Worst You've Dealt With Online...

I got kicked because my name starts with a K, seriously!

I made my in-game name T. Swift. Did it for the laughs. My room receptions are usually pretty funny. One time it was seriously creepy.

Anyway I've had a very pleasant time online so far. The only thing "bad" that has happened was last night when people were lining up on the front straight at Willow Springs to drag race and this one guy would wait until everyone lined up and then he'd just run into all of them. It happened four times in a row and no one said anything. I wasn't participating. I was just sitting on the side of the track watching and while it was a pretty messed up thing to do, it was also kind of funny.

Last edited:
I made my in-game name T. Swift. Did it for the laughs. My room receptions are usually pretty funny. One time it was seriously creepy.

Anyway I've had a very pleasant time online so far. The only thing "bad" that has happened was last night when people were lining up on the front straight at Willow Springs to drag race and this one guy would wait until everyone lined up and then he'd just run into all of them. I wasn't participating. I was just sitting on the side of the track watching and while it was a pretty messed up thing to do, it was also kind of funny.
You can change your in-game name but I think there is a limit to how many times you can change it if I recall correctly which is a shame. I was thinking of doing J.Bieber, K.West, A.Senna, L.Hamilton and a couple of other funny ones :lol: .

You can change your in-game name but I think there is a limit to how many times you can change it if I recall correctly which is a shame. I was thinking of doing J.Bieber, K.West, A.Senna, L.Hamilton and a couple of other funny ones :lol: .

Yeah the limit is a strange thing to have. You can have three names. I started as my real name and was like "hey, that's no fun", so I changed it and it gave me a warning saying I can only change it one more time. Don't know why they decided to put a limit on something like that.

I never deal with anyone online really, because if it's my room and they're acting like idiots, they get kicked. Or if the host of another room isn't doing anything about it i just leave. I don't give them the time to give me a story to post in a thread.

Yeah the limit is a strange thing to have. You can have three names. I started as my real name and was like "hey, that's no fun", so I changed it and it gave me a warning saying I can only change it one more time. Don't know why they decided to put a limit on something like that.
I think they are encouraging people to use their real names in the first place.

Typical day on Gran Turismo: Joined a Nurburgring lobby expecting hell and got just that. Idiots in X1s and Tank Cars ramming everyone and everything. The host somehow got disconnected (or kicked, not sure) and somehow I became host (probably a glitch or something, not sure). What did I do? Kick absolutely everyone except 2 people who were complaining about the rammers. The lobby went pretty well afterwards.
Then I got bored and left to join a Route X lobby to break in my Viper GTS '02 (which was tuned to 1,014HP). There were 3 Veyrons, a One-77, and an X2011 Prototype. The X1 driver could not keep the thing in a straight line, and ended up crashing into me, therefore spinning the two of us out. I wrote "If you can't handle that thing you should be driving it." He wrote "stfu kick Dup" and I was booted. I wrote a very angry message to the host of that lobby, and he has now become a permanent guest on my block list. :lol:
Then I joined back to the Nurburgring lobby I was hosting and found that it was chaotic once again. I immediately left.

I was on that server too :P It went all fine for at least 1,5 hours. But when a few people started drag racing and going wrong way down the long straight. The room went from perfectly fine to **** in just a few minutes, so after a few head on crashes I decided to leave...

Such a shame how people come and ruin a good room that was online for ~2hours... :(

Some guy wanted to show off his LMP "drift" car. This was too good to be true (and it was). He just did a powerslide into a corner at 150 MPH, knocking six actual drifters out. The chat box filled up with angry complaints. The host and the arse nugget who was drifting both shared some sort of clan tag, so I assume they were friends. The host kicked six people and the guy in the LMP replied "thx bro lmao" and continued sliding around like a total idiot. I grew a pair and said "why did you kick them? they didn't do anything wrong." The host said "stfu *expletive*" and kicked me as well.

I am speechless.
So much for "community spirit"! :lol:

Some guy wanted to show off his LMP "drift" car. This was too good to be true (and it was). He just did a powerslide into a corner at 150 MPH, knocking six actual drifters out. The chat box filled up with angry complaints. The host and the arse nugget who was drifting both shared some sort of clan tag, so I assume they were friends. The host kicked six people and the guy in the LMP replied "thx bro lmao" and continued sliding around like a total idiot. I grew a pair and said "why did you kick them? they didn't do anything wrong." The host said "stfu *expletive*" and kicked me as well.

I am speechless.

Well... They never grow up. :indiff:

I was on that server too :P It went all fine for at least 1,5 hours. But when a few people started drag racing and going wrong way down the long straight. The room went from perfectly fine to **** in just a few minutes, so after a few head on crashes I decided to leave...

Such a shame how people come and ruin a good room that was online for ~2hours... :(

Ehm... Aint that a surprise, I had the same thing happen. You weren't driving a white Murciélago SV, right?

Ive noticed people don't like you using the academy cars, I was in a 450 pp ( I think ) anyway the car I used was the academy VW Sirrocco and the others didn't stand a chance, It felt a bit like I was cheating.

Ive noticed people don't like you using the academy cars, I was in a 450 pp ( I think ) anyway the car I used was the academy VW Sirrocco and the others didn't stand a chance, It felt a bit like I was cheating.
That's a bit like going out for a beer with a bunch of students and then waving a £50 note at the barman to get his attention :lol:

I would do M.Bison. :lol:

EDIT: Wait, there's more than that! E.Honda, T.Hawk, D.Dark, R.Mika or C.Viper.
Or maybe C.Nash, B.Dame, A.Snider, because Street Fighter :lol:

Last edited:
Worst I've dealt with so far: People telling me to not use my pace car GT-R because the bright lights on it. 70% NOS injection makes that thing take off like a rocket. :lol:

seen a room labeled "14 year olds only" kinda made me laugh.. worst ive dealt with was some kid yesterday talking crap to everyone the second he joined the lobby and whats worse is the host actually kicked me and not him i didn't even say anything i listened to all the arguing

Why are we all finding these biased lobbies where people are discriminated from something even as small as the first letter of their names :odd: ? Why are so many lobbies filled with people using cars they obviously cannot handle? What happened to the lobbies in GT5 where everyone was respectful of each other?

Why are we all finding these biased lobbies where people are discriminated from something even as small as the first letter of their names :odd: ? Why are so many lobbies filled with people using cars they obviously cannot handle? What happened to the lobbies in GT5 where everyone was respectful of each other?
thats what im saying GT5 i ran into nothing but nice folks who liked to drive and tune.. lately i run into kids who come in talking about peoples country flag and trying to talk crap the whole time their in the lobby maybe im just getting on at the wrong time of day

seen a room labeled "14 year olds only" kinda made me laugh.. worst ive dealt with was some kid yesterday talking crap to everyone the second he joined the lobby and whats worse is the host actually kicked me and not him i didn't even say anything i listened to all the arguing

What do you expect?

Some kids are like that. Or worse... :nervous:

Back