Worst You've Dealt With Online...

Yeah the limit is a strange thing to have. You can have three names. I started as my real name and was like "hey, that's no fun", so I changed it and it gave me a warning saying I can only change it one more time. Don't know why they decided to put a limit on something like that.

I think it makes sense. Otherwise people can go online, act like a clown, then when they have a terrible reputation, just keep changing name.

Worst? Going into a room and realising that the folks in there were using voice-chat and irritated the hell out of me.

Btw, is there an option to lower the volume for voice-chat? Can't find anything in the menu.

Was playing online for the first time this weekend and it annoyed the heck out of me. Constant talking about anything but the cars. Had to take my headphones off.

Was playing online for the first time this weekend and it annoyed the heck out of me. Constant talking about anything but the cars. Had to take my headphones off.

Yeah I def look for rooms that have voice chat disabled now. I used to like to go into rooms and listen to people talk about the cars and track but I think a lot of loud, irritating people bought GT this year.. don't mean to be mean but it's just so annoying to listen to people cuss and be so rude.. it's just not fun!

I don't know about you guys but my headset has a volume control and a mute button. You should also be able to mute a player in the lobby if you just want to filter one out.

I haven't did much in public lobbies in GT5 or 6 but when I did one of my biggest complaints was how many people show up without a headset,

The only thing I can think of is when I got kicked from the lobby because I didn't know the "Pontiac Trans-am" was a race car...

Gotta love it when the host starts a race in a lobby titled "Free Run - NO RACE". :lol:
Admittedly it's quite enjoyable spanking 1,000HP GTRs on Nurburgring with my Impreza GT300 Base Model. 👍
That car drives like a dream on the ring, and pretty much everywhere else :) Also has a great set of lights for night racing, maybe the best I have driven thus far.

Gotta love it when the host starts a race in a lobby titled "Free Run - NO RACE". :lol:
Admittedly it's quite enjoyable spanking 1,000HP GTRs on Nurburgring with my Impreza GT300 Base Model. 👍
I assume it hasn't got the horsepower of a normal GT300 racer?:sly:
My GT300 RX7 is more GT700 than 300.:eek:

I think it makes sense. Otherwise people can go online, act like a clown, then when they have a terrible reputation, just keep changing name.

Then why are we allowed to change it at all? If we can change our name, there shouldn't be a limit. It's just stupid.

Real answer: When people leave a room im hosting just because a very short race just started....

Was your room titled "Free Run" or something like that? I've left when those rooms have started a race because people are in anything ranging from a 2CV to a 787B. What's the point of a race? If the host offers a race with a certain PP or something, fine, but when everyone is in such different cars, don't start a race out of nowhere.

Nope typically NASCAR rooms or most recently a "Use your fastest car" room. and there was no X1 overload, so Idk....
Then why are we allowed to change it at all? If we can change our name, there shouldn't be a limit. It's just stupid.

Was your room titled "Free Run" or something like that? I've left when those rooms have started a race because people are in anything ranging from a 2CV to a 787B. What's the point of a race? If the host offers a race with a certain PP or something, fine, but when everyone is in such different cars, don't start a race out of nowhere.

So? Nothing wrong with that. Was the thread in GT5 copyrighted? Nope. Is the member who made the GT5 version still an active member? Nope.
If you aren't going to contribute to the topic at hand why even bother to reply? :rolleyes:

Hey I'm still here, just was away for a while :):)

To allow for genuine reasons, maybe someone made a typo, didn't realise real name was used online and doesn't want it to show, or even more shockingly is female and gets married or divorced.

To allow for genuine reasons, maybe someone made a typo, didn't realise real name was used online and doesn't want it to show, or even more shockingly is female and gets married or divorced.

I don't know. I highly doubt any of those are the reasons.

Was in a lobby earlier today with @Ericiscoollike on Nurburgring. I brought out my Life Step Van and he was in his S206 Impreza following me. Eric got hit head-on by an idiot (we'll call him Goober) in an FXX going the wrong way on the final straight (big shock there, right?). Goober immediately spun around and proceeded to travel down the final straight going the right way. I was travelling at around 115mph, when he came barreling up behind me and full-on slammed into my Life Step Van, sending it spinning wildly at over 200mph. After trying to get the host to kick him and another idiot (we'll call him Dopey), who was ramming everyone in his Aventador, Eric and I left.

Back