Whats with the "mini" updates?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 106 comments
  • 10,695 views
Don't know if i'm just simply being a slowpoke, or if it's ALWAYS been there since day 1, but i recall in replays, not having any in car view to choose from. As of playing tonight, I've noticed that there are 2 in car views back, in replay mode.

Did i just miss them the first time 'round or have they been patched in ?
 
There is a difference between major patches and small under the radar glitch fixes and patches. Also showing me examples at the end of GT5's production life isn't a good start.

That was just one example ! they were pretty regular from what i remember.
 
That was just one example ! they were pretty regular from what i remember.

And this length of memory goes how far back, cause PD aren't very sociable and communicative to their fans.

Also if they were so informative why are you now 3 small patches into the unknown?

Though the front pages of GTP should tell you what one of them is for already.
 
You tell me ? All i am doing is asking the question of what the small patches are for.

Mate, if im wasting your time go and do something else, you obviously don't know the answer so why come across with that tone ?

Thanks for telling me to read the info on the BIG patch again......if you find out about the little patches be sure to let me know.

Oh, and just for you LMS, here is a change-log from october 2011, a big update i know, but the info was there for all to see !

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-2-01-released-new-b-spec-seasonal-event/

Cheers
 
Don't know if i'm just simply being a slowpoke, or if it's ALWAYS been there since day 1, but i recall in replays, not having any in car view to choose from. As of playing tonight, I've noticed that there are 2 in car views back, in replay mode.

Did i just miss them the first time 'round or have they been patched in ?

From what I see, Always part of it. It is not available on the replay after the race is done, only when you select replay on main race menu.
 
Don't know if i'm just simply being a slowpoke, or if it's ALWAYS been there since day 1, but i recall in replays, not having any in car view to choose from. As of playing tonight, I've noticed that there are 2 in car views back, in replay mode.

Did i just miss them the first time 'round or have they been patched in ?
Those were patched in I can verify they weren't in the original 1.01 update. They also changed the camera for photo mode with the first mini patch which removed the mode 1,2 and 3 settings.
 
After the most recent mini update I started getting a brief pause when you cross the finish line, and another when you press to start the race. Is anyone else getting that or is it just me?
Yes I have experienced this quite a few times mostly when you press start race like for five seconds sometimes longer...
 
Just done another mini update; BMW M4 is now available to purchase for 120,000.

*edit* It also has it's own new seasonal event.

*further edit!* Do the seasonal before buying the car for 120,000. You win the car for golding it!
dont even need to gold, i got it with bronze.
 
some fixes sharpen the times needed to gold lic tests and missions ....
 
They should tell us what they have done with these mini updates. How are we to fully benefit from these updates if we don't know what has been changed or fixed?:confused:
 
Last patch probably unlocked BMW M4 . GT6 > notifications > news > revealing BMW , It is in BMW dealership now for 120k .:D
 
They should tell us what they have done with these mini updates. How are we to fully benefit from these updates if we don't know what has been changed or fixed?:confused:
Some of them may be fixes for things we didn't even know were broken. So they probably don't want us to know. Could be as simple as typos in car descriptions or some default car set up being changed, or something as serious as if you try to race split screen using a Subaru '68 and a Fiat '65 the game crashes and deletes your save game.
 
Some of them may be fixes for things we didn't even know were broken. So they probably don't want us to know. Could be as simple as typos in car descriptions or some default car set up being changed, or something as serious as if you try to race split screen using a Subaru '68 and a Fiat '65 the game crashes and deletes your save game.
Thats true. If they told us we would just complain more lol.
 
They were changing PP values of some cars (mostly race cars) for sure (or they tweaked PP calculation method).
 
Just booted up GT6 for the first time. Received a single 1.01 update. Nothing more.

Whats going on?

Japanese version.
 
Just did another mini update, I had black screen afterwards and had to reboot my console which resulted in my system having to restore....does PD hate the PS3 or something? Every time I have to hard exit GT, I have to reboot my system and then it restores. So much restoring surely cannot be healthy for the system. These mini updates happen frequently and if I have to restore every time....ugh. :ouch:
 
Just did another mini update, I had black screen afterwards and had to reboot my console which resulted in my system having to restore....does PD hate the PS3 or something? Every time I have to hard exit GT, I have to reboot my system and then it restores. So much restoring surely cannot be healthy for the system. These mini updates happen frequently and if I have to restore every time....ugh. :ouch:

Same here. New mini update, new system lock up.
 
Just did another mini update, I had black screen afterwards and had to reboot my console which resulted in my system having to restore....does PD hate the PS3 or something? Every time I have to hard exit GT, I have to reboot my system and then it restores. So much restoring surely cannot be healthy for the system. These mini updates happen frequently and if I have to restore every time....ugh. :ouch:

Just happened to me! Is everything OK after the system restore!?
 
Yeah I did the system restore and when I booted the game everything was normal....but I am not really enjoying restoring my system every couple of days due to PD :grumpy::nervous:
 
Yes it's all fine! First time it's happened to me so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones
 
Black screen after "mini" update is NOT normal. It`s total BS. I don`t want my system to be checked every time PD wants me to "mini" update. These issues "black screen", "3-beep-exit" start annoying me. Really. Really really.
 
Yup, black screen here too. Gotta love these updates.
 
You know, you don't have to restore your PS3 everytime GT6 causes it to freeze. If you kust hit circle when that screen appears, it should return your PS3 to normal. So far, I haven't had that happen with GT6, but it has happened with GT5 numerous times. When I restart my system, I get the send error report screen first. After that the restore system screen appears. I usually restore my PS3 once a month so I don't have to sit through the wait every few days.
 
You know, you don't have to restore your PS3 everytime GT6 causes it to freeze. If you kust hit circle when that screen appears, it should return your PS3 to normal. So far, I haven't had that happen with GT6, but it has happened with GT5 numerous times. When I restart my system, I get the send error report screen first. After that the restore system screen appears. I usually restore my PS3 once a month so I don't have to sit through the wait every few days.
I've never tried that I'll try it next time it happens to me
 
Back