Which Gr. will you spend most of your time racing?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 148 comments

Which Gr. will you spend most of your time racing?

• Gr.1

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • Gr.3

Votes: 147 74.6%
  • Gr.4

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • Gr.B

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • Gr.N

Votes: 61 31.0%

• Total voters
I'll probably be jumping around mostly in the N-Gr. 3. I really dig LMPs and GT1s, but for whatever reason just end up not using them as much as road cars and GT/touring classes. Same with rally cars, though I may use them a bit more if there's a healthy amount of content to support and drive them with (GT5 and 6 did a poor job of that).

I'm curious to see if there's any more classes yet to be announced, there seems to be enough unrevealed cars for it to be so. There might be room for multiple performance levels on the rally front, maybe even an offroad N-class or two - in fact, extending from that, I'm really interested in just how many classes there are in the N-series. I'm predicting the N(number) to be indicate something along the line of the regulated class HP, and that there'll be around 3-5 classes within Gr. N, but it'd be really cool if it ends up being a semi-dynamic spec that works somewhat similarly to the PP system in the last two games, allowing cars to hop to different performance levels through performance upgrades/mods and BOPs. So you could have N200, N225, N250 (etc.), each jump allowing a little more power/weight or aero - you could grab a near-stock MX-5 and run it in N200, or get a little crazy with mods, beefing its HP and aero, and make it competitive with a stock or near-stock Huracan in N500 (or wherever it fits in this imaginary system). This would allow a lot of really interesting fields on track, and would be particularly useful for the brand (and in fact even individual vehicle) loyalty that PD seem to be pushing this time around. But now I'm dreaming.

If the N-class is anything like that then I'll be spending pretty much all my time there. If not it'll still probably take the majority as it'll still have a wider range of cars than the other classes, regardless. No idea where exactly in the performance range I'll linger the most, though.

Looking at the photos you can download from the gt website in the ones dedicated to the tracks there is always written the class of the cars too...

Some are listed as Gr.3 some as Gr.N and some as Normal (no Gr.1 Gr.4 Gr.B in these photos)...
The Normal look Like regular road cars while the Gr.N cars look like the ones you can male in GT6 with bodyparts, Racing plates and so on...

My idea is that we Will get something similar to GT5... You can upgrade the road cars with external and internal parte and build Gr.N "amateur racers" or you va apply a race modification to turn the road car into a Racing car of the appropriate class...

For example we can see in various photo the Mustang in road car version, tuned Gr.N version, Gr.3 version, Gr.B version...

Despite the presence of the TS030 (Hybrid just kicked in yo) and the Bugatti VGT, I'm likely gonna do more hot lapping in GR.1 then actual racing. Just generally not all that impressed with the combo. While the Mazda LM55 and Hyundai N VGT are ok (at least those could be Garage 56 cars), the others are just...out of place. The Tomahawk is better off as a Track toy as is the Bugatti. Therefore, GR.3 and GR.B will be my time wasting classes (and whichever class features GT4 class cars or CTSC GS and ST class cars). At least with GR.3, there are enough GT3 cars and believable looking GT cars that its possible to have a realistic class (so the concern with the Volkswagen and Peugeot VGTs can easily be more easily dealt with). Plus if we can host our own races AND with the livery editor, we'll solve that problem in no time.

Gr. 3 will be my home. Alot of cars in there thst I really want to try. Jag, Mustang, Hyundai, Aston, Vette, Ferrari and so on and so forth. VGT? Not so much. Toyota FT-1, and Lexus whatever-it's-called.

Not sure what Gr. B is but most of my time will most likely be spent in the Gr. 1 or Gr. 3. I might spend a little time in Gr. N but prolly not a whole lot. MAJORITY of my time will definitely be in the Gr. 1 class. LMPs are my favorite cars to drive. They were my most driven cars in GT5 & GT6 and majority of my hours in Pcars is from the LMP class. So in GT Sport, it won't be any different. If PD brings in the TS040, Expect to see it in all black with a "BlackOut" Livery on it. I will NEVER stop driving that thing :lol:

Tough question.
Too many cars yet to be revealed.

The thing that crosses my mind most is 'why PP values'?
Apparently we won't be able to make 1000HP GT-R's.
So do we get to do anything, does PP only change with aero and ballast, or is it just an arbitrary number?

More details required before choosing a favorite group for me.
But if I had to make the call right now it would be GR. 3.
It's probably what I'm most comfortable with.

Last edited:
The thing that crosses my mind most is 'why PP values'?
Apparently we won't be able to make 1000HP GT-R's.
So do we get to do anything, does PP only change with aero and ballast, or is it just an arbitrary number?

I might be wrong but haven't we only seen PP in those early garage screenshots, the one with cars having an (S) after them? It could therefore be that PP was still present as a carryover in early code and won't actually be used in the game. As you say now they have classes it seems unnecessary.

I might be wrong but haven't we only seen PP in those early garage screenshots, the one with cars having an (S) after them? It could therefore be that PP was still present as a carryover in early code and won't actually be used in the game. As you say now they have classes it seems unnecessary.
You could well be right.
And from what we know so far, definitely makes sense.
But certainly not only with cars labelled (S).
All cars.

On the other hand though I have seen variation from GT6 PP values to GTS PP values.
And obviously I don't know/question why.

As an example, we have the VW VGT - 2 versions we have PP values.
The (S) model has less than the GR. 3 model.
But both have less than the GT6 model.

*Edit
I could be wrong with the 'less' statement there.
Gimme a sec, need to refer to Youtube. :lol:

Last edited:
You could well be right.
And from what we know so far, definitely makes sense.
But certainly not only with cars labelled (S).
All cars.

On the other hand though I have seen variation from GT6 PP values to GTS PP values.
And obviously I don't know/question why.

As an example, we have the VW VGT - 2 versions we have PP values.
The (S) model has less than the GR. 3 model.
But both have less than the GT6 model.

*Edit
I could be wrong with the 'less' statement there.
Gimme a sec, need to refer to Youtube. :lol:

Yeah I didn't mean it was only the (S) cars, just mentioned that so you knew which image I was referring to. I would guess they're different from GT6 because they've probably tweaked the system a little bit, it definitely wasn't perfect so makes sense. They probably still used PP as a base to balance the classes but will hide it for release if it's not relevant. That'd be my guess anyway.

Yeah I didn't mean it was only the (S) cars, just mentioned that so you knew which image I was referring to. I would guess they're different from GT6 because they've probably tweaked the system a little bit, it definitely wasn't perfect so makes sense. They probably still used PP as a base to balance the classes but will hide it for release if it's not relevant. That'd be my guess anyway.
Sure.
I have no issues with that theory.

Turns out I can't find the VW clip I wanted.
But it was a bad example as the one I found was almost perfect with GT6.
On the other hand the Mazda VGT is now 653 - used to be 717
The Alpine is now 668 - used to be 599.
So big changes there.
But as you say, that could be all moot anyway.

On the other hand I would be disappointed if I couldn't add ballast.
Or adjust aero.
And if that didn't equate to a BoP change, then even more disappointed.
And that's about as basic as I can go. ;)

I'm not sure any tuning will be affecting the BoP (at least significantly). From what I've heard, I gather it will be limited to suspension adjustments, probably aero adjustment and maybe ballast(??). Aero should have a minor effect on BoP but I would think it will be just a balance of front/rear downforce with the 'stock' aero rather than being able to add/remove large scale downforce by replacing with another aero component.
I'm not expecting engine mods to be available, so I don't think you will be able to increase power.

However, I could be entirely wrong of course. ;)

Last edited:
If The various classes if GTS follow FIA rules there there isnt so much freedom to tune the cars...
The only class where i can see a bit more freedom is Gr.N IMHO...

Very hard to say at this point because of excitement to them all. I guess Normal class and GT3 will be my style.. Or maybe LeMans machines..
I just hope Group B rally cars can be fitted with Racing Hards :drool:

Very hard to say at this point because of excitement to them all. I guess Normal class and GT3 will be my style.. Or maybe LeMans machines..
I just hope Group B rally cars can be fitted with Racing Hards :drool:
Probably for Tarmac rallying.

I can't call how tuning would work. I won't even try. How would PD tailor settings for casual gamers? Sliders for aero, gearing hard or soft suspension like the first Colin McRae on PS1 or ToCA1?

Probably for Tarmac rallying.

I can't call how tuning would work. I won't even try. How would PD tailor settings for casual gamers? Sliders for aero, gearing hard or soft suspension like the first Colin McRae on PS1 or ToCA1?
Well Kaz said in the LiveCast that racing cars can be tuned for track action as berfore - excluding FIA actions. At least I understood it that way.
"We are not able to make 1000hp GT-R." I wonder If we can tune normal cars at all because of missing part upgrade options?

I'm pretty much with Quakebass. GT3 in RaceRoom and GT4 in PCARS were my favorite classes in those two games. And because Gran Turismo spoiled me with its sheer wealth of sports cars, I spent much of my time with them either stock or modded up to specs I desired. I've seen the designations N200, 300 and 500 bandied about here, and it would make sense to have one level for Miatas and Ford Focus, one for BMW M3 and Corvette, and likely one in-between for Mustangs and Camaros. So for me, Gr3, Gr4 and N Class will be where I spend most of my time in GT Sport.

The N Class(es) are the most interesting, because we have no idea how the game provides balance. No doubt the tires will all be the same, but then how do you make a Miata race nose to nose with a Focus or 350Z for example? I doubt they are all one make races. Can we mod them up with performance parts? Is there an Enthusia-like performance boost number that the game determines how performance is increased? A performance slider as in Prologue? Does Sport do an auto balance when you pick a car for an event, within reason?

This might be one of those details we learn down the road at an event like Gamescom. With a game this limited, there can't be all that much of a drip of info, so we could see tidbits more strewn out through the year, maybe once a month or so and at events like Gamescom and TGS, and then a full or almost full reveal within a month of release.

If The various classes if GTS follow FIA rules there there isnt so much freedom to tune the cars...
The only class where i can see a bit more freedom is Gr.N IMHO...
You should be able to tune the suspension, tire pressures, camber, some aero etc.

You should be able to tune the suspension, tire pressures, camber, some aero etc.
Yes in normal online mode (although I somehow cannot see tire pressures implemented in this GTeither) but of course in FIA events the cars are delivered with fixed tunes.

I'm just about excited to see what the remaining 70 cars will be and how they get placed into each Gr.

Seeing that GR.4 RC-F, I'd have to think there would be a Mustang, Hyundai, 370Z, Impreza, Lancer, etc. versions or a garage to convert a Gr.N car to those specs.

I'll mainly be in Gr.4 as those type of production racers, appeal to me most. Gr.3 will be my alternate.

Yes in normal online mode (although I somehow cannot see tire pressures implemented in this GTeither) but of course in FIA events the cars are delivered with fixed tunes.
This has been confirmed?

Why would they be? Real FIA series allow setup changes.

One thing that worries me tho about this, how is going to work the Manufactures' cup if it will have to race all the groups?? Because so far, all the brands doesn't fill all the groups with one respective car, at least :confused::confused:. I mean, Hyundai has the N2025 VGT for the Gr.1 and the Genesis for the Gr.3 (and probably for the Gr.4 and Gr.N), but doesn't have any for the Gr.B; Ford has the same issue for the Gr.1 and Gr.4, and Ferrari just has 1 car so far (running for the Gr.4 probably). I know there's still 5-6 months to see all the car rooster, but it's a little concern this to me...

Back