Which Gr. will you spend most of your time racing?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 148 comments

Which Gr. will you spend most of your time racing?

• Gr.1

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • Gr.3

Votes: 147 74.6%
  • Gr.4

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • Gr.B

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • Gr.N

Votes: 61 31.0%

• Total voters
Gr. 3 will be my home. Alot of cars in there thst I really want to try. Jag, Mustang, Hyundai, Aston, Vette, Ferrari and so on and so forth. VGT? Not so much. Toyota FT-1, and Lexus whatever-it's-called.
You can't deny the Nissan 2020 Concept VGT looks good in a proper livery like these. :drool:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I am so gonna recreate these! :bowdown: Thank you, Yasid. These are absolutely brilliant!

One thing that worries me tho about this, how is going to work the Manufactures' cup if it will have to race all the groups?? Because so far, all the brands doesn't fill all the groups with one respective car, at least :confused::confused:. I mean, Hyundai has the N2025 VGT for the Gr.1 and the Genesis for the Gr.3 (and probably for the Gr.4 and Gr.N), but doesn't have any for the Gr.B; Ford has the same issue for the Gr.1 and Gr.4, and Ferrari just has 1 car so far (running for the Gr.4 probably). I know there's still 5-6 months to see all the car rooster, but it's a little concern this to me...
That's no different than real racing. Not every series or level of competition has the exact same manufacturers represented. I don't expect any Ferraris or Lambos in N200 for example.

This has been confirmed?
Actually no. In the video below they explain the balance of the FIA events' cars or tunes of them. But the information is quite unclear in my opinion. In the video starting @ 8:40. At the end Kaz explains that tuning will be possible - but does he mean in general in GTS?

Why would they be? Real FIA series allow setup changes.
This is virtual. I don't believe they allow tuning in official FIA online races. It would be much more simple to approach the FIA weekend events with fixed tunes and pre-balanced cars.

Can you tell what they exactly mean when they talk about the balance of the cars and tuning? I could be wrong of course.

Again, I don't see why. Setting up a car is an integral part of racing, I don't see why they would take that away and that video does indeed say you can change the setup for racing.
Well let's think about the FIA online finals, wherever they will be held/driven. I just don't believe the cars will be tunable there or in the process, like in GT Academy.

You should absolutely be able to adjust the suspension etc, to setup your car for a particular track even in official FIA races. Fine tuning the handling is normal practice for any race.

Complicated how? It doesn't take long, and being able to tune a racecar is part of a racing driver skillset.
It would be more swift as an event and I don't think the spectators would like to watch/wait tuning. Tuning ability could benefit a real driver but it isn't a must.

It would be more swift as an event and I don't think the spectators would like to watch/wait tuning. Tuning ability could benefit a real driver but it isn't a must.

Why wouldn't the cars be tuned before the event? We don't sit and watch Lewis Hamilton's car being tuned either.

No it is not. It is an Engineer skillset.

Well true, what I meant is being able to feel differences and tweak the setup to your preference is a skill. Of course in the real world drivers aren't the ones with the spanners but most will know what changes they want and could do it with a menu like given in a game. At least with the basics.

Only the race will be broadcast - I suspect that the live events will have provision for the contestants to warm up/practice etc, before the actual races begin.

However I do suspect that tuning won't be allowed in these events anyway, though I think they should.

Actually no. In the video below they explain the balance of the FIA events' cars or tunes of them. But the information is quite unclear in my opinion. In the video starting @ 8:40. At the end Kaz explains that tuning will be possible - but does he mean in general in GTS?

This is virtual. I don't believe they allow tuning in official FIA online races. It would be much more simple to approach the FIA weekend events with fixed tunes and pre-balanced cars.

Can you tell what they exactly mean when they talk about the balance of the cars and tuning? I could be wrong of course.

In referring to the official events Kaz specifically says, through Translator-san, that you won't be able to bolt on parts to make 1000 hp cars but "it's not like you can't tune the cars at all". "You can do all the setups you need to do to set up a racing car for the track".

In other words, tuning is a part of the game, including the Sport Mode official events. It's possible you may not be able to tune at a public event where the drivers gather in one place but, at this point, that's pure speculation.

That's no different than real racing. Not every series or level of competition has the exact same manufacturers represented. I don't expect any Ferraris or Lambos in N200 for example.

I agree with this, but with fictional cars or/and fictional specs, you could create cars to fill in classes. We already didn't expect the mustang rally car for example.

I'll take a guess and say that the 2020 will be Gr. 1, since the GTR is already represented in Gr. 3.
Just because the GTR GT3 it's on the gr.3 doesn't mean Nissan can have another Gr.3. PD/Ford made two machines (Mustang and Focus) for the Gr.B for example!

Just because the GTR GT3 it's on the gr.3 doesn't mean Nissan can have another Gr.3. PD/Ford made two machines (Mustang and Focus) for the Gr.B for example!
Yes you could be right but we must consider one thing...
You can race For your country or For your fav car brand...
To race only For a certain brand lead me to think that all brands in GTS Will have at less one car in each Group...
With 5 Groups kniwn and 137 cars it's something like 25 brands...

There are 140 cars and 28 manufacturers discovered. That's 5 cars each if done that way. Might by 10-20 Nissan's thought...

Yes you could be right but we must consider one thing...
You can race For your country or For your fav car brand...
To race only For a certain brand lead me to think that all brands in GTS Will have at less one car in each Group...
With 5 Groups kniwn and 137 cars it's something like 25 brands...
We do know of the 5 groups, however we don't know much about the group B. These almost certainly will be restricted to rally and Kaz's own words were that he was still unsure exactly how the rallying was going to fit within the structure of GT Sport. I'm doubtful that group B will have any inclusion in the FIA championships so I wouldn't expect a group B car from each manufacturer.

With the way Group 4 is starting to look, it looks like I will probably be racing in there quite a bit, alongside Group 3. Can't wait.

Not gonna lie, Group 4 is suddenly beginning to look like one of the two categories I will spend a lot of time in. Got an interesting selection of cars and aero that seem at times similar to GT4 ( A category I've been getting more into the past few years).

I'll be honest. If I was worth to ever get the game, Group B will mosty be the class I will spend the most with. Because you know, rally. ;)

I also like the way those cars look as well.

Back