Will GT ever end?

  • Thread starter Thread starter funnyguy344
  • 227 comments
  • 13,768 views

Do you think GT will EVER end


  • Total voters
    313
Realizing that both series are going downhill, Square-Enix and Polyphony Digital will team up to produce the most unlikely crossover game to serve as the finale to both games:

Final Fanturismo XVI-7 C-spec: The Final Driving Simulator
 
Everything is going to end one day. The earth we live on, will end one day.
 
Just like everything else, eventually, someday it will.
 
If Gran Turismo isn't dead by the time our star becomes a red giant and cookie monsters the Earth, that'll probably do it in.
 
Nothing he said in the OP alters the question he asked in any way. The only definition of his question he provided is in the thread title: "Will GT ever end?", and the poll question with the extra emphasis on "ever": "Do you think GT will EVER end".
hahahaha ok, sooooo

Thread title: Will the world ever end?

Thread starter's thought!: I don't think it will (or any time soon?).


Whatever you want it to be, it'll be just that.

I think Kaz is more likely to die before he'd step down, but yes... As much as some people here love to berate Kaz, GT will likely go south pretty quickly once he's out of the picture.

There's a small chance that the series could end up in the hands of somebody who really gets it, in which case the series could continue to be great. But the odds of it being whored out COD/NFS-style in favor of money over quality are much higher, I think.
so you're telling us there's a chance...
 
Last edited:
As long as there is a demand for it Sony will not allow it to end.
 
hahahaha ok, sooooo

Thread title: Will the world ever end?

Thread starter's thought!: I don't think it will (or any time soon?).

The OP never said anything about him not thinking the series will end "any time soon". The only thing even remotely close to insinuating this is the fact that he said he guesses that GT7/8 will be for PS4 and 9/10 for PS5, but that's quite a jump from that to assuming he's only talking about the series not ending any time soon. Were you expecting the OP to keep listing pairs of theoretical GT releases with theoretical PlayStation consoles to infinity?

so you're telling us there's a chance...

Chance that the series will continue on successfully post-Kaz for a while, yes.
 
As long as there is a Sony Console then I cant see it ending unless PD gets fedup of all the criticising of their hard work.

I think GT needs to end right now and then comeback as something else, sadly that won't happen anytime soon thanks to the legions of fanboys that will continue to buy it until the end of the world.
Why must it end? Are one of those people who thinks GT must have fast cars only? You know at least half of us who play GT enjoy the slower cars too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As long as there is a Sony Console then I cant see it ending unless PD gets fedup of all the criticising of their hard work.
So, solely because PD works hard, they're ensured (for lack of a better word) immunity to any form of criticism?
 
Last edited:
So, solely because PD works hard, they're ensured (for lack of a better word) immunity to any form of criticism?
I didnt say that. I said they could get fedup of the criticism.
 
As long as there is a Sony Console then I cant see it ending unless PD gets fedup of all the criticising of their hard work.

Please stop being ridiculous. NOTHING is above criticism. Not to mention we are giving up real money to play GT games. We have every right to criticize them, whether it hurts PD's feelings or not. Which I'm sure it doesn't. GT5 sold over 10 million copies after all. With that much success, I doubt they give a 🤬 about some harsh words from a few people on an Internet forum.
 
I didnt say that. I said they could get fedup of the criticism.
Perhaps I should rephrase my previous post; ''...supposed to be ensured immunity to any form of criticism''. But getting fed up with the criticism and simply quitting business for that reason alone sure suggest that anyway, in my opinion. ''We're butthurt because our hard work is being criticised constantly. No more games for you!''

But that's unlikely.
 
The fact of life is that everything ends at some point. Will it end soon? hell no.
 
Please stop being ridiculous. NOTHING is above criticism. Not to mention we are giving up real money to play GT games. We have every right to criticize them, whether it hurts PD's feelings or not. Which I'm sure it doesn't. GT5 sold over 10 million copies after all. With that much success, I doubt they give a 🤬 about some harsh words from a few people on an Internet forum.
No whats redicolous is some of the silly complaints of GT i see on GTPlanet.

Perhaps I should rephrase my previous post; ''...supposed to be ensured immunity to any form of criticism''. But getting fed up with the criticism and simply quitting business for that reason alone sure suggest that anyway, in my opinion. ''We're butthurt because our hard work is being criticised constantly. No more games for you!''

But that's unlikely.
I know after many years of nothing but criticism from so called GT fans I would be inclined to quit because nothing is ever good enough for some of you. I know some people will be Buthurt over this comment too because they cant face the reality that GT will never be perfect so they think its alright to complain about the smallest thing that most people wont even notice.
 
No whats redicolous is some of the silly complaints of GT i see on GTPlanet.

Guess what? GT isn't the only video game series that has to deal with this.

I know after many years of nothing but criticism from so called GT fans I would be inclined to quit because nothing is ever good enough for some of you. I know some people will be Buthurt over this comment too because they cant face the reality that GT will never be perfect so they think its alright to complain about the smallest thing that most people wont even notice.

So you would quit making games because some anonymous people said negative things about them? And let down your fans who DO love the games, which greatly outnumber the "haters", in the process? Seriously, stop blowing the amount of criticism out of proportion.
 
Guess what? GT isn't the only video game series that has to deal with this.
Guess what. I know that already.



So you would quit making games because some anonymous people said negative things about them? And let down your fans who DO love the games, which greatly outnumber the "haters", in the process? Seriously, stop blowing the amount of criticism out of proportion.
Not going to happen
 
No whats redicolous is some of the silly complaints of GT i see on GTPlanet.

I know after many years of nothing but criticism from so called GT fans I would be inclined to quit because nothing is ever good enough for some of you. I know some people will be Buthurt over this comment too because they cant face the reality that GT will never be perfect so they think its alright to complain about the smallest thing that most people wont even notice.

I'm sure the millions of dollars in PD and Sony's pockets will go some way to making them feel a little better.

I mean, work on one of the most famous racing titles in the world, make a ton of money and put up with some criticism (which they probably just have a laugh at some of the wacky stuff anyway)?

Or chuck your toys, quit and go work somewhere that your work isn't criticized? I'm not sure where that would be exactly, but it sure sounds like you think that some jobs should be immune.

I'll tell you something. If people don't care enough about your work to criticise it, they probably don't care enough to appreciate it either. You gotta take the rough with the smooth.
 
I know after many years of nothing but criticism from so called GT fans I would be inclined to quit because nothing is ever good enough for some of you. I know some people will be Buthurt over this comment too because they cant face the reality that GT will never be perfect so they think its alright to complain about the smallest thing that most people wont even notice.

Do yourself and the world a favour and don't ever start a business...lol. Criticism and negative feedback is your primary way of finding out how to improve your business. It is a fundamental necessity if you want to get better and better over time. There is nothing better for PD and Kaz than the feedback they get right here on GTP.
 
No whats redicolous is some of the silly complaints of GT i see on GTPlanet.

I know after many years of nothing but criticism from so called GT fans I would be inclined to quit because nothing is ever good enough for some of you.
Have it occured to you that there might be a good reason for ''years of nothing but criticism'' or ''silly complaints'' by (mostly) passionate fans? Like, lagging behind your competitors in important areas, among other things? Besides, the GT series isn't alone in having to deal with criticism on a daily basis, yet we're still here. Gran Turismo will at some point end. But being a butthurt developer will have very little to do with it.

I know some people will be Buthurt over this comment too because they cant face the reality that GT will never be perfect so they think its alright to complain about the smallest thing that most people wont even notice.
No game, or anything for that matter, will ever be completely flawless. I'm sure the vast majority of us here would agree with that statement.
 
No whats redicolous is some of the silly complaints of GT i see on GTPlanet.

I know after many years of nothing but criticism from so called GT fans I would be inclined to quit because nothing is ever good enough for some of you. I know some people will be Buthurt over this comment too because they cant face the reality that GT will never be perfect so they think its alright to complain about the smallest thing that most people wont even notice.

Who here said they expect GT to be perfect?
 
Well, thanks for giving us forewarning that you're not going to stop invalidating your own argument, I guess.
Its only in your eyes I am anvalidating my arguments.

Who here said they expect GT to be perfect?
Everybody that complains about the small things that dont really matter expect the game to be perfect
 
I didnt say it was a shock did I?

Give us some examples of what you feel are the "silly complaints" rampant here at GTP and maybe we'll understand where you are coming from.
 
Everybody that complains about the small things that dont really matter expect the game to be perfect
Such as?
 
I didnt say it was a shock did I?

With the way you have kept up this crusade against complainers ever since GT5's release, it apparently is.
 
Back