Which book are you currently reading?

I've read A Short History of Nearly Everything about 5 times now, it's amazing. I am now hooked on the subject of space time, big bang theory, planet formations. Sounds geeky but it's an addictive subject.

I know exactly what you mean. I get the interest of my dad, and his dad I guess. I have always got 90%+ marks on space tests in school it's just so intriguing! The sam Neil 'space' series (I think it was him) was amazing aswell.

Anyway, back to 'notes from a small island'

:D

Jonathan Kellerman - Bad Blood

I took this huge history book on my latest trip, as I do on all. The writing is so sludge-ish I tend to fall asleep after the first few pages, but I just couldn't keep going with it on this trip.

Jeremy Clarkson On Cars.

I'm obsessed with his writing now, so far I've read Born to Be Riled, and another one which I can't remember.

Jeremy Clarkson On Cars.

I'm obsessed with his writing now, so far I've read Born to Be Riled, and another one which I can't remember.

As much as we all love JC, he just seems to 'play to his crowd' a bit too much for me.

aside from the Jonathan Kellerman book, I'm in the process of listening to the whole Chronicles of Narnia collection on audiobook... and I'm reading this book on the side:

I was going on a sprint to see how fast I could read The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Which has all books, but The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul. I read it in 2 days, which is good considering It's 806 pages.

A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. One I read a really long time ago but since I'm planning on going hiking here in a few weeks I thought I would get in the mood with a good story about it.

I'm reading The Alchemist again. It is one of those stories that makes you feel subconsciously different for a few days after you finish it. It is also one of the most sold books of all time. It is an easy, short read that I would recommend to absolutely anyone who knows how to read any of the 56 languages it's been translated into.

OK, so I finished Michael Schumacher: The Edge of Greatness by James Allen.

It was very good. Not the book I'd have picked (and I'm a Schumacher fan) but I'm very glad it was gifted to me and that I read it. I have a much better understanding of Michael now.

I've now started on The Driver by Alexander Roy.

I just started to read Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, I'm barely into it so far, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it, as I loved its sequel, Sweet Thursday

Giorgio Fatelli - Yo Mato.

Haven't found an english title of it, but it would translate to "I kill". I'm reading it in Danish as my italian is non-existent..

Do audio books count? I started listening to Stephen Hawking's "A Briefer History of Time" this morning on my way to work.

Currently going through this one. It's not really that good, since the killer stuck to a pattern and through it killed 22 people... so after the 4th description it all gets pretty systematic. Also, the murders occured in the 1920s, so there's really not that much material regarding forensic and police investigations. Still, it's interesting.

Reading World Champion by Gregor Grant, a neat non-fiction book which covers F1 from 1950 to 1958 (published in 1959, after the death of Mike Hawthorn), and even some time before. I have gotten most of my 1950s F1 references from here.

I've now started on The Driver by Alexander Roy.
And I'm done.

Not bad, on the whole. Being a Gumball fan, the best bits were the blow by blow recounts of the Gumball battles. It was also very good to get an insight into the background that Alex put into the Gumball efforts, and the beind-the-scenes of the some of the stuff you don't see on the DVDs.

Initially, I thought this was going to be an auto-biography. And, in some ways it is, however I believe there's an underlying constant of fiction in there.

I won't go into too much detail about it, but:

• he's used it to tie the individual events in the book together
  • it's incredible enough that I don't think even he could believe it
  • the story starts with him in Paris at 19 trying to write the next great American novel and I think he couldn't help himself but throw this 'extra' bit in

A good book though, and I'm happy I've read it. It's been dulled(?) a little to be accessible to those ignorant of Gumball, but I don't think it needed to be - I'd have preferred it to be less patronising and aimed at a smaller market.

Following on from that, I'd recommend it to anyone with an interest in Gumball, but if you don't even know what Gumball is then The Driver is probably of no interest to you.

I'm now going to start on Gang Leader For A Day by Sudhir Venkatesh. I've been looking forward to it, I hope it pays off. :)

Going off your small review I picked up The Driver yesterday, it's quite good so far.

I'm reading "The Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens...Don't ask, simply put its a English assignment. Why we didn't do this near Christmas I don't know...

I just read the Great Gatsby for school. My advice to you: Don't.

It's not particularly intriguing, confusing in its nonlinear timeline, and 60% total monotony.

I imagine I'll get flamed for this; apparently there are a lot of fans of the book, but I can't find any merit.

Now that I'm actually reading a real book for the first time since...over a year ago, I'm reading The Driver by Alexander Roy. I just got it today. The most exciting and interesting first 26 pages of any book I've ever read.

Going off your small review I picked up The Driver yesterday, it's quite good so far.

Now that I'm actually reading a real book for the first time since...over a year ago, I'm reading The Driver by Alexander Roy. I just got it today. The most exciting and interesting first 26 pages of any book I've ever read.
👍 👍 👍

Where'd you guys get your copies from? I got mine from Amazon.

Back