Worst Sounding Cars in GT6

6gQMBgJ.gif

The real Sauber Mercedes sounds amazing! Poly Phony Digital should really put the SLS AMGs engine noise & stock muffler noise on the Sauber in game & it & It will sound just as luxurious low revs & roar high revs like the real one!

The CLK AMG has one of the worst mufflers in game. I don't like that sound with a passion. Cars with only that muffler I refuse to drive. Others which I can change muffler to stock, sports or semi racing I use those instead. I avoid the vacuum cleaner muffler at all costs which is annoying to listen to that is available to around 50% of the games cars. I also noticed every V8 Mercedes road car in game has a rally car sounding race muffler. Like come on that is ridiculous. I just end up using stock & Semi racing for the V8 sounds.

Last edited:
How do we put this...

First we have the cars with wrong samples which although not all cars, they are indeed a lot (especially race cars). Once we name those, we can focus on the sound effects themselves which are terrible in... pretty much every car in the game, and...

... It's tempting to start on my rambling about sounds in GT every time I see a thread like this, but I honestly just give up...

The only thing I respect about the sounds in GT is the surround effects, and the sense of distance and direction. The rest is just unforgivable.

...I'll go back to play Flopza now.

Check the real car. 5:24, for instance.

The problem with that particular example is that an unsilenced exhaust should sound pretty rad, yo, but in GTx any non-stock exhaust sounds like a four cylinder. :irked:

The Audi R8, I've driven one in real life and the GT version sounds nothing like it.
I've only been a passenger in one and the lack of intake sound (in the game, in totality) really hurts that car in the game, despite, even, how quiet it is in real life (I was used to somewhat more raw and / or "agricultural" vehicles, though). Unfortunately, given PD's past decisions and the current sampling scheme, it's not easy to fix. Hopefully the sound improvements (GT6, or future) will bring us joy on that front, at last - current sound drop out problems, and a change in the camera switching sound behaviour, both point to work being done (in the background) to handle more sound sources.

The Chrysler Crossfire with stock exhaust sounds absolutely gut-wrenching...
How could a car possibly make that noise?

If you've never heard the Ferrari FXX, give this a listen. It is in the dictionary under the definition of "aural sex". It is one of the most ferocious sounding cars ever made IMO. In GT6...yeah not so much:tdown:👎 To say they missed the mark on this one would imply that the mark was ever in sight. It wasn't.

Yes the Sound of the FXX is really horrible in GT6 I dont know what they did there.... And ist really possible to get it right ! here is a good example. Skip to 1:25 for exahust Sound.

For the most part I am not as hung-up on sound as many members but there are some horrendous examples.

TOYOTA GT-ONE
It is beyond belief how PD thought this sounded acceptable never mind realistic.

MERCEDES SAUBER C9
It is beyond belief how PD thought this sounded acceptable never mind realistic. Since PD just did a copy-and-paste from the Toyota I will do the same.

BMW Z4 GT3
Seeing as though this was the car used in the video to show target quality for engine sounds you think they would have ensured it sounded bang-on like the real thing. But instead it sounds like it's V8 is running as a 3cyl.

AUDI R18 TDI
It is not the worst sounding car in GT6, not by a long way, but I drive it daily and I keep thinking why just copy and paste the R10 TDI engine sound across? It is a completely different engine (R18 3.7lt V6 TDI and R10 5.5lt V12 TDI) and the R10 TDI was not exactly accurate to start with. They do not have any diesel characteristics.

Last edited:
For the most part I am not as hung-up on sound as many members but there are some horrendous examples.

TOYOTA GT-ONE
It is beyond belief how PD thought this sounded acceptable never mind realistic.

MERCEDES SAUBER C9
It is beyond belief how PD thought this sounded acceptable never mind realistic. Since PD just did a copy-and-paste from the Toyota I will do the same.

Do they sound exactly like they did in GT5???

🤬 you PD!!!

It's hard to think of one in particular that sounds offensively bad; I know my favourite sounding cars are the Cizeta V16T and Ferrari Daytona, the bits of the sound I really don't like are the tyre screeching and transmission whine.

edit:
If this was a post about most incorrect sound, rather than worst, then my vote would go to the Zonda R

Last edited:
Yes the Sound of the FXX is really horrible in GT6 I dont know what they did there.... And ist really possible to get it right ! here is a good example. Skip to 1:25 for exahust Sound.

Not bad. Obviously synthesized and distorted, but even so I'd rather have that than the joke of a sound package that comes with the FXX in GT6. The car should sound like your girlfriend wanting to rip your face off after she caught you shagging her 18 year old sister, not your gran handing you a plate of cookies on your birthday.

To me, for pretty much all of the race cars, the problem is that they all sound extremely digital and synthetic. They don't sound like real engines, no matter what configuration they're meant to sound like. V6, V8, V10, they all have that awful, synthetic sound to them, many of them seemingly using the exact same sample. It makes most race cars in GT sound the same, all bad. It's like there are 100 race cars and about 6 unique samples.

The road cars are hit or miss in terms of synthetic sounding but the race cars, I can't think of one that I thought 'Yep, that sounds like A CAR'.

To me, for pretty much all of the race cars, the problem is that they all sound extremely digital and synthetic. They don't sound like real engines, no matter what configuration they're meant to sound like. V6, V8, V10, they all have that awful, synthetic sound to them, many of them seemingly using the exact same sample. It makes most race cars in GT sound the same, all bad. It's like there are 100 race cars and about 6 unique samples.

The road cars are hit or miss in terms of synthetic sounding but the race cars, I can't think of one that I thought 'Yep, that sounds like A CAR'.
I think I know what you mean. My interpretation is that the lack of intake / induction sound leaves the sterile exhaust sound (as it only can be, given the length of the loops) out on a limb, so to speak. Particularly on the interior, that "layer" is really important, but it also "solidifies" the external sound and adds a degree of, well, depth.

The Mclaren 12C is also guilty of crimes against audio. The sound wasn't the best in GT5 but I found it tolerable. In GT6, it's just completely unacceptable.

Last edited:
Mazda RX-7. The rotary still sounds like a vacuum cleaner in the game. I want better. Many sounds are bad here, but the rotary sound really pisses me off.

Ferrari FXX is an embarrassment and I just bought the Veyron and it sounds exactly the same as the Huayra. Neither sound anything like they do in real life.

The Veyron though, what a car. I hear a lot of people whinge about it on this forum but it is so quick!

So hard to choose, but I'd have to say pretty much any of the V8 American engines. I guess in particular, the most ridiculous is either the 97 and 00 Camaro's with exhaust, or the Mustang's with exhaust. They of course sound horrific and vacuum-like stock, but then turn into motorcycle engines with exhaust.

Back