Will GT ever end?

  • Thread starter Thread starter funnyguy344
  • 227 comments
  • 13,768 views

Do you think GT will EVER end


  • Total voters
    313
Thats because some people made a big deal of what I had to say here and just couldn't let it go

Maybe people wouldn't have made a "big deal" out of what you said if you didn't make it your mission to call out anyone who dares complain about GT, something you have kept up for literally the past few years. But I insist, keep playing the victim card. This wouldn't be the first time. Welcome to my ignore list.
 
Thats because some people made a big deal of what I had to say here and just couldn't let it go

So your best idea is to dredge it back up? Simply stunning.

On-topic: I don't see it ending for a while, but its by no means immune. If it ever stops being Sony's cash cow, it will end. I'd like to think a bit higher of PD than some members here: I don't think they'd pack up their toys and leave because a small minority of customers out of millions have some criticisms. If they had such delicate egos, then they made the wrong decision getting into this business.
 
I think it will! The abbreviation GT10 sounds a bit weird. And probably after GT8, they have any more ideas to improve the game. PD isn't all that creative.
 
SlipZtrEm
So your best idea is to dredge it back up? Simply stunning.

On-topic: I don't see it ending for a while, but its by no means immune. If it ever stops being Sony's cash cow, it will end. I'd like to think a bit higher of PD than some members here: I don't think they'd pack up their toys and leave because a small minority of customers out of millions have some criticisms. If they had such delicate egos, then they made the wrong decision getting into this business.

Agreed.

Bottom line: we all still play it, buy the DLC (ok not all but most) and frequent this forum and given the numbers of same I'd suggest it's not dying any time soon.

I love a lot about GT. I love the quirks, the good, the bad and the ugly because it makes up a game that gave me endless hours of fun and THE BEST group of online people I could ever hope to "meet".

If GT gave me everything in one hit, without evolution, then yes I'm happy for it to end but it's still evolving and if that continues for another 1, 10 or 50 years then I will buy it. Sure I will praise and complain along the way but I will enjoy every second.
 
I don't think a "small minority" voicing "some criticisms" is going to do anything at all, personally. I'm thinking more about a systemic uproar, something like EA / Firaxis nearly achieved with "SimCity". What would PD have to do to achieve that - go back to Motor Toon instead? At the moment "Quantum Leap" appears to be close, but the rage will pass on that one quickly enough...

EDIT: TT2 might be a good candidate, too :p
 
Everything ends, sooner or later.
 
I just wondering If so. Because it looks like. It won't I guess they will make GT7 - GT8 for ps4 and GT9-GT10 for Ps5.

It is best racing cars simulation series of all time, why should it end ?
 
It is best racing cars simulation series of all time, why should it end ?

Erm...no. Take it down a notch. Actually, a good couple of notches.

But yeah, I see no reason why it should end, at least in the short term. It's still a console seller, it's still one of the iconic franchises of PlayStation, it still receives somewhat good reviews and scores. In short: It still makes money. What scares me is that PD is not inmune in any way, what end up doing with the huge money they've been making is definitely the deciding factor. If they don't deliver a product appropiate to the massive amount of budget they have, Sony may begin to cut said budget which in turn could lower again the quality of the game. Bada beem, bada boom, chain reaction aaaaand it's gone. GT6 and GT7 are going to be absoutely critical if GT wants to survive after the disappointment that was GT5...
 
It is best racing cars simulation series of all time, why should it end ?

Best selling? Yes. Best in terms of quality? No. Certainly not at "racing car simulation" anyway.
 
To add on to everyone's theory about GT ending with the world

But only if we don't blown ourselves up in a nuclear war, then I'm sure in the millions of years from now, before Earth gets destroyed by the ever-growing sun, that humanity will find a way to plant hop to somewhere were our successors will thrive and continue this cycle for eternity
 
GT6 and GT7 are going to be absoutely critical if GT wants to survive after the disappointment that was GT5...

Quite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_(series)#Reception

GT1 through 3 were exceptionally well received, with critic scores in the 90s. GT4 was lower. GT5 was even lower, although mid 80s is still a pretty good game.

It can go a few ways.

1. GT6/7 reverses the slide and brings the series back up to it's place at the head of the genre (on consoles, anyway).
2. GT6/7 is more of the same as GT5. GT slowly fades into an also ran, like a lot of the NFS stuff that came out in the last 10-15 years. Sold well, made money, but not many people were terribly excited about them and they were hardly at the cutting edge of gaming. Will probably continue until the end of time.
3. GT6/7 gets worse. GT falls off the map, becomes a laughing stock, and some other company decides this is the moment to strike and develops a GT clone that does GT better than GT does.

It wouldn't take much. If GT6 somehow managed to be HORRIBLE (and there's no indication at the moment that it is), it could severely damage the brand right there.
 
This is one of those times where KY should take a page from Enix and work on perfecting the various things the player directly interacts with, rather than adding somewhat esoteric features.
 
It is best racing cars simulation series of all time, why should it end ?

kanye-west.jpg
 
Look how dominant SEGA were in the video/arcade gaming market - where are they now? Look at the British and American motor industries - where are they now?

Same issues - people at the top not understanding or listening to their customers, or paying attention to the competition.

What is PD guilty of with GT5 / GT6 - exact same thing.

They have the opportunity to turn this around, but if they don't start to change by GT7 (or whatever the first release is on the PS4), they will be treading on very thin ice.

More relevant recent examples FIFA (now sharing market with Pro Evo) / MW (now sharing with Battlefield) - their rivals will see, and take advantage of PDs lack of understanding and elitist attitude and take a share of the market that was previously dominated.

Then, it's about the money, if PD can still make profit, GT will survive and share the market like FIFI - Pro Evo / MW - Battlefield. If they can't, just like Sega, they will have no choice but to shut up shop, avoid heavy losses and go elsewhere to where the profits are.
 
Look how dominant SEGA were in the video/arcade gaming market - where are they now? Look at the British and American motor industries - where are they now?

Same issues - people at the top not understanding or listening to their customers, or paying attention to the competition.

What is PD guilty of with GT5 / GT6 - exact same thing.

They have the opportunity to turn this around, but if they don't start to change by GT7 (or whatever the first release is on the PS4), they will be treading on very thin ice.

More relevant recent examples FIFA (now sharing market with Pro Evo) / MW (now sharing with Battlefield) - their rivals will see, and take advantage of PDs lack of understanding and elitist attitude and take a share of the market that was previously dominated.

Then, it's about the money, if PD can still make profit, GT will survive and share the market like FIFI - Pro Evo / MW - Battlefield. If they can't, just like Sega, they will have no choice but to shut up shop, avoid heavy losses and go elsewhere to where the profits are.

I tried to say something similar. Fully agree with The Almighty Mr. Cornholio right here 👍
 
Look how dominant SEGA were in the video/arcade gaming market - where are they now? Look at the British and American motor industries - where are they now?

Same issues - people at the top not understanding or listening to their customers, or paying attention to the competition.

What is PD guilty of with GT5 / GT6 - exact same thing.

They have the opportunity to turn this around, but if they don't start to change by GT7 (or whatever the first release is on the PS4), they will be treading on very thin ice.

More relevant recent examples FIFA (now sharing market with Pro Evo) / MW (now sharing with Battlefield) - their rivals will see, and take advantage of PDs lack of understanding and elitist attitude and take a share of the market that was previously dominated.

Then, it's about the money, if PD can still make profit, GT will survive and share the market like FIFI - Pro Evo / MW - Battlefield. If they can't, just like Sega, they will have no choice but to shut up shop, avoid heavy losses and go elsewhere to where the profits are.
How are GT5 and GT6 the exact same thing? You can't possibly back up that statement. Wait until the game releases, and then, come up with a conclusion. For all we know, GT6 will be the start of online dating for the video games world.
 
i give 103 votes on that gran turismo wont end because im a big fan of gran turismo soo i should say GT wont end kaz lives forever!!! :)
 
It would have to start sucking way more / selling way less to die. But if they continue the trend set by GT5 and 6 they will continue to lose market share.

But it's so easy to fix what's wrong with GT that even boneheads at PD will eventually catch on:
1. They don't really need to fix the AI, just give us race editor.
2. Fix camber and ride height tuning issues
3. Fix the sounds
4. Upgrade some of the standard cars and ditch the rest.
 
I reckon it has. GT6 sold very poorly and when Pcars comes out I reckon pd will have lost all of the momentum and GT7 will end up being cancelled. Pcars is already ahead of GT that it wouldn't make commercial sense to delay GT7 just to bring it up to speed.
 
i give 103 votes on that gran turismo wont end because im a big fan of gran turismo soo i should say GT wont end kaz lives forever!!! :)
Now, so long as all 104 people buy a hundred thousand copies each, Sony will be good.
 
I am glad GT6 supposedly hasn't sold well at all, because for Sony that is likely the only thing that would wake them up and pay more attention to what PD are doing. As long as GT was selling 9million+ copies of each game I doubt they cared what it was like, as long as people were buying it they were happy. Now GT6 has tanked I'm personally hoping this has given someone a wake up call and makes them really look at what PD are doing. They're certainly clearly aware of the sales dive since most of the offers and reductions of GT6 are coming directly from Sony.

However what I'm fearing is Sony will basically just tell PD to get what they can out on PS4 ASAP because there is absolutely no competition in the genre yet.
 
Every good story has a beginning a middle and an ending.
 
I am glad GT6 supposedly hasn't sold well at all, because for Sony that is likely the only thing that would wake them up and pay more attention to what PD are doing. As long as GT was selling 9million+ copies of each game I doubt they cared what it was like, as long as people were buying it they were happy. Now GT6 has tanked I'm personally hoping this has given someone a wake up call and makes them really look at what PD are doing. They're certainly clearly aware of the sales dive since most of the offers and reductions of GT6 are coming directly from Sony.

However what I'm fearing is Sony will basically just tell PD to get what they can out on PS4 ASAP because there is absolutely no competition in the genre yet.
Glad to see you back mate.
 
Back