Worst Car in GT Sport?

• Thread starter NoFinClue
  • 183 comments
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo, which was deleted from my garage with no regret, and those Tomahawks futuristic railroad handling vehicles.

becasue thry are a waste of space especially in a content lacking game.
For every VGT we don't get a
ZZ2

Explain the difference between a VGT and the Tommy Kaira ZZII...

It's not like it EVER got into production, and just like the VGT's, if it weren't for Gran Turismo, you would have never known about it.

Cheers

At least the Bugatti VGT was actually produced and sold to a private customer. I'd say that's more real than a ZZII. :lol:

Going back to the LaFerrari, it isn’t a bad car to drive IF you tune it. Stock, it wheelspins everywhere and feels like it has too much power for the chassis to handle.

The Vulcan, on the other hand, feels horrendous, even if you try to tune it. The lack of downforce might be the reason

Vulcan seems to be winning the worse car stakes at the minute, and I have to agree as the car is not at all like it is in the game as it is in real life!

The Grand Tour had it on in the first series and they really rated it's handling, obviously PD doesn't watch the show :lol:

The Infiniti VGT is pretty awful too, feels like it's on ice when you try to turn a corner and the brakes are so slow to respond it feels like they have just fitted a set from a Fiat Panda!

Explain the difference between a VGT and the Tommy Kaira ZZII...

It's not like it EVER got into production, and just like the VGT's, if it weren't for Gran Turismo, you would have never known about it.

Cheers

It's a franchise fan favorite, that's the difference.

Dan
At least the Bugatti VGT was actually produced and sold to a private customer. I'd say that's more real than a ZZII. :lol:

They built a one of and sold it to a rich guy, how is that much different then TK building their one ZZ2 ?

:lol: anything to defend all the joke decision NS mismanagement in Gtsport ehh ?

i also mentioned many other cars, what no comment about them LMAO

It's a franchise fan favorite, that's the difference.

They built a one of and sold it to a rich guy, how is that much different then TK building their one ZZ2 ?

:lol: anything to defend all the joke decision NS mismanagement in Gtsport ehh ?

i also mentioned many other cars, what no comment about them LMAO
Yeah, and the ZZII was once new to the franchise too, just like the Vision GTs.

It is indeed a shame though that the other cars that you mentioned aren’t in GT Sport, but maybe someday. ;)

And you’re breaking the AuP, not because you’re unhappy with the GT franchise, but because your spelling is pretty bad. Just saying that you should improve your spelling so that you don’t get a warning from the mods.

The Daihatsu. It's terrible to drive and being a VGT you can't actually use it for anything. I wish some of the VGTs would be put into real classes if they don't get class specific variants like the Group 1 Tomahawk. For example, the Mercedes AMG VGT Racing Series could be put in Group 3. Not a separate Group 3 variant, just BoP it into Group 3.
NO
We have already a bazzilion Gr.3 cars don't make it worse

The Veneno was my prize car for getting silver in all mission challenges. I was pretty happy, because it's a rather expensive car in the game, and I never got to drive one in a video game (not in real life either, indeed).

I tried it on several tracks, and aw man, it was painful. The car is fast, yes, but it's a STONE! It doesn't steer, it hardly brakes, corners with kerbs are basically like playing Russian roulette...

So my guess is, even in real life, it's not really a track car; just a show-off car with extreme aerodynamics and outrageous fabrics and fancy materials to flatter their very exclusive owner - a quintessential supercar. So, basically, it's nice to own, not so much to drive. I'm happy to have it, not to drive it.

Maybe there's a tune that might make it work better (if so, please let me know).

Also, about VGT cars, I think they are now part of the identity of Gran Turismo as a franchise. Whether people like it or not, that's Kaz' will from a long time ago, and he and Polyphony Digital managed to give it birth, with real brands involved. And it's crazy to see some of these cars brought to life, like the Bugatti, which has a lot of the Chiron DNA (or is that the other way around?), or the Mercedes featured in Justice League. It's a real feat, when you think about it.

batfleck-vgtmobile.jpg

Imo the worst car in GT Sport is LITERALLY EVERY FF GT4 CAR
They understeer like crazy and in corners you have to let of the gas while the other guy with the "insert FR GT4 car here" just slides past you without a care in the world

Often The problem is not the, single, car but it's the standard setup , sopensions , slip differential, tires.
On a 2 Milion car doesn't match sport hard tires as "common/cheap" (by comparasion) sport car (ford focus(1))

(1) only for reference, obviously.

IR

Megane
Beetle
Anything with VGT in the name.
100% agree.
Megane would be fine if balanced.
In GT5+6 it worked fine to balance Cars with power and weight only in lobbys.
I dont know how they balance them here. But it does not work at the Moment for some special Cars.
If for example all cars are limited to min. 1100kg and max. 300kw they would all be very similar not depending on fast or curvy tracks or whatever.

Worst car I've driven personally is the Veneno. If that's what it handles like in real life I'm surprised there aren't more dead billionaires.
Tbh I think almost all of the N500 and above N groups are terrible. None of them handle like they should (not that I've driven any of them in real life lol). My 1.9tdi Audi A3 handles better than most of them.

They understeer like crazy and in corners you have to let of the gas while the other guy with the "insert FR GT4 car here" just slides past you without a care in the world

Your not aware of the dominance of the Megane and Scirocco in Gr.4 then :sly:. Otherwise, I'd say pretty much all FF cars have the upper hand in Gr.4, mainly due to BoP. Personally I find the TT to be the best to drive, bags of grip and light on it's feet.

Ferrari is my favourite manufacturer and so it is with great shame and some anger that the worse car for me is the La Ferrari.

I was so excited when I finally had enough credits to buy the thing and when I finally drove it I was so dissapointed. Enough to never touch it again. 2 million credits down the toilet.

Performance wise, soon the Volkswagen Samba bus is the worst. The Atenza is a rocket compared to it. The VW only has 32 HP.
In terms of the vehicle itself, I love it. It would be a great canvas for liveries and has lots of character.

The RCZ Gr4 isn't one of the powerful FF's, don't be surprised if it actually gets a power buff in next patch. The RCZ is easy to handle through corners because of its short gearing.

Just gave the oddlings ( LaFerrari, Veneno, Vulcan) a go and took them for a ride. And what should I say, boy, what a blast to drive them.Really cool and super fast Cars. At first I didn’t change Tires as they were all suited with Sport Hard. No TCS and no Assists just ABS. A bit tricky but nothing that couldn't be handled with a gentle foot. I mean 1000hp Road Cars what do you expect? Then I switched to Racing Hard, and i just couldn’t stop smiling. Superb handling and I almost beat my Gr3 best times at Alsace Village. Well 4 seconds slower but keep in mind they are Road Cars. So strange that they appear to some people that bad to drive.

It's all a matter of preference really. I think the Vulcan and Veneno are really frustrating to drive.

On the other hand, the Gr.3 NSX; which a fair few have slated for being a bit "sketchy", is my favourite car in the class. Suits my driving style right down to a T. In other words, agile, great turn in, and the right amount of oversteer/edge to be both fun and controllable. It's horses for courses at the end of the day.

It's clear to me that no one in this thread has played Project Cars 2. The Road A hypercars are ridiculously hard to drive without Traction Control. I've done it in a Porsche 918 and you will not believe how quickly it snaps with incorrect throttle application. In fact, it actually handles WORSE than the notorious 935 which has deadly turbo lag, a rear mounted engine and rear wheel drive. The La Ferrari in this game is difficult, but not soo difficult that it's basically undriveable.

Worst I've tried are the Lamborghini Veneno and Alpine VGT.

For hypercars however I would switch to more track focused tyres if seriously racing. They're just too quick for road biased tyres.

It's clear to me that no one in this thread has played Project Cars 2. The Road A hypercars are ridiculously hard to drive without Traction Control. I've done it in a Porsche 918 and you will not believe how quickly it snaps with incorrect throttle application. In fact, it actually handles WORSE than the notorious 935 which has deadly turbo lag, a rear mounted engine and rear wheel drive. The La Ferrari in this game is difficult, but not soo difficult that it's basically undriveable.
Even a P1 GTR with extra power, more downforce, weight drop and stickier tyres laps slower than a GTE or GT3 car with half the power. This despite massive straight line speed. Just shows how tricky they are.

Worst I've tried are the Lamborghini Veneno and Alpine VGT.

Which Alpine VGT are you referring to? There are three versions:
"Alpine Vision Gran Turismo 2017" which is in Gr.1
"Alpine Vision Gran Turismo"
"Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode"

I only have the first version and I have to say it is a wonderful car to drive. The handling is super easy to get comfortable with, and the acceleration is very smooth. In my opinion, it's one of the best cars in the game.

I mean 1000hp Road Cars what do you expect?
I can't speak for others, but I expect a 1000hp road car to have a matching set up. For God's sake, TheFerrari lift at small bumps in high speeds. It loose all traction on the front wheels. And at high speeds (not top speed) you have to brake before the 200m mark. First time I drove it I made the mistake of braking between 150 and 200m. In real life I would have turned into ketchup in the impact, because of the speed I had into the barrier at the end of the road. It's ridiculous. It would have been Ferrari's "widow maker" if it was that bad in real life.

Latest Posts

Back