the SSR is kinda cool.
 
I love the Ridgeline, but I can understand why some might not like it. It definitely has an love it or hate it type style.
 
But whether you love it or hate it, there's no way you can say that the Ridgeline is "badass". I'm sorry, it's just not. It looks like it would break if you drove over the first big rock.
 
Well duke, if I got a ridgline I wouldn't be going offroading in it..
You know why? It's a brand new truck..
i'm not going to go and make an attempt at ruining something I just purchased.
If you wanted to do that feel free..Whatever floats your boat and drains your wallet..
More power to you..

But give me a Truck, that gets great gas mileage..
Has a waterproof trunk inside the bed, with a drain plug.
And i'll show you the deffinition of party on wheels....
Bad ass party on wheels.

As for everyone who finds the SSR appealing...More power to you aswell, i'm obviously not one of you, nor do I EVER see myself liking that truck in any way other than if it were given to me for free.
I think it's ugly..ugly ugly ugly..

My Idea of another "nice truck"
Ram 3500
 
If you're buying a "truck" and you're scared it will break from doing its job, then you didn't buy a truck, you bought a poser.
 
The Ridgeline is crap. Buying a Honda Ridgeline makes about as much sense as buying the Caddy Escalade EXT. The EXT looks better than the Ridgeline but neither of them are ever gonna get used as a truck they're just gonna be garged.
 
Duke
If you're buying a "truck" and you're scared it will break from doing its job, then you didn't buy a truck, you bought a poser.
You guys got to be kidding me. Do you really think Honda is targeting people who's looking for work trucks and off-road vehicles? Most consumer's idea of "off-road" is a gravel road while goin' camping. It's obviously an crossover vehicle with a flexibility of an SUV, and its' small bed will allow you to carry stuff that might not fit inside an regular SUV. That bed can't be any longer than 5.5 ft, and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that this "pickup" wasn't designed for heavy duty hauling.

Ridgeline would be perfect for me, because 1)I love the design 2)I like outdoors, but will never go off-roading(unless my life depended on it) 3)I'd love to own a pickup, but don't need a full-lengh bed.

You guys think Ridgeline a poser. If a guy like me get a pickup truck or off-road truck that I don't need, that would make me a poser. News flash: Not all guys are "pickup" man. :D
 
Duke
If you're buying a "truck" and you're scared it will break from doing its job, then you didn't buy a truck, you bought a poser.

👍

Welcome to my Signature. :lol:
 
I have to get out of my system that I think the rear of the Merc CLS is horribly ugly. It looks like someone pinched a loaf the way the rear is so squeezed off.
 
If the Ridgeline hasn't gotten enough hate here, let me just add my small beef to it...

Any pickup in which can't comfortably sit the six guys in your workcrew in the back while doing an on-site transfer is pretty useless. That bed lip has GOT to be changed.
 
the honda ridgeline no matter what you fanboys say, SUCKS.
front wheel drive TRUCK?

ridgeline=posermobile
 
Driftster
Has a waterproof trunk inside the bed, with a drain plug.

One question:

If it has a waterproof trunk why does it also have a drain plug?
 
svtsnake
the honda ridgeline no matter what you fanboys say, SUCKS.
front wheel drive TRUCK?

ridgeline=posermobile
Wow. I can't argue that. :lol:

Firebird
One question:

If it has a waterproof trunk why does it also have a drain plug?
To drain the water? :D
 
a6m5
Wow. I can't argue that. :lol:
if honda wasnt targeting people who wanted work trucks and off roading, who did they target?
you? 1 person, i have only seen 3 ridgelines since they were first introduced, thank God nobody is stupid enough to buy a worthless truck. 👎
 
svtsnake
if honda wasnt targeting people who wanted work trucks and off roading, who did they target?
you? 1 person, i have only seen 3 ridgelines since they were first introduced, thank God nobody is stupid enough to buy a worthless truck. 👎
Oh, man. I can't argue you! They marketed their truck for me, and you have seen only three them. Calm down a little. ;) No need to get hot over some Honda!

OK. Have you noticed that a lot of people who buy trucks and SUVs don't go off-roading or carry that much stuff? It's my opinion Honda was targeting those people with Ridgeline.
 
im not pissed its just funny how your only excuse is: "honda marketed it for people like me, people who dont go off roading/towing".
with that said honda made a vehicle thats huge that really has no purpose right?
i mean if everything it does is half assed, why would it be anything else.
 
svtsnake
im not pissed its just funny how your only excuse is: "honda marketed it for people like me, people who dont go off roading/towing".
with that said honda made a vehicle thats huge that really has no purpose right?
i mean if everything it does is half assed, why would it be anything else.
Sounds like you're picking a fight with me. Look. I like to go shooting in the woods(sounds bad, I know). I can't go with my lowered Altima, so I'm forced to ride with my buddies, who has SUV or pickup. It's bumpy, but not a real off-roading. Also, there are some things that you can't haul inside an SUV. Maybe it's dirty, wet or too big. These new types of trucks(like Sport-Trac, crew-cab pickups,etc.) realizes that. It's for casual hauling, not F-250SD profile hauling. No purpose? Says you. There are many types of people/consumers, not just you and the people you know.
 
good point i mean, if you dont want a real truck just buy a ridgeline.
half assed and about the same size as a half ton.
 
svtsnake
good point i mean, if you dont want a real truck just buy a ridgeline.
half assed and about the same size as a half ton.
Yeah, and I agree with you. I don't think you can compare Ridgeline to a real truck, and I wouldn't want it if it was a real truck(I'd rather go for the new F-150).

You call it "half assed", I call it "flexible". :sly:
 
The thing is, Honda went out of its way to try to make the Ridgeline look 'tough' when it is clearly not and was never intended to be. What's with the high stance, blocky fenders, big tires, and Decepticons front clip? It's trying to cash in on a real pickup truck's image...

...when it clearly doesn't share a real pickup truck's abilities, purpose, or buyer base. Which makes it a poser in my book. If they had made a butch Accord version of the Subaru Baja, but actually nice looking, I wouldn't have a thing against the Ridgeline.
 
Duke
The thing is, Honda went out of its way to try to make the Ridgeline look 'tough' when it is clearly not and was never intended to be. What's with the high stance, blocky fenders, big tires, and Decepticons front clip? It's trying to cash in on a real pickup truck's image...

...when it clearly doesn't share a real pickup truck's abilities, purpose, or buyer base. Which makes it a poser in my book. If they had made a butch Accord version of the Subaru Baja, but actually nice looking, I wouldn't have a thing against the Ridgeline.
I agree that Ridgeline's looks are really masculine, but I'm not about to blame Honda for that. I'm sure they didn't want Ridgeline to look like a minivan or CR-V. However, from what I've seen, I do think the Honda marketing is making Ridgeline look like a tough truck, capable of serious off-roading, which is kind of misleading. Many manufacturers mislead the consumers though. Good example might be with average cars that performs like a BMW M5 in the TV commercials. Or my Altima 2.5s that look like a luxury car, when it's only a Taurus competitor. Many people thought I bought a $30,000 car, when I first got it.
 
Worth mentioning...

saab-9-3-05.jpg


Anyone that buys this DOES NOT HAVE TASTE... :yuck:

tundraStepSide.jpg
 
Yes the step side Tundra is terriable.
 
The Saab's awesome, unless you are talking about the bike rack..... On Tundra, I think it's the best looking truck I've ever seen....... Just kidding. :p
 
While ugly as sin, I really like the engineering on the Tundra. I believe its better then the Silverado in many sense, although the F-150 is much better.
 
BlazinXtreme
While ugly as sin, I really like the engineering on the Tundra. I believe its better then the Silverado in many sense, although the F-150 is much better.
I don't care how advanced that truck might be. Unless the resale value is double the purchase price or something, I'd never buy it. :D
 
I don't think I would buy it either since if I bought anything other then a GM it has a good chance of being keyed in the parking lot at work.
 
BlazinXtreme
I don't think I would buy it either since if I bought anything other then a GM it has a good chance of being keyed in the parking lot at work.
That's nothin', dood. I got like three dents on the driver's door(huge ones), one on the left-rear door and another one on the trunk lid. I forgot to mention about the huge crease, also on that left-rear door and I got key scratches as well. I wonder if these idiots realize how much damage they are causing, just for their idea of fun. I hope they get hit by a bus. 👎 :grumpy:
 
svtsnake
the honda ridgeline no matter what you fanboys say, SUCKS.
front wheel drive TRUCK?

ridgeline=posermobile

FWD...
eek3.gif
 
Holy crap! I can't believe I haven't found this yet!

IMO;

Chevy SSR
Chevy Cobalt
Cadillac SRX
Chevy Equinox
Chevy Malibu
Chrysler Crossfire
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Honda Insight
Hyundai Accent
Pontiac Aztek
Pontiac Vibe
Saturn Ion
Saturn Vue
Chevrolet Uplander
Hummer H2
Hyundia Tuscon
Kia Rio
BMW 7 series front fascia
 
Back