Will GT ever end?

  • Thread starter Thread starter funnyguy344
  • 227 comments
  • 13,771 views

Do you think GT will EVER end


  • Total voters
    313
Its only in your eyes I am anvalidating my arguments.

Ah. So in your mind, refusing to stop blowing things out of proportion (while at the same time ignoring detailed rebuttals) is contributing to the strength of your point. Gothca.

Standard cars and 2D trees.

8/10ths of the car list is of considerably lower quality than every other game released this generation; and on top of that PD went out of their way to push aside just what that entailed in the run up to release.

"Silly complaint"
 
Breaking news: The person who goes on a crusade against any and all complaints, to the point of saying that he would walk away from a franchise worth hundreds of millions of dollars if he was in charge of it, considers his cause to be just.
 
Its only in your eyes I am anvalidating my arguments.

Everybody that complains about the small things that dont really matter expect the game to be perfect

Just because they don't matter to you doesn't mean it isn't important to others. Someone has a different opinion than you and it automatically leads to them expecting perfection.

How much more narrow-minded can someone be?
 
Standard cars and 2D trees.

Standards cars are a silly complaint? :lol:

🤬 us for wanting consistent graphics.
 
Standards cars are a silly complaint? :lol:

🤬 us for wanting consistent graphics.

🤬 us for thinking that is what we paid for due to initial build up/hype of the game by the company that makes it, as well.

I guess trolling is the way he'll argue against these two points.
 
Standard cars and 2D trees.

Standard cars I've heard a lot. 2D trees I've only seen once so I don't consider it a huge complaint.

Standard cars are 10+ year old graphics ported over onto a "state of the art" game. I don't play a lot of games so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any other state of the art games that import their 2004 graphic quality into a 2010-2013 game. I understand it doesn't matter to you and that's fine, but can you not see how some people would consider this unacceptable? Can you not see how people would think of this as a cheap ploy to pad the numbers at the cost of credibility? Can you not see that some people want PD to adhere to a higher standard than cheap ploys to pad numbers for marketing purposes?
 
Gran Turismo will end when Forza, COD, Halo, Uncharted, Killzone, and Mario end....never. No reason to end a money making franchise.
 
Griffith500
The piranhas are out again...

They sound like the guy at McDonald's that complains because his burger doesn't resemble the one on the bag.....He then proceeds to get a refill with a cup he got yesterday :lol:
 
So what does that make the people that complain about complaints?
 
It's what happens when you throw absurd arguments into the water. 👍

I hear Piranha are very fond of troll meat:sly:
 
It's what happens when you throw absurd arguments into the water. 👍

To be honest I couldn't tell what was actually going on through the clouds of rended flesh, but I think it might have been the faint whiff of "defence" that set things off. The vultures are still circling...

I'm not gonna claim to know any of the blatantly obvious "history" here (nor do I particularly care), but it's interesting that there was very quickly very little hope of an actual discussion going to emerge due to the multiple attack vectors - which presumably was the intention anyway.

Just an observation.
 
To be honest I couldn't tell what was actually going on through the clouds of rended flesh, but I think it might have been the faint whiff of "defence" that set things off. The vultures are still circling...

I'm not gonna claim to know any of the blatantly obvious "history" here (nor do I particularly care), but it's interesting that there was very quickly very little hope of an actual discussion going to emerge due to the multiple attack vectors - which presumably was the intention anyway.

Just an observation.

Your irony is astounding.
 
Dare I ask that you elaborate on that? I mean, am I next?

:lol: Do you really have to do that, I mean seriously you're a smart guy and yet you defend people that are obviously out to troll and just stir the hornets nest. We aren't attack dogs that are going to maul you, and to insinuate it (though funny satire) isn't necessary. All I'm saying is this banter that you complaining about not contributing equally doesn't contribute just like I'm doing right now, hence the irony. I get you don't like people like me and others but we actually make valid legitimate arguments coupled with facts, similar to what you've done in the sound thread.

It's troubling that you find us as baseless as the people you seem to be defending. That is all.
 
:lol: Do you really have to do that, I mean seriously you're a smart guy and yet you defend people that are obviously out to troll and just stir the hornets nest. We aren't attack dogs that are going to maul you, and to insinuate it (though funny satire) isn't necessary. All I'm saying is this banter that you complaining about not contributing equally doesn't contribute just like I'm doing right now, hence the irony. I get you don't like people like me and others but we actually make valid legitimate arguments coupled with facts, similar to what you've done in the sound thread.

It's troubling that you find us as baseless as the people you seem to be defending. That is all.

I honestly have no idea who you are to "not like you".

As I said, it was just an observation, and I have no idea of the "history" you're obviously dragging around with you. If you want to reflect upon it, that's your choice.

If you really are coming up with valid arguments, maybe you should do it one at a time next time so the rest of us can follow it. Otherwise, it's just useless noise, and we're likely missing out on something genuinely insightful.


This idea that developers can become alienated and jaded by its "fanbase" (broad term) is not absurd at all, by the way (especially within the broadly hypothetical context of this thread). Maybe you all just forgot to play the ball because of who was in possession of it?
 
This idea that developers can become alienated and jaded by its "fanbase" (broad term) is not absurd at all, by the way (especially within the broadly hypothetical context of this thread).

Saying PD will completely cut off their highly successful franchise because of some complainers on the Internet is absurd though.

Maybe you all just forgot to play the ball because of who was in possession of it?

Are you implying all we did was personally attack steve30x?
 
Saying PD will completely cut off their highly successful franchise because of some complainers on the Internet is absurd though.

Sure, that's the situation now. Ever visited the LFS forums? Pretty dire; caustic, even - at least as far as conversations regarding the devs, specifically their work habits, goes.
Hypothetical thread, though.

Are you implying all we did was personally attack steve30x?

Not really, as such. But there were a lot of references to "history", and little discussion of the point actually made (or at least discussion of a "sensible" projection of the implied point, perhaps). Mind you, I might be wrong, it was hard to follow.
 
If you really are coming up with valid arguments, maybe you should do it one at a time next time so the rest of us can follow it. Otherwise, it's just useless noise, and we're likely missing out on something genuinely insightful.

Most of the people you're calling out (try to act innocent) are in the very threads you elaborate sound and physics in with equal evidence. So it's quite easy to follow I don't know how it isn't for you, maybe sheer laziness who knows..

Not really, as such. But there were a lot of references to "history", and little discussion of the point actually made (or at least discussion of a "sensible" projection of the implied point, perhaps). Mind you, I might be wrong, it was hard to follow.

If it is hard to follow then you didn't go back far enough. Also many of us usually argue the same people with convoluted points that aren't based in fact (e.g. the history you speak of). We are on the same threads as you if you don't take notice or can't be bothered to remember arguments I don't blame you, some of us have a better memory or tendency to hold onto things than others.
 
Most of the people you're calling out (try to act innocent) are in the very threads you elaborate sound and physics in with equal evidence. So it's quite easy to follow I don't know how it isn't for you, maybe sheer laziness who knows..



If it is hard to follow then you didn't go back far enough. Also many of us usually argue the same people with convoluted points that aren't based in fact (e.g. the history you speak of). We are on the same threads as you if you don't take notice or can't be bothered to remember arguments I don't blame you, some of us have a better memory or tendency to hold onto things than others.

How far back do I need to go? The two deliberate misrepresentations of the words written? (Presumably baiting him into saying what they wanted him to say, so as to continue the fruitless "complainers gotta complain" roundabout that you all dragged with you). Within about 3 posts it wasn't about PD throwing in the towel because of some hypothetical future backlash, but instead about why people are entitled to complain - the same argument that has been hashed out in practically every thread ever.

Besides, I dont remember these specific past arguments because I don't read them - they're entirely uninteresting to me (I happen to be a complainer, there is no other option). But thanks for the insults.

I suspect this is going to turn into another ugly "substantiate your points" pseudo-"debate" where "winning" is the only option. And that statement is probably only fuel for the fire... I was next, though, wasn't I? Damn vultures! :p


Still, there must be examples where studios gave up on certain games because of their reception in some form or other (LFS must have come close). I think that's interesting, and it does not affect your statutory right to complain. :)
 
Samus
So what does that make the people that complain about complaints?

Jokes and complaints are two different things, you can do what thou wilt 👍
 
How far back do I need to go? The two deliberate misrepresentations of the words written? (Presumably baiting him into saying what they wanted him to say, so as to continue the fruitless "complainers gotta complain" roundabout that you all dragged with you). Within about 3 posts it wasn't about PD throwing in the towel because of some hypothetical future backlash, but instead about why people are entitled to complain - the same argument that has been hashed out in practically every thread ever.

Besides, I dont remember these specific past arguments because I don't read them - they're entirely uninteresting to me (I happen to be a complainer, there is no other option). But thanks for the insults.

I suspect this is going to turn into another ugly "substantiate your points" pseudo-"debate" where "winning" is the only option. And that statement is probably only fuel for the fire... I was next, though, wasn't I? Damn vultures! :p


Still, there must be examples where studios gave up on certain games because of their reception in some form or other (LFS must have come close). I think that's interesting, and it does not affect your statutory right to complain. :)

It's hard to see how I'm insulting you, yet consider you a smart guy on these forums...

Anyways it seemed you were defending steve who was lining up some asinine argument and thus this all started. Also there will never be enough backlash for GT to fail, I mean unless enough people become jaded with the series and thus don't help the PD hype engine run, so the casual GT players that couldn't care less about these forums stop buying the games because they aren't aware of popular news about said series...
 
GT may never end, but I have a feeling this thread might end soon.:sly:

Available at deep discounts to GTP users:
fireSuit.jpg
 
How far back do I need to go? The two deliberate misrepresentations of the words written? (Presumably baiting him into saying what they wanted him to say, so as to continue the fruitless "complainers gotta complain" roundabout that you all dragged with you). Within about 3 posts it wasn't about PD throwing in the towel because of some hypothetical future backlash, but instead about why people are entitled to complain - the same argument that has been hashed out in practically every thread ever.

Besides, I dont remember these specific past arguments because I don't read them - they're entirely uninteresting to me (I happen to be a complainer, there is no other option). But thanks for the insults.

I suspect this is going to turn into another ugly "substantiate your points" pseudo-"debate" where "winning" is the only option. And that statement is probably only fuel for the fire... I was next, though, wasn't I? Damn vultures! :p


Still, there must be examples where studios gave up on certain games because of their reception in some form or other (LFS must have come close). I think that's interesting, and it does not affect your statutory right to complain. :)
I think you should just give up. These people will just keep going until the end of time and try to make you look like the bad guy. They will pick on this post looking for another argument but I'm just going to ignore them because its just not worth my while when the argument will keep going around in circles going nowhere.
 
Johnnypenso
GT may never end, but I have a feeling this thread might end soon.:sly:

This is actually the only on topic post on the entire page that my phone app shows... Says it all really 👎
 
This is actually the only on topic post on the entire page that my phone app shows... Says it all really 👎
Thats because some people made a big deal of what I had to say here and just couldn't let it go

As long as there is a Sony Console then I cant see it ending unless PD gets fedup of all the criticising of their hard work.
 
steve30x
Thats because some people made a big deal of what I had to say here and just couldn't let it go

One might suggest that if no one can remain on topic for an entire page then the thread has run its course and can be locked.

Meanwhile I personally think there's no reason the game will end as long as there's demand, and I sure as hell demand more GT!
 
Back