Whats with the "mini" updates?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 106 comments
  • 10,693 views
Just got another min-update today. I have no clue as to what it did, it would be nice if we were kept updated as to what these mini-updates contained.
 
Thats what she said

Ok. I'm a kid too (15 to be exact) and I understand that jokes like this are humorous at times, but this isn't the site for these kind of jokes. So come on, let's be serious and respond to this thread like we should.:)
 
Did anybody else see what the Chaparral cars we're priced before? Was thinking of getting one for the historic cup. They are 4.5 mill now

1.00 is somewhere around 17 million for the J and 14 million for the C
 
Seems like the update may have sorted the personal music problem a bit, my music is now playing and not stuck on the same two songs. I'll test a bit more to see if this is right or am I just crazy.
I believe the first mini update changes some options with the photo mode, you can no longer change modes, that's completely gone, with filters left in it's place.
 
I report a mini update today.
The content seems larger than the penultimate mini update ...
 
Ok. I'm a kid too (15 to be exact) and I understand that jokes like this are humorous at times, but this isn't the site for these kind of jokes. So come on, let's be serious and respond to this thread like we should.:)

Net Police!
 
Saidception...We have to say deeper.

But to avoid ze mods's ire, I'm liking the mini updates they are doing though I would appreciate a log of sorts.
 
Ok. I'm a kid too (15 to be exact) and I understand that jokes like this are humorous at times, but this isn't the site for these kind of jokes. So come on, let's be serious and respond to this thread like we should.:)

Sorry for having a sense of humor. I'll make sure I never try to make someone laugh again on GTPlanet.....

Lighten up.
 
It's nice that the game receives some attention but at the same I also dislike the fact the changes are so subtle that we'll never know exactly what they do.
 
I'm 31..

What exactly did she say?

Maybe it was one of those note-worthy speeches that has been overlooked when we're tallying up humanities' greatest moments?
 
Don't worry about it too much. Even mods have a sense of humor.

It's not that I'm worried about it, I hear that joke a lot from my family members and friends from school, so it has grown stale for me. Plus, I'm not into jokes like that. But everyone is different, so I guess I'll leave it alone.

As for the mini updates, yes, I've been seeing the same thing, but they don't bother me. The price changes do bug me. I just hope that the payouts become a little bigger.
 
Update number 3.24234

added ; to line 324203 of function audi_v8_sound.

added { to line 9834899 of function charge_a_bunch_of_money_for_a_small_amount_of_credits

etc, etc. [/sarcasm]
 
Im pretty sure one of the mini updates recently had actually updated Lexus' VisionGT page with a new concept art image of their planned concept car, almost seems like a Lexus-ified version of the 86 :P
 
Thats what they said.
image.jpg
 
I like the constant small updates. Less time consuming that big ones plus it tells you they have a real sense of urgency to get things updated. They could wait a week or two and do bigger patches but they do them nearly every day now.
 
After the most recent mini update I started getting a brief pause when you cross the finish line, and another when you press to start the race. Is anyone else getting that or is it just me?
 
Just done another mini update; BMW M4 is now available to purchase for 120,000.

*edit* It also has it's own new seasonal event.

*further edit!* Do the seasonal before buying the car for 120,000. You win the car for golding it!
 
Last edited:
Why would it be?

First thought was useless posts. But on second consideration, Mods wouldn't close the thread because of humor. I'm done talking about this. It's clear I was in the wrong.:)
 
They normally come out and tell us what it is they are fixing though. Just find it surprising there is no mention anywhere.

No they don't, PD usually try to fix things they find after release before the general population sees it. If anyone recalls GT2s big blunder that need mass recall to fix the game. Or the broken transmission tuning in GT5 for the first few weeks that called for a small patch fix, then you soon start to see that PD want to get things taken care of before people have more reasons to be mad at them.
 
No they don't, PD usually try to fix things they find after release before the general population sees it. If anyone recalls GT2s big blunder that need mass recall to fix the game. Or the broken transmission tuning in GT5 for the first few weeks that called for a small patch fix, then you soon start to see that PD want to get things taken care of before people have more reasons to be mad at them.

There was generally updates and official release info for the updates in GT5.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...ed-brings-2014-corvette-stingray-as-free-dlc/

While every update didnt have the info attached from PD, there was certainly a lot of them that didnt keep us guessing !
 
Im pretty sure one of the mini updates recently had actually updated Lexus' VisionGT page with a new concept art image of their planned concept car, almost seems like a Lexus-ified version of the 86 :p

Nope, it's been the same ever since I first popped in GT5, which was release day.
 
Back