Why does PD think "Americans" race these trucks?

• Thread starter RIPCDE
  • 89 comments
We have local hornet races at the Speedrome track. They race trucks against compact cars such as civics and rx7's.
truck.jpg

Last edited:
I find the seasonal pretty fun. I upgraded the SVT Lightning for it, and that thing grips a ton with the racing slicks. Easily the most fun "standard" model I own. :D And without this seasonal, I wouldn't have discovered it.

Also, please stop with the American hate guys. And to the Americans, stop being stupid, you make our country look bad. Ignorant as all hell.

Who's hating??

We love trucks! Give us more!

!!USA USA USA!!

Turning left? Are you, 'The American People' the best in the world at turning left?

Who's the best at turning right then?

Put 43 crazed lunatics into 3500lb/800hp+ cars on a half mile bull ring arena with 36 degree banking in the corners!!! That my friend is racing!👍 And yes they do it with trucks also. So much better than follow the leader or road course serpentine imitation. "Americans" can turn left also, Laguna, Infineon, Watkins Glen to name a few. Don't hate!

super-truck-racing-7.jpg

I'm pretty sure they do this all over the world right?

I strongly recommend everyone to attend a semi truck racing event at least once in your life time. I can guarantee you it's the second most exciting race event.

The most exciting race event is semi truck drifting.

they do yeah i know of the FIA ETRC (European Truck Racing Championship) anyway, its a sport i regularly watch myself...epic to watch, crashes always are great! :D

Wasn't a fan of trucks untill this seasonal, so fully modded a Ford Lightning and I love it! so much fun to drive, its a blast round Nurb! It handles better than you think it would and goes like stink! Won the Laguna Seca American Championship race with it also...just though! fun race 👍

And on the subject of ovals...us Brits have short oval racing too, check this out! :sly: http://www.vimeo.com/18616278

I gotta admit I have no idea why PD did this seasonal....there's already a dedicated (albeit low rewarding) set of races for trucks.....what the game is crying out for is a race for mid powered MR cars, like the NSX and the Elises etc etc, there's not a lot at all in the game for them if you don't want to soup them up quite a bit.

There is a lack of a Japanese extreme A-spec event with decent payouts for grinding. We have the European and American championships, so I just end grinding those and tuning Euro/US cars mostly. While this truck series was different, it's a bit of an afterthought and nothing genuinely new as these are all carry overs from GT4 which had much better events itself. This series would much more interesting if they had at least simultaneously deployed it with the release of say, at least two new 2010/2011 premium truck models as promotion... but 2004 standard models, meh.

they do yeah i know of the FIA ETRC (European Truck Racing Championship) anyway, its a sport i regularly watch myself...epic to watch, crashes always are great! :D

^ Booring...

This is where it's at! :sly:

I just wish that we could have got some real race trucks, not trucks that look like were ready to go driving to run a few errens in.

picture.php

Last edited:
I witness truck/suv racing at it's worst every day on my daily commute. It's got jacked up pick-ups, dump trucks, garbage trucks, semis, UPS and Fedex, trucks with trailers hauling lawn mowers and sometimes just hauling scrap around. Of course they all want to out-run my Formula or Z28...I just wanna' get home so I can play some GT5 before the wife gets home and starts distracting me. :)

p.s. I'd pay to see those semis racing, there's bound to be some "big wrecks" in that...

Imo racing trucks is better than the Japanese 80's events or the World Classic Car events. Trucks at Nurburging makes for a sweet race.

My real daily driver is a 2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 Quad Cab, so am quite glad that PD put out this seasonal. Now, if they'd just add my SRT10 to the game I'd be quite happy :dopey:

I would like to have seen a CORR truck for the off road races, and the rally races definately have gone downhill compared to the older GT games. I also liked the Pikes Peak hill climb and they had a Deisel rig for that. I think the BIG RIG races would have been a nice addition. Finally, since I have a 2000 ford SVT lightning in the driveway, I have one in game and a race mod version would have been cool.

Of all trucks they chose these. And really, the Dodge 1500? Who at PD thought, "Yeah this truck.. this is something special. We've got to get a hold one of these bad boys"

They could have used an SRT-10, really.

I bought the game because it came with the Lightning. I will be road racing my irl Lightning this summer.

I'm gonna take a wild guess, but you're either from Texas or Maine.. no?

My real daily driver is a 2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 Quad Cab, so am quite glad that PD put out this seasonal. Now, if they'd just add my SRT10 to the game I'd be quite happy :dopey:

Given the gas prices right now, I bet it hurts to drive that thing at 10mpg.

Trucks are an immensely important part of both society and automotive culture. Granted, not necessarily only pick-ups, but in general. Unless you were planning on hauling ore in a Civic or towing with an Elise...

I'm curious why trucks are in the game at all. Very frustrating.
Indeed. Nothing makes me more furious than variety in a racing game. For GT6, PD should change the subtitle to "The Real Miata and Skyline Driving Simulator" and work from there.

Back