Which Gr. will you spend most of your time racing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 05XR8
  • 148 comments
  • 12,556 views

Which Gr. will you spend most of your time racing?

  • Gr.1

    Votes: 35 17.8%
  • Gr.3

    Votes: 147 74.6%
  • Gr.4

    Votes: 68 34.5%
  • Gr.B

    Votes: 36 18.3%
  • Gr.N

    Votes: 61 31.0%

  • Total voters
    197
Not gonna lie, Group 4 is suddenly beginning to look like one of the two categories I will spend a lot of time in. Got an interesting selection of cars and aero that seem at times similar to GT4 ( A category I've been getting more into the past few years).
Same.
GTS are offering more cars in that category than PCars currently offer. Sedans, hatches and sports coupes. Maybe even an X-Bow. ;)
Only problem is the car count, but 20 cars is still better than 16.
 
Here's the list of real GT4 cars
http://gt4series.com/cars/
Keep in mind, the Mustang GT4 is the newest entry.

What GTS have at the moment:
GROUP 4 (10)

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Lexus RC-F Gr.4
Mazda Roadster S (ND) Gr.4
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition Gr.4
Reanult Sport Megane R.S. Gr.4
Subaru WRX Gr.4
Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4

Would be nice to know if we can choose AI cars offline or in an Online Lobby. I'd block the SLS downwards.

The MX-5 could be like a Ginetta, performance wise.

I'd be tempted to make a Super Taikyu Series.
ST-4: MX-5, Scirocco, Megane
ST-3: Genesis, 4C
ST-2: WRX & Evo
ST-1: RC-F, C7; SLS
 
Hopefully the GT500 group, if we even get one..
 
The Class that has the P1, Not sure which class that is :)
 
Gr.4 is shaping up. Latest pics showing Genesis, Stingray, Scirocco, 4C, WRX. Along with RC-F, Evo, and possibility of 650S, V8 Vantage S, Mustang, A45 AMG, Megane, Charger, Maserati. Sure does open up a variety of cars to use for that series.

Gr.3 still looks the business though.
Where can you spot a Maserati? :odd:
 
@Chikane Because as of right now GTS doesn't have the P1. But stay optimistic 👍
 
The Class that has the P1, Not sure which class that is :)

I mean, the P1 hasn't been confirmed yet but it'd be in Group N if it is.
 
Not if it got Gr3 treatment too. ;)
 
I mean, the P1 hasn't been confirmed yet but it'd be in Group N if it is.
I have faith it will be:gtpflag:

And Thanks for clearing that up, Which also means the Laferrari is in that class to :D
 
If GTS had a P1 and and the Exige duo my life would actually be complete.
 
I haven't voted yet. I would like to see the full car list. I am still hopeful that there will be a class (or classes H) into which the Historic road and race car content can be structured. I find it difficult to believe that a mainstream, broad appeal racing title can launch without Historic content or that the legacy from GT5 and GT6 could be squandered.

I have other titles to keep me going next year if GTS does go down that route.
 
Yeah. I'm hyped for Gr.4. In real life, the category is growing. PCars have a jewel in that game with the GT4 category. GTS might even do better as far as GT4 variety.
 
Now. This was revealed by AMG Customer program. Its not in GTS, but...
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Mercedes-GT4-640x373.jpg

AMG GT R

No power figures yet, however, we can see how the SLS can suit the Gr.4 tally of cars. GT4 cars normally have 340-430hp(the old FR500C Mustang had 500hp, as it was heavy @1440kg). PD will make the classes as realistic as possible.
 
Easy to just restrict power or add weight, it's how they balance the real GTE/3/4 cars....
 
Easy to just restrict power or add weight, it's how they balance the real GTE/3/4 cars....
Yes, but PD usually jumble cars together with no meaning. This time, it appears they've got their act together.

I have never quoted wikipedia. Yet, searching for GT4 car lists lead me to this.
The following cars are currently homologated for GT4:
◾Aston Martin Vantage N24
◾Aston Martin Vantage GT4
◾Audi TT
◾BMW M3 GT4
◾BMW Z4
◾Corvette C6
◾Chevrolet Camaro
◾Ford Mustang FR500GT4
◾Ford Shelby GT350R-C
◾Ginetta G50 GT4
◾Ginetta G55 GT4
◾KTM X-Bow GTR[1]
◾Lotus Evora
◾Maserati Gran Turismo MC
◾Maserati Trofeo
◾Mazda MX5
◾McLaren 570 GT4
◾Nissan 350Z
◾Nissan 370Z
◾Porsche 997 GT4
◾Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
◾SIN R1 GT4
◾Toyota GT86 GT4 [2]
I did not know the MX-5(NC?ND?) is homologated for GT4. Neither did I know about the 86(even though Super Taikyu have their ST-4 Class versions and PCars has the Rocket Bunny GT4 version). Once again, I can now see what PD are doing. If only they would explain things without us having to investigate.
 
Gr. 4 because, they all seem the most satisfying to race with. Will get some quality races out of them Gr. 4, well we will out of all the cars but my favorite list so far is the Gr. 4.
 
If Porsche isn't in the game, I feel that 4C Gr.4 will become a favorite to compensate for no Cayman GT4. Might be able to make similar Porsche liveries for those that wish to do so.
The Evora may still be competitive for Lotus fans, but the 4C has a similar build. In saying that, no doubt the Alfa will stand on it's own as is. Cool little car.
 
we need a
RUF RtR (991) -> RUF RtR Gr.3
RUF 3800S Coupe (981C) -> Ruf 3800K Coupe Gr.4
RUF CTR3 Clubsport -> RUF CTR3 Clubsport Gr.1
RUF RCT (991) -> RUF RCT Gr.B Rally Car
 
I think I'm going to spend most of my time with the MX-5 and GTR, if they add a 911 GT3 then add that.

If they nail the AI and or online than GT3 racing for the win.
 
Gr. B potentially sounds awesome, if they can add more to what they have atm (e.g. a Lotus Exige Gr. B or some old/reimagined GT dirt tracks) :nervous:. That could be where I would like to play.

As for on-road, maybe Gr.N or Gr.4

 
As posted by @GTracer38 in the GT3 Motorsports thread, I wonder if PD took any info from this machine.

The Ford Mustang was completely rebuilt by Seyffarth Motorsport and new developments developed during the construction phase. "We have changed a lot and now almost everything is mainly made of carbon. A second Mustang we just build on. "

The 500 hp and 1200 kg several tests with different pilots have been developed at a high level. "We have been working on small improvements again and again," says Tobias Seyffarth.

"The horsepower is still changeable, as we have tried yet not a big engine tuning."

At the Essen Motor Show, the car was surrounded and even games and simulator manufacturers have made inquiries to image rights.
http://www.motorsport-xl.de/news/20...torsport-mit-neuem-Mustang-GT3-Cup-25268.html

 
We know there will be a Peugeot RCZ gr.B, please Poly make it also a gr.3 car! The Peugeot VGT in gr3 is awful IMO.
Some more gr3 cars like the Lotus Evora or the Prius mother chassis from Super GT.
 
Will guess that gr.3 means gt3 so i guess that on is the one for me... can't wait to customize the 458 gt3 or the sls 16' gt3

Hope they add the continental the 488 later since kas say we will have 400 cars added to the game
 
Will guess that gr.3 means gt3 so i guess that on is the one for me... can't wait to customize the 458 gt3 or the sls 16' gt3

Hope they add the continental the 488 later since kas say we will have 400 cars added to the game

I highly doubt we will get 400 cars let alone 100, lol. One thing I learned from Kaz is, don't believe what he says, until things he promise is already in front of your eyes.
 
I highly doubt we will get 400 cars let alone 100, lol. One thing I learned from Kaz is, don't believe what he says, until things he promise is already in front of your eyes.
lol is good to dream about it :P

I think he may do it just to copy those cars to future gran turismos, just like he did with the ps3 games.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back