World Event - 650pp Fuji - Ferrari F40 / R Tires Only :00 & :30

• Thread starter Earth
  • 1,068 comments
I don't know about you guys, but i am having a hard time getting into races with you all.

Are we running the 12 or 15 minute cycles?

EDIT:

Okay, the 1`2 min cycles, perhaps it is just too crowded, races begin very quickly :)

Btw GTPR_Loost, i was leaving you some room coming out the chicane, you did not touch me; you were just a lot quicker :cheers: , i thought i'd let you passd but thank you for letting me finish first anyway :)

I raced with you last night spyhunter, I ran wide in first corner and you passed me nicely, lol then some guy ended up punting me off the track. You were in the lead for a tad until i noticed you in a gravel trap, looks like he got you too? : (

F1CE from JP is pretty darn quick. Had a good race with him last night. So is Ashdtv. Not sure how clean F1CE is, as he didn't get that close, but Ashdtv is very clean, and battles fair. I really need to start writing down the names of the guys that I have good races with.

Grid is setup with GTRs in front, 430s in back. Other then that, I have seen no other qualifiers. I can assume the GTR gets front as it gets out of the hole better, and has less top speed.

My trick to the start, in the GTR, is get to the inside as quick and clean as I can. Brake just a little early, but not hard, to see what the guy behind me is thinking. If I see the punt coming I jump the brakes HARD, and fight to keep it on track. Usually to the determent of others, unfortunately. :guilty: If I think I can "beat the punt" by accelerating away through the corner, I will do that instead, though. If the punt doesn't come, drop to 3rd, tight line it around the corner. Usually I will put the two inside wheels in the grass even. Accelerate hard to the next right, drop to second to rotate the car, and continue to stay inside. Let the car drift out if it is clear, otherwise modulate throttle and make sure to not be beside anyone going into the esses. From then on, just watch your rear.

If in the 430, just sit back and let the madness happen. Watch for puntees coming back onto the road without looking who is coming.

Also, as I mentioned to Earth, I never pass on the outside. Ever. I wait for the car ahead to go wide, or I will set them up with a slow in, fast out technique. They can't punt you if you are inside them. Best to do it under braking. Favorite places are the hairpin, and Casio. Never on the long back straight, just ride their rear, and let them make the mistake going through the left into Casio.

Fully agree with you. I'm slowly getting a litle more competent in Turn 1 (using the GTR), I just make turns 1 and 2 always on the inside. It's not the fastest line, but it sure is the safest.

I raced with you last night spyhunter, I ran wide in first corner and you passed me nicely, lol then some guy ended up punting me off the track. You were in the lead for a tad until i noticed you in a gravel trap, looks like he got you too? : (

I can't remember if he got me, or I just got sloppy. LOL. Had a few of those recently. Out in front, stop paying attention. LOL. I think it was probably my own doing.

I can't remember if he got me, or I just got sloppy. LOL. Had a few of those recently. Out in front, stop paying attention. LOL. I think it was probably my own doing.

Haha yeah I do the same lose concentration and boom, race over

thanks to everyone i raced against yesterday on track :)

it was a pleasure to meet you 👍

It was a pleasure to meet you too, Madforce 👍 Impressive driving, sorry about my slow GTR being sometimes on your way to the top spots.

btw - do you only go to sleep when the sun comes up :sly: ? When I went to bed it was past 3 AM here, so past 4 AM where you live, I think ...

Last night's races were fun. On several ocasions, by the hairpin in the second lap I was already seeing the pack of Ferraris growing in my rear view mirror :nervous:

blue - zabeu
yellow - Honeycar
black - Madforce

And when the last lap started, if I hadn't messed up myself already, I could almost see your helmets :dopey:

I had great fun! Hope you guys had too 👍

Man, I was having issues today. Sorry, everyone.

Tampaq, did I hit GTRP_Muffin going into the hairpin? Thought I may have caused him to spin. Was probably too aggresive in that instance. That is why I waited, obviously. Nice of you to wait for us! Thanks.

I will try to be on point next time I am on. Sheesh.

I also had a great time racing you GTP guys the last few days. Loved the first place finish where Honeycar was coming up fast and had there been another 50 yards of track, he would have caught me.

Sorry again for the bumps and nudges to some of you guys. Cashwars tried to pass on the last chicane a couple of days ago and he came up on me so fast I didn't see him on my outside. Sorry for that bump Cashwars. I saw you stayed put there for the rest of the race.

I hope you weren't peeved.

awesome Race guys 👍👍👍

Timppaq with a 6:37 and the 9th position only 6 seceonds behind :scared:

too bad i coudnt overtake and too bad there were only 3 laps :nervous:

Yeah, very close Race:tup:

Attachments

• nice race.jpg
    nice race.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 381
indeed.. timppaq was very fast in that one.. good stuff

Hey, I remember your screenname. You punted me off three times in two races yesterday at suzuka. I wanted to send you a message but couldn't remember how to spell your PSN name. Just wanted to say thanks for the punting.

Synwraith, good race. I think you were having major lag (to me at least) you were all over the track, often sideways and smoking. I gave you plenty of room because of that. I could have stuck a nose under you at least 5 times and taken the line on the last lap and a half but because of the lag I didn't want to take the chance of punting you. I hope to see you again sans lag!

It's getting pretty sweaty here... :) ..Great racing guys!!!!!! ...15 laps and a privat room sounds good to me.... :) ..I'll be back in a min... 👍👍👍👍

[GTRP]muffin;3081905
Sorry fusflash,was bit too close in the 130r.did you get a penalty for that?
I almost didn't noticed the touch.

I do get a penalty today for the smallest of touches. I think PD is working on the penalty system again. :)

Yeesh...the penalties are rough today. I've had enough for now. I'm be back later tonight and see how my fellow Americans play. Thanks for the racing those of you I did race.

GTP_Beerz - Sorry about the move up the inside at the hairpin - it was absolutely ridiculous. Hope it didn't ruin your race.

No problem, only a couple of seconds lost, no biggie.
Loved that moment we had on turns 1 and 2, it's one for the books of realistic racing. :cheers:

Sorry if I ruined anyone's race with my crappy driving. :(
I can't stay focused for more than 30 seconds and kept making errors on about half the turns during this race...

Back