Who thinks the "Micro-Transactions" are a good deal?

I have the answer.. If anyone is interested. As soon as I made this thread, I brought it about myself to find a better way. Some may find it shady, but it saves a lot of time.
 
I have the answer.. If anyone is interested. As soon as I made this thread, I brought it about myself to find a better way. Some may find it shady, but it saves a lot of time.

Tell me. I'm tired of grinding my life away and I'll be damned if I spend a penny more than $60 for this beta game.
 
Tell me. I'm tired of grinding my life away and I'll be damned if I spend a penny more than $60 for this beta game.
I'll throw it on the OP in a moment I suppose.
 
pedo-smile_o_gifsoup-com.gif
By the way, this is off topic but the guy on your gif post is impersonating a famous Filipino comedian. :lol::lol::lol:
 
Tell me. I'm tired of grinding my life away and I'll be damned if I spend a penny more than $60 for this beta game.

OP has been updated.. I don't want to take a bunch of flak for this. (Just kidding, I simply don't care) ;)
 
Compare what we have for GT6 along with Forza? Xbox live is ripping off customers with them selling cars instead of credits or whatnot. I think there are pros and cons with selling credits. Im have nothing against players that are really impatient on having saving credits but PD's decision helps a lot for them.
 
If nothing else, the fact that PD/Sony would price 7m credits for $50, tells you just how out of touch they are with their fanbase and even the game itself, that they would think this is a reasonable price. Basically the entire price of the game and it's not enough money to buy a single copy of the highest price car in the game. Who in their right mind would come up with pricing like that? Think about that for a minute...
 
If nothing else, the fact that PD/Sony would price 7m credits for $50, tells you just how out of touch they are with their fanbase and even the game itself, that they would think this is a reasonable price. Basically the entire price of the game and it's not enough money to buy a single copy of the highest price car in the game. Who in their right mind would come up with pricing like that? Think about that for a minute...
There are for sure but I'm not against on it but I'm not buying because it will lose the level of enjoyment of the game. I know its unreasonable but thats how the game industry works nowadays. Its better than buying a car with that same price if they push thru with plans for the next gen console.
 
I have the answer.. If anyone is interested. As soon as I made this thread, I brought it about myself to find a better way. Some may find it shady, but it saves a lot of time.

Yeah I find it shady. It annoys the hell out of me to be honest.

I don't agree with paying PD twice for something. And I definitely don't agree with my 11 year old son being duped into paying some random guy on the internet for something he has seen in a youtube video.

As If the micro transactions weren't bad enough.. At least it was legal though eh? SONY was getting that money.

But this way all the people duped pay you yeah? I take it your friend is you..

Come on not everyone was born yesterday.. Your "friend" has found a way to make money (probably by hacking peoples legitimate game saves) and you have kindly made a video for him to to the world about this wonder.

This should be locked and the video deleted.
 
Last edited:
I think the credits are priced to high for sure, I also see no reason to buy them. It is easy enough to get credits in game, the RB Jr event is easy enough and pays well, the RB standard even better. There is also the Motegi Nascar event where you can earn ~180k in ~ 3 minutes as well as a few other races that net ~150k in 3-4 minutes.

Thus far I have not had an issue getting credits in game. I have lots of cars and over 10 mil onhand to buy more or save for something pricier.

I just wish they would up the payout for online races so that we could earn decent credits when racing online. If they did that then I would see no problem with the credit system. Or if they gave us an event creator that let us create our own races and they would have a payout comparable to the IA races that would be fine too. Both would be awesome.
 
I did the credit glitch so I will never run out of money.
 
I hate racing the robots and refuse to do so, but I find the "micro-transactions" WAY over priced. I might consider paying 50 cents for a million credits.

But there is no way in HELL, I'd give that guy's friend in the OP's video a dime!
 
Sony lose money on every PS3 console they sell (source), so they have to make their money back somewhere. I have nothing against microtransactions in themselves, just as long as they are not necessary to play the game, or that they are not expensive either. Sony/PD have seriously overestimated the value of their in-game currency, £39.99 for 7 million credits is ridiculous, £1 per 1 million credits would be reasonable imho.

Like I've said before, I'd buy them at that price & as an option of skipping the Career Mode part of GT, as it's something I don't like. If they were not necessary, then it wouldn't affect those who don't want to buy them. Everyone would be happy.
 
Micro-transactions, no matter the cost, designed to make you pay for something you already own are a disgrace. I'm happy to pay for new content if its of some substance - new cars and tracks in the case of GT. If they want to support low initial sales then giving us something worth paying for is the way go, surely?

Sorry to say, people who have bought credit packs are supporting a culture of customer abuse that will only get worse if not boycotted.

That said, charging people to hack their game to achieve the same is equally disgraceful.
 
Last edited:
I won't buy any of these micro transaction thingy, including DLCs.

The more people willing to pay for these, the lazier the developer (PD) will become. They will release less and less content at initial $60 release price and start releasing the rest as DLCs, so people will pay more.

If people keep supporting this idea, soon I bet they will release Premium Sound Pack for $99 which includes upgraded engine sounds, or even Premium Interior Car Pack for $199 which will upgrade all standards to premium. do you want any of these? the limit is your pocket.
 
Remember the good old days before gaming consoles could connect to the internet and so every game you bought was 100% finished the day it was released? A $50 game was $50, period.

Now it's pretty much understood that a new game is released only half finished. When did that become ok?
 
Remember the good old days before gaming consoles could connect to the internet and so every game you bought was 100% finished the day it was released? A $50 game was $50, period.

Now it's pretty much understood that a new game is released only half finished. When did that become ok?

I asked that question to some game devs at a premier gaming company about 3 years ago. Their answer was that it had always been the way, just that now they can start to develop things for a game that they'd never bother with before "inline" updates because they'll be able to finish them later.
 
I do not mind paying for new cars and tracks but no to micro-transactions.
 
I did the credit glitch so I will never run out of money.
Without the credit glitch I would most likely not be playing. I refuse to grind and the price for credits is outrageous. I'd be off to something else most likely...
 
800 wins at Motegi and counting! I managed to buy all "premiums" with credits won at Nascar #4 (and finishing career mode), except for the 20,000,000 cars - but I'm working on it. :D Four cars to go...
 
Im have nothing against players that are really impatient on having saving credits but PD's decision helps a lot for them.

I'm one of those "impatient" players. The credit option does nothing for me, it's actually the worst thing PD could do for someone like me. If PD wanted to help me, they would just add a free mode. I don't see why offering me nothing at the low price of $50 is helping me.

If they want my money it's easy to get, give me an enjoyable game and possibly some add on content that's worth money (no, not paint packs).
 
I believe that the following list outlines the cost of the optional microtransactions in Gran Turismo 6, which are available in the form of in-game credits.
$4.99 = 500,000 in-game credits
$9.99 = 1,000,000 in-game credits
$19.99 = 2,500,000 in-game credits
$49.99 = 7,500,000 in-game credits

A more prudent consideration would be the purchase of the Game Genie Save Editor for PS3, which costs $29.99.
I believe that the only cheat available at the present time, and it is known to work with GT6 version 1.04, is the
Max Credits cheat. Applying this cheat will instantly give a player 99,999,999 in-game credits. However, since the
game limits a player to a maximum of 50,000,000 in-game credits, a player should buy enough cars to get below
the 50,000,000 mark before entering a single race, or else the credits will revert back to this max and the player
will essentially lose 49,000,000 hard earned credits.
 
GT6's microtransactions are fine in principle. They're completely optional, and they're just there as a way to advance the game if you're only in it for the car collecting. However, the pricing is absurd. It's almost like PD were told that they had to include microtransactions, so they jacked the prices up so much that no one would ever use them. It's just...bizarre.
 
GT6's microtransactions are fine in principle.
This doesn't take into account that they can be used an excuse to degrade the game. They aren't simply an optional purchase. If people ask for a way to play the game without grinding, PD will point to the credit purchases. They will ask people to pay them for going out of their way to botch up the game. In principle, that is horrendous.
 
Back