Who thinks the "Micro-Transactions" are a good deal?

The root principle behind everything that's mercenary and selfish in the modern world. Ruthless, profit driven insanity.

Depends on what side of the table you're on I suppose. The worlds great if you make it work for you.
 
Well, unfortunately my buddy has been overwhelmed with messages. He's gotten like 60 people lined up already.

edit: Just noticed the OP edit, so I guess all is well.
 
If nothing else, the fact that PD/Sony would price 7m credits for $50, tells you just how out of touch they are with their fanbase and even the game itself, that they would think this is a reasonable price. Basically the entire price of the game and it's not enough money to buy a single copy of the highest price car in the game. Who in their right mind would come up with pricing like that? Think about that for a minute...

Maybe PD thought that they would get away with that high pricing initially, but since they introduced the RB events (junior & standard) it became very easy for players to make credits fast and repeatedly. The prices should have been dropped when it became easy for players to make a lot of credits for themselves, but weirdly enough, this hasn't happened yet. This fact makes the micro-transaction thing an even worse option than it originally was... oh well
 
The credit system has always sucked in GT games, the cars are too expensive for how much the races payout. It would be like the average American trying to save up to buy a new Ferrari.

I've cheated on credits since GT4 when I bought the action replay cheat disc, then used save editor on GT5, and did the credit glitch on GT6.
 
VBR
Two different sources contradicting one another. Doesn't really prove anything, & I guess there's no way of getting to the truth unless we go through Sony's accounts for ourselves.

The reason Sony lost so much money on the PS3's was largely the Blue-Ray player and the cell processor - both very new technologies at launch. It cost Sony around $500-600 ALONE for a the disk drive, but I can't remember the cost of the CPU/GPU - but I know production costs meant Sony lost somewhere around $200-400 per console, despite the insane launch price.

Now, since Blue-Ray is common and easy to produce, you can pick up a standard blue-ray player for an easy 50 bucks, so a drive shouldn't cost Sony much more than $25-40 these days. Same with Cell processors:

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 2.51.27 PM.png

A full board shouldn't cost Sony much over $50-60. All that's left is more (already very cheap) very old, and very easy-to-produce hardware. I mean think about it - this is 8-year old equipment. There is no way ANY civilian-level hardware can be this old and STILL make a massive corporation like Sony lose money on sales.
 
I have the answer.. If anyone is interested. As soon as I made this thread, I brought it about myself to find a better way. Some may find it shady, but it saves a lot of time.

Well, unfortunately my buddy has been overwhelmed with messages. He's gotten like 60 people lined up already.

edit: Just noticed the OP edit, so I guess all is well.

So you just happened to find a buddy that can steal credits for you?

Either that, or the thread was created with false and misleading information.

It was really just a way to advertise for him, wasn't it?
 
I'd agree if it were GT5. As GT6 enables you to buy credits, they now have a real world value. Regardless of whether you think that value is inflated, modding save file for extra credits is akin to stealing credit packs.

If you hacked your bank account to increase your balance, I believe that would also be considered theft.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd agree if it were GT5. As GT6 enables you to buy credits, they now have a real world value. Regardless of whether you think that value is inflated, modding save file for extra credits is akin to stealing credit packs.

If you hacked your bank account to increase your balance, I believe that would also be considered theft.
So by that logic earning credits by racing is also a crime because you're getting them for free when you could be buying them.
 
So by that logic earning credits by racing is also a crime because you're getting them for free when you could be buying them.

That's not logic, it's clutching at straws. Winning credits is part of the game, save file modding is not.
 
Maybe they just need good price meter for game credits of they decided to sue someone to court because of 20 mil credit glitch or any other money exploit, even sharing that kind of information.
They have now good meter how much damage/loss potential glitch user has made to them. :)

To OP, stupid prices to pay. (Still not glitching money)
 
Maybe they just need good price meter for game credits of they decided to sue someone to court because of 20 mil credit glitch or any other money exploit, even sharing that kind of information.
They have now good meter how much damage/loss potential glitch user has made to them. :)

To OP, stupid prices to pay. (Still not glitching money)
Suing someone for the glitch is absurd. The glitch didn't came from their server, it came from the game itself?
 
There is no way ANY civilian-level hardware can be this old and STILL make a massive corporation like Sony lose money on sales.

While Sony may very well be making a profit now on each console sold, whether they've made a profit regarding PS3 sales overall is another matter entirely. In other words; have the small profits being made on consoles being sold recently, made up for the huge losses of all PS3's being sold from day one? I think Sony have probably made a loss on the PS3 consoles overall, as the article I quoted earlier reported.

Back on topic; if they can earn a little bit of extra money via reasonably priced microtransactions, then I'm ok with that. As long as nobody is being forced to buy them of course.
 
So by that logic earning credits by racing is also a crime because you're getting them for free when you could be buying them.

I suggest you read the terms of use: Editing save files is not allowed.

Racing, on the other hand, is.
 
So you just happened to find a buddy that can steal credits for you?

Either that, or the thread was created with false and misleading information.

It was really just a way to advertise for him, wasn't it?

Good eye, detective.
How ever, no that was not the sole purpose of this thread, the stars just aligned at the right time.

I suggest you read the terms of use: Editing save files is not allowed.

Oh no.. :rolleyes:
 
Anything I can do to unlock the cars already on my disc is fair to me. Keeping my content locked by a credit system as an excuse to extort money for content already on my disc is slimy at the least.

I will not pay PD another dime for this half-baked game. I would not have bought it to begin with but received it as a gift.
 
Anything I can do to unlock the cars already on my disc is fair to me. Keeping my content locked by a credit system as an excuse to extort money for content already on my disc is slimy at the least.

I will not pay PD another dime for this half-baked game. I would not have bought it to begin with but received it as a gift.

You are complaining about a gift?

It's the thought that counts
 
MEGA-transactions, the 7M pack costs over $70 in Australia, or 3 runs of the Red Bull Standard Championship. On the flipside all of the additional content so far has been free, so I wouldn't mind if they left the pointless credit packs in and gave us more free stuff in return. ;D
 
I'll never buy something like this, so I say no.
 
Having received the game as a gift does not cancel my right to comment on it.

Perhaps you should stick to the topic of this thread instead of worrying about whether I'm being ungrateful.

Is the topic micro-transactions, or good deals? Because the title contains both of those terms. A gift is a transaction, and is usually considered a good deal. We can use that as a basis for comparison against micro-transactions.

I'm not worried about whether you are being ungrateful.
 
It doesn't matter of you read them or not, they still apply.
I know they apply I just don't care, in GT5 all they did was ban a few peoples accounts from the game that cheated in Time Trials.
 
On the topic of micro-transactions, I seem to remember hearing that it was Sony who said PD needed to implement them. Although I may be completely wrong, so apologies if that is the case.

The reason sony push all of their devs to include them is that they all go through the PSN and generate sony more money in their coffers. In response to this a large amount of devs over price them to discourage gamers from buying.

Disclaimer: I don't remember where I heard this, so it has no source or validity, it is just what I remember hearing. Please don't have a go if I'm wrong. :)👍
 
I bought the game in December, primarily because of the money glitch :p
If it wasn't for the glitch I probably wouldn't have bought the game anyway.

And just because PD introduced credit packs, doesn't mean you're stealing their money if you use a glitch to get ingame credits.
There's something a lot more wrong if a game is designed in a way that credit packs for those prices are a viable option to enjoy the game.
 
I bought the game in December, primarily because of the money glitch :p
If it wasn't for the glitch I probably wouldn't have bought the game anyway.

And just because PD introduced credit packs, doesn't mean you're stealing their money if you use a glitch to get ingame credits.
There's something a lot more wrong if a game is designed in a way that credit packs for those prices are a viable option to enjoy the game.

Yea, crazy to equate glitching credits with stealing. Clearly, when they released the game they had a expectation of forcing people to pay to access the "more expensive" content on the disk. Which is ridiculous. A 20 million dollar classic race car costs PD no more than it does for them to produce a Hyundai. And why is it that people who like race cars and classics should be forced to pay more to drive the cars they want while the guy who is a JDM fan can have a garage full of what he wants easily from in game payouts. It's bad game design and always has been. It becomes something else when companies intentionally use bad game design then try and charge you extra just to bypass it.

I'd be fine with them selling credits for cash.....if I could also sell my extra credits for cash as well. I mean if these things have value, shouldn't that value transfer.👍
 
I'd be fine with them selling credits for cash.....if I could also sell my extra credits for cash as well. I mean if these things have value, shouldn't that value transfer.👍

Supply and demand. PD has infinite supply of credits. You don't.
 
Back