Would you want this in GT6 or 7?

• Thread starter King1982
  • 30 comments

Do you want this in Gran Turismo?

• Total voters
You either drive or analize the telemetry. Can't do both properly at the same time.

Or is it a replay?

While it would be cool, in-game telemetry isn't very useful. I'd much rather have what we have now where you analyze data after a lap, as opposed to a huge boatload of info while you're driving.

Also, Forza 5's telemetry is pathetic compared to Forza 4. Huge step back. It used to be flowing in 4, and quick to respond to flipping through the pages.

It would also show your power, RPM, lap time, and torque no matter what page you looked at. The tire temp was also much easier to understand with the green to red heat indication.

In 5, it's slow, poorly designed, and is just overall worse and less informative than in 4.

Also, suggestions forum is your friend.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/features.341/

You either drive or analize the telemetry. Can't do both properly at the same time.

Or is it a replay?

Yes its also in Replay mode. I use it to analyze my data and tune my car based on that data. Differs per track, so its handy you can save tunen, so you can have tunes for each car on different tracks.

While it would be cool, in-game telemetry isn't very useful. I'd much rather have what we have now where you analyze data after a lap, as opposed to a huge boatload of info while you're driving.

Also, Forza 5's telemetry is pathetic compared to Forza 4. Huge step back. It used to be flowing in 4, and quick to respond to flipping through the pages.

It would also show your power, RPM, lap time, and torque no matter what page you looked at. The tire temp was also much easier to understand with the green to red heat indication.

In 5, it's slow, poorly designed, and is just overall worse and less informative than in 4.

Also, suggestions forum is your friend.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/features.341/

You dont seem to know what you are talking about because the only thing that changed since FM4 is indeed the colors dont change to green and red in the tyre temp menu, but other than that its exactly the same as it since fm1.

Yes its also in Replay mode. I use it to analyze my data and tune my car based on that data. Differs per track, so its handy you can save tunen, so you can have tunes for each car on different tracks.

You dont seem to know what you are talking about because the only thing that changed since FM4 is indeed the colors dont change to green and red in the tyre temp menu, but other than that its exactly the same as it since fm1.
You are obviously the one who is mistaken.

In FM4, even when looking at other pages such as tire temp and g force, it would still show power output and other info on the side. This is absent.

The menus are also much slower, they are very laggy.

Please check your facts before you refute mine.

I havent noticed any lag.
I have. Whenever I press the button for telemetry, it takes a second to get the information on screen. It will also momentarily freeze up the screen quite often.

I also do not like how the power, torque, and RPM are no longer available on the side either. It was very useful to me, probably the most useful bit of information I could use. Now that it's gone, in-game telemetry is pretty much useless. I'd much rather have post race.

Can't deny it was very nice. I do like the detail. It would become very useful in endurance races.

This is nice and all, but, I'd rather have this in a replay instead of while I'm driving. I like the way Shift 2's telemetry data was done. It does most of the things done here, but doesn't invade your view-- not saying that this does, but S2U's data was more out of the way.

sure, why not? Enthusia had a much more simplified display you could have that showed g-force and tire grip. It was kind of in the way too but I used it once in a while

Yes of course. GT cannot be "The Real Driving Simulator" without this.
And no data logger and load meter are not enough.

No I don't want this in GT6 or GT7 because this is in Forza 5.
This isn't constructive ! In both game there is good and bad points mate, you have to admit it. IMO the best racing game will be the association of GT and Forza ( and some R Factor bits ).

Can you list all the real cars that have this feature?

So how can it relate to a real driving simulator?

This is nice and all, but, I'd rather have this in a replay instead of while I'm driving. I like the way Shift 2's telemetry data was done. It does most of the things done here, but doesn't invade your view-- not saying that this does, but S2U's data was more out of the way.

Ido use it in replay to see in wich corner i can improve, where my tyrewear peaks and how my camber changes mid corner and apex. Yes SHift sheepishly copied all Forza's Telemetry screens. Its still a lot more usefull in Forza than in Shift 2. Bloody arcade racer. I hated that handling model.

Show me this datalogger and what it can do. Irrc remember it being a telemetry line in graph or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been saying this since Forza 3. Mainly kept to myself but made mention of it here a while back. Also you can use this in a replay on Forza. No need to drive and watch telemetry simultaneously.

I like the first segment of the telemetry settings, to monitor current horsepower and torque output. That would be useful to me. 👍

Love it, wish something similar was in GT. I'd like a few tweaks to it, but it would be quite useful for a tuner. This combined with the Data Logger in GT would really be something special. Of course there's a lot more information in Forza, hopefully PD can do something like this for GT7 or GT8.

Back